Third down Efficiency

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
4/15 this week on 3rd down... about the same last week.
While i like the fact we are rushing the ball at about a 45% clip (33 of 69 snaps) and i like that we are winning the T.o.P. battle...
We gotta either fix third downs or not get in them.

You guys have any ideas? Is it directly related to our sub 60% passing?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
While i like the fact we are rushing the ball at about a 45% clip (33 of 69 snaps) and i like that we are winning the T.o.P. battle...

I agree...I think what we've seen in PS is going to be the overall game plan during the season. Keep games close and ugly...take shots when applicable, but try to keep the other team from steamrolling. I think they might even increase the run %, if they can get consistent blocking. They have 3 backs that can rotate in with fresh legs, now.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree...I think what we've seen in PS is going to be the overall game plan during the season. Keep games close and ugly...take shots when applicable, but try to keep the other team from steamrolling. I think they might even increase the run %, if they can get consistent blocking. They have 3 backs that can rotate in with fresh legs, now.
Exactly. That is why they overpaid for a 39 year old kicker who is mediocre at medium field goals, but one of the best in history at 50+.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Vikings were 2 of 12 on 3rd down.

This week Seahawks were 6/14. Chiefs 4/13. Browns 5/14. Chargers 5/14. Many others similar.

Playing mostly 2nd and 3rd string guys means 3rd down football isn't great.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson