Thunder @ Suns Wednesday game thread 3-8-2023

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I was assuming we beat them on Saturday, gain ground, and go on a tear with KD. So, just my opinion. You know....we can have those and you don't need to be a tool.
Can we just not do this again. You can call me whatever you like, tool, casual fan, whatever you want. But truth is I'm over here smiling, doing dishes so my beautiful wife will be happy, trying not to hijack this thread again. You do you and I'll do me, that simple, nobody wants to read our back and forth lol

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not sure how you are also catching the kings? We might catch them, but it will be tough.

But I do expect us to pass Memphis with this Ja mess.

Golden State, Sacramento, Denver would be a really nice path to the finals.
I’d rather it be Minnesota, Sacramento and Denver. I don’t want GS in round 1. Would like to get the 2 or 3 seed and hopefully Dallas/GS are the 4-5. That way we wouldn’t play either team until the conference finals. Sacramento has the #1 offense in the league but they don’t play defense whatsoever.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can we just not do this again. You can call me whatever you like, tool, casual fan, whatever you want. But truth is I'm over here smiling, doing dishes so my beautiful wife will be happy, trying not to hijack this thread again. You do you and I'll do me, that simple, nobody wants to read our back and forth lol
You don't want a reaction try being cordial? It's amaing how that works. Just sayin. LOL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, so we can continue talking about firing our head coach. ;) How about instead, we hire a strong assistant that specializes in in-game adjustments? That's what makes the most sense to me. Monty is a fantastic leader of men but he could use some help in the in-game and playoff series adjustments. We used to have just that in Willie Green.
That’s a great point. It would be an equally good remedy. Unfortunately the best of those usually get snapped up as head coaches (hence willie green not being in our bench anymore).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a great point. It would be an equally good remedy. Unfortunately the best of those usually get snapped up as head coaches (hence willie green not being in our bench anymore).
It's hard to keep good assistants. If they are really that good? They are moving up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no reason we shouldnt catch the fraudulent Kings and the gun-crazy Morants
I can see us catching the Grizz, but the Kings keep playing good basketball. I think they’re ultimately playoff pretenders and wouldn’t fear them for a moment come May, but their schedule is pretty light the rest of the way and could keep a pace just ahead of us is this team keeps gelling.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see us catching the Grizz, but the Kings keep playing good basketball. I think they’re ultimately playoff pretenders and wouldn’t fear them for a moment come May, but their schedule is pretty light the rest of the way and could keep a pace just ahead of us is this team keeps gelling.
I have not looked at their schedule. If it's light? Yeah that is going to be tough.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We do have 2 more games against them with 2.5 games to make up. We certainly have a good chance of catching them if we win those games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d rather it be Minnesota, Sacramento and Denver. I don’t want GS in round 1. Would like to get the 2 or 3 seed and hopefully Dallas/GS are the 4-5. That way we wouldn’t play either team until the conference finals. Sacramento has the #1 offense in the league but they don’t play defense whatsoever.
Sure, that would be even easier.

As long as we avoid the Mavs and Clippers I think we are for sure good.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We play the Kings twice, we're only 2.5 games behind them...

Yes, we can absolutely catch the Kings.

If we stay healthy we SHOULD catch the Kings.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kings aren't fraudulent. They can really really score.
They’re the number one offense in the NBA. They just have zero playoff/late regular season game experience as a franchise. 16 year playoff drought should be coming to an end.

Fox might make an All-NBA team. Sabonis is putting up a historic statline. Keegan Murray is solid but they need to replace Harrison Barnes. His stats look good but I just feel like they should go younger with a small-ball 4.

Heurter is the key for them. Can he hit threes and can they do a good enough job of hiding him on defense, where he can be a liability.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns fans getting ready for the appearance of Kevin Durant at home in a Suns uniform.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:grabs:

No TV for me here tonight. Will be following the highly esteemed ASFN analysts here, and espn.com. all the while binging other shows with my wife!

Go Suns! Enjoy the game everyone!

:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Working tonight. Will catch the highlights later.

And of course, I always have great fun reading the game thread after the game is over. Call it a study in schizophrenia!