Thunder @ Suns Friday game thread 4-2-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Suns wrap up their three game home stand with a visit from the
Thunder.

Afterwards they go on the road for one game to play the Rockets on Monday
and then return home to play the Jazz in a big game on Wednesday.

Thunder are 20-27 and snapped their three game losing streak on Wednesday
against the Raptors.

Suns are 33-14 after beating the Bulls. They are currently riding a four game
winning streak.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig is Questionable.

Abdel Nader and Frank Kaminsky are OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC beat Raptors with this rotation on Wednesday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In relevant games yesterday in the West, the Hawks beat Spurs in 2/OT and the Nuggets beat the Clippers.

The Nuggets look improved with the addition of Aaron Gordon.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
THUNDER
Usual starters Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (plantar fasciitis), Darius Bazley (left foot contusion), Lu Dort (concussion) and Al Horford (shut down) will all be out against the Suns. Mike Muscala (ankle) and Ty Jerome (right ankle sprain) are out as well. Aleksej Pokusevski is not listed on ESPN's injury report, but he was in the COVID-19 health and safety protocol during Wednesday's game. His status is unclear.

Suns
The Thunder won't get to see former OKC wing Abdel Nader. He is out with a knee injury. Torrey Craig (knee) is questionable and Frank Kaminsky (COVID-19 protocols) is out.
Thunder vs. Suns: Lineups, injury reports, broadcast info (April 2) (yahoo.com)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go suns sweep at home be nice

Wishing book paul ayton bench does well

Has there been any mention of dario winning 6th man

Go suns!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has there been any mention of dario winning 6th man

Go suns!!!

Sorry but I'm not even sure he's in the top 20 for this award. Jordan Clarkson has it all but nailed down with Montrezl my bet to finish 2nd. Terence Ross, Shake Milton and Chris Boucher are all in the running (but, distantly). Vegas odds also list Eric Gordon, Thaddeus Young, Ty Haliburton, Patty Mills, Tyler Herro, Joe Ingles, Goran Dragic, Kyle Kuzma, Malik Monk, Derrick Rose and even the just traded Lou Williams but no sign of Dario.

Dario missed a lot of games this season which alone would likely have doomed his chances but he's also had a run of clunker games until the last couple so he'd be a real long shot at this time. Also, his value includes more than just putting up the numbers and numbers typically drive this award.

He's our most important 6th man, he'll have to settle for that recognition. And if we do well in the postseason, he'll likely get even more attention.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm not even sure he's in the top 20 for this award. Jordan Clarkson has it all but nailed down with Montrezl my bet to finish 2nd. Terence Ross, Shake Milton and Chris Boucher are all in the running (but, distantly). Vegas odds also list Eric Gordon, Thaddeus Young, Ty Haliburton, Patty Mills, Tyler Herro, Joe Ingles, Goran Dragic, Kyle Kuzma, Malik Monk, Derrick Rose and even the just traded Lou Williams but no sign of Dario.

Dario missed a lot of games this season which alone would likely have doomed his chances but he's also had a run of clunker games until the last couple so he'd be a real long shot at this time. Also, his value includes more than just putting up the numbers and numbers typically drive this award.

He's our most important 6th man, he'll have to settle for that recognition. And if we do well in the postseason, he'll likely get even more attention.
Not in the top 20? That means he wouldn't be in contention amongst 16 playoff teams and 4 non-playoff teams? You're saying there are 20 6th men that should be considered over Dario?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea just thought might be considered since he usually balls when healthy but the injury time is hurting

Still very valuable component depending if he is healthy in poffs....

God poff suns gonna give me a damn heartattack lol if these current gms are signs

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in the top 20? That means he wouldn't be in contention amongst 16 playoff teams and 4 non-playoff teams? You're saying there are 20 6th men that should be considered over Dario?

He was asking if there'd been any mention of his name with this award and I was answering that question. There are rankings and there are betting sites that list most of the candidates that have a chance, Dario doesn't make any of the lists that I've seen and some of them go into the mid-teens. I don't watch enough non-Suns games to have an opinion on whether he should be in the top 20 other than what I pointed out about his absences and the stretch where he struggled.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He was asking if there'd been any mention of his name with this award and I was answering that question. There are rankings and there are betting sites that list most of the candidates that have a chance, Dario doesn't make any of the lists that I've seen and some of them go into the mid-teens. I don't watch enough non-Suns games to have an opinion on whether he should be in the top 20 other than what I pointed out about his absences and the stretch where he struggled.
But you are an intelligent basketball fan and have watched the NBA for a long time, do you believe, regardless of whatever rankings you saw, that Dario should at least be in the conversation?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... do you believe, regardless of whatever rankings you saw, that Dario should at least be in the conversation?

Probably not. I would have said definitely if you asked me at the start of the season. But here we are 47 games in and he's probably played like a true 6th man contributor in fewer than 20 of them.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Next season hope there is a meet n greet at a suns gm!!!

Wonder if jones will say anything on upcoming fa/draft on broadcast amazing job by him well and lucking out on paul signing lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard