The Video Game Deals Thread

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good pickings there.

Heads up, I believe Alan Wake will be pulled soon completely--something about music licensing, so if you want to get it, you should get it now. Especially at only $2.50.

Amazing game. Loved every minute.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty annoying that you have to use a credit card to purchase BC XB360 titles. I have $40 in Xbox digital codes in my account, but I can't buy anything on that list with it. Screw them, no sale.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty annoying that you have to use a credit card to purchase BC XB360 titles. I have $40 in Xbox digital codes in my account, but I can't buy anything on that list with it. Screw them, no sale.

which list? The xbox sale you can buy them right on your xbox with the xbox points. The one I just posted from amazon, you cant.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which list? The xbox sale you can buy them right on your xbox with the xbox points. The one I just posted from amazon, you cant.

The ones from the BC sale Major Nelson posted. I tried last night and it wouldn't let me use those points on the XBox One to purchase those titles.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ones from the BC sale Major Nelson posted. I tried last night and it wouldn't let me use those points on the XBox One to purchase those titles.
odd..

it should.

I am assuming you tried on the xbox?

If you try it online through major nelsons portal, when you click buy it should list your credits as an option. Are they microsoft credits or xbox credits?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tried online and it did not allow me to use my credits for a 360 game so only hope would be through console.

I guess you could just keep the credits for Xbone purchases and buy old games with cash though :shrug: lame

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tried online and it did not allow me to use my credits for a 360 game so only hope would be through console.

I guess you could just keep the credits for Xbone purchases and buy old games with cash though :shrug: lame

Yup. I was using the console. I suppose I could try it through the 360 to see if that makes a difference.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ended up getting a bunch of stuff from the current sale:

You must be registered for see images attach

Arcade Origins was the most expensive at $9.99.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting a bunch of stuff from the current sale:

You must be registered for see images attach

Arcade Origins was the most expensive at $9.99.
lol you bought all of them?

I used to play the CRAP out of that texas hold em game. Loved it. I played online though in tournament mode where everyone had the same money and you tried to win. As you won several games, you could buy into better competitions with people who didn't go all in within 5 seconds every time. I would spend hours in matches and then it would crash. It was tons of fun but so frustrating because the crash issue was quite common.

If I ever get the time to spend playing poker, id be down to play you.

Oblivion was fun, its the last full scale RPG I played, havent ever had the time since.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought midway origins too. Good call. I dont know the 30 games but in the screenshots I saw skate or die, robot football, the truck racing from above game and other games I LOVED back in the day spending hours at video round up in scottsdale. Cant wait to play them with my son.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from Wiki:

Games[edit]

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Time to upgrade your internet.

Im also still on the 360 with the external HDD, so things do take time.

Im the same way with videogames as I am with music and books. I like disks, records, paperbacks. I like being able to hold the thing in my hand. I dont like downloads.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
personally, I am about 95% downloads and no more discs. useless clutter IMO. Its really paying off now too as all the back compat games just magically show up on my xbox one without me doing a damn thing!

Also some of the digital deals just cant be beat.

Also also you cant beat buying games on your couch and never going to the damn store. I hate going shopping.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
lol you bought all of them?

I used to play the CRAP out of that texas hold em game. Loved it. I played online though in tournament mode where everyone had the same money and you tried to win. As you won several games, you could buy into better competitions with people who didn't go all in within 5 seconds every time. I would spend hours in matches and then it would crash. It was tons of fun but so frustrating because the crash issue was quite common.

If I ever get the time to spend playing poker, id be down to play you.

Oblivion was fun, its the last full scale RPG I played, havent ever had the time since.
Yeah, Texas Hold Em and Haunted House were $1.50, and a majority of the others were either $2.50 or $2.99. Not going to break the bank with those prices.

And I SUCK at poker, so I'm not sure it would be much of a game... :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Texas Hold Em and Haunted House were $1.50, and a majority of the others were either $2.50 or $2.99. Not going to break the bank with those prices.

And I SUCK at poker, so I'm not sure it would be much of a game... :)
youll pick it up. I learned how to play holdem with that game and with red dead redemption.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I was using the console. I suppose I could try it through the 360 to see if that makes a difference.

Someone over at AVS says that this will work. Pretty annoying workaround. Still even for a few bucks, I'd rather just use the money I have in my XB account versus hitting the CC.