The Wire

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it gets better...I think it stays at a continuing plateau of awesome. I happened to like some of the characters from those two seasons a lot though (beadie russel, Sobotka, carcetti, Bunny Colvin) thus those two seasons were my favorites.

What is awesome about that show is it completely refocuses each season on new areas of Baltimore and new characters, but ones from each previous season continue to weave their way through the storylines. Or it moves them into different situations.
If it doesn't get better. No queueue.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't get better. No queueue.

From what you have said so far, it can't do anything BUT get better.

You will like Bunny Colvin...and also Tommy Carcetti. I can almost guarantee that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what you have said so far, it can't do anything BUT get better.

You will like Bunny Colvin...and also Tommy Carcetti. I can almost guarantee that.
I think you are right. :) I fought against watching Arrested Development on here. Something else that I ended up liking as well.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...it was all so....ANGRY in here.

I'm hypersensitive, but abomb..."Are you drunk?"....not cool. :nono:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only Donald was angry. He has issues. Abomb is only kinda angry because he can't get cookie jar permissions.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only Donald was angry. He has issues. Abomb is only kinda angry because he can't get cookie jar permissions.

I'm angry like the Wire.

Actually, I think abomb wants to have sex with The Wire....he likes it more than I do, I think.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It's the comment that even Big Love is better than the Wire that has left me speechless.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I just finished episode 2 of the 2nd season. I must say that I am having a hard time staying interested in season 2. The first season was fantastic. But as of right now after only 2 episodes Im starting to wonder why I spent 90 bucks on the complete series. Very very lackluster so far IMO.

Damn I hope it gets better.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I just finished episode 2 of the 2nd season. I must say that I am having a hard time staying interested in season 2. The first season was fantastic. But as of right now after only 2 episodes Im starting to wonder why I spent 90 bucks on the complete series. Very very lackluster so far IMO.

I really loved that season...the Docks. For some reason though, that is the least favorite season of most Wire fans. I enjoyed it. The crazy kid is on there that drove the hummer in Generation Kill..cracks me up on this season..he's a real ef-up.

The Politics one is the best though, with Carcetti and Bunny's drug experiment "Hamsterdam." That's the third season. The school system is the 4th season, which I think is Adam's favorite, then the newspaper season is five, which I haven't watched yet.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are not convinced by the list of critics Donald gave me?

:mulli:

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score

Season 2 for me was the weakest season. That doesn't mean that I don't like the season, it's just not my favorite.

I think one reason why you may not like it as much as the first is because the pace in Season 2 might even be slower than in the first season. But the writers do reward the viewers, so I would suggest keeping with it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

In no way is Big Love remotely on the same playing field as The Wire.

Although both are good TV, the writing is much better on The Wire.

Really only the Soprano's comes within earshot of this series.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great, I am convinced to just yal's word for it. Great show, just don't care enough about it.

Who cares?

copshow

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I had just started the 4th season before the super bowl.

Today I watched 6 episodes back to back. It made me forget the loss for a few hours.

Best show ever.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had just started the 4th season before the super bowl.

Today I watched 6 episodes back to back. It made me forget the loss for a few hours.

Best show ever.

Awesome. Glad you are continuing to enjoy it. :thumbup:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well as you can see by this post that it took me 1.5 months to get through season 2 which is only 12 episodes long.

Season one was fantastic! This (season 2) was painstakingly average TV. It really took all I had to get through it. It did get better in the last 4 episodes but not near enough to make up for the entire season.

Didnt help matters that there really was no worthy reward at the end either. The investigation was pretty much a wash.

Im praying that season 3 is better and gets back to its season 1 roots.

PLEASE GET BETTER!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison