Thunder @ Suns Friday game thread 2-24-2023

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hopeful we'd make a run at PJ Tucker last summer but Philly rolled through with some funny money.

May have been for the best though, Tucker is stinkin it up this year.
gotta figure this off-season their big move is to use the MLE to get the best ish-kicker type grit guy on the market and should have the full MLE I think because we didn’t use it this season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
gotta figure this off-season their big move is to use the MLE to get the best ish-kicker type grit guy on the market and should have the full MLE I think because we didn’t use it this season.

I think they're going to have to use it to keep Okogie, we don't have his bird rights.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh that could be. That dude has really been balling since getting a shot.
Better hope he really likes playing here. If he keeps up this level of play through a deep playoff run the tax MLE is likely far less than he'd get on the open market.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better hope he really likes playing here. If he keeps up this level of play through a deep playoff run the tax MLE is likely far less than he'd get on the open market.
Honestly, if he plays like this thru the playoffs and KD is healthy we will steamroll everyone to a title and then they could nuke the whole franchise at that point for all I care.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but we aren't going to steam roll anyone.

But, I hope you're right.
Yeah the highs and lows on this board are frightening sometimes. We lose a game, we're horrible and should trade half the roster because we'll never build a winner around these guys. Or beat a sub-500 team missing their best player and all of a sudden we're just a KD away from destroying everybody. But, yeah, I hope he's right too.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If (and that's a HUGE if) and when you win a title - you do everything you can to bring everybody back that made it happen

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the highs and lows on this board are frightening sometimes. We lose a game, we're horrible and should trade half the roster because we'll never build a winner around these guys. Or beat a sub-500 team missing their best player and all of a sudden we're just a KD away from destroying everybody. But, yeah, I hope he's right too.
Since you’re talking about my post let me just call that a totally garbage/projected argument. I haven’t swung that way at all and neither have most of the pro KD. In fact, I’ve literally said these games without KD don’t bother me one way or another because I know he’s the biggest difference maker in the league so I’m going into huge swings game tk game. We leave that level of histrionics for those seemingly hoping the trade ends up a disaster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you’re talking about my post let me just call that a totally garbage/projected argument. I haven’t swung that way at all and neither have most of the pro KD. In fact, I’ve literally said these games without KD don’t bother me one way or another because I know he’s the biggest difference maker in the league so I’m going into huge swings game tk game. We leave that level of histrionics for those seemingly hoping the trade ends up a disaster.
I didn't even pay attention to who made the previous comment but it wouldn't have changed what I said. If I had wanted it to be a statement about your posts, I'd have quoted you directly. Look through this board, not just now, but all season long and you'll see the same extremes (just replace KD's name for whoever was missing at the time).

How many times have posters written off Ayton or Bridges as scrubs or role players because they couldn't lead a team missing several key players? And then we turn around and beat Memphis and we're right back to winning it all and Ayton and Bridges are superstars. And I'm not excluding myself from the extremes, we've been riding a roller coaster since we traded for CP3.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
On Friday vs the Thunder the jumbotron had a slogan that I can only describe as "Native American pidgin" and then showed that slogan in English. Anyone recall what that was?