Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Some interesting stuff there, but nothing jaw-dropping.

With these new additions, the BF4 for $4.50 deal might have expired.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
there are 360 deals at the link too, worms is 75% off.

Dead Island is $3.00 for 360. I believe all the Deals with Gold deals for 360 are for backwards compatible games.

Oh, and caveat, you HAVE to be an Xbox Live subscriber to get these deals. But it's so cheap now -- you can conceivably find year memberships for 35 bucks on the internet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dead Island is $3.00 for 360. I believe all the Deals with Gold deals for 360 are for backwards compatible games.

Oh, and caveat, you HAVE to be an Xbox Live subscriber to get these deals. But it's so cheap now -- you can conceivably find year memberships for 35 bucks on the internet.
Not all deals with gold are backwards compatible, games with gold are (the free ones)

Deals with gold means deals for gold subscribers :)

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not all deals with gold are backwards compatible, games with gold are (the free ones)

Deals with gold means deals for gold subscribers :)
Aah, you're right. That sucks. They are pretty slow on releasing the backwards compatibility games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aah, you're right. That sucks. They are pretty slow on releasing the backwards compatibility games.
there are VERY few old games I care to play still and I still have a 360 so it hasn't mattered much to me at all. I do throw on an occasional 360 arcade game like geometry wars but I prefer to play newer stuff.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
week of 6/28

https://majornelson.com/2016/06/27/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-53/

Xbox One Deals
CONTENT TITLE CONTENT TYPE DISCOUNT NOTES
Commander Cherry for Kinect Xbox One Game 67% DWG
DC Universe Online 12-Month Membership Add-On 25% DWG
DC Universe Online 3-Month Membership Add-On 10% DWG
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round New Costume Pass 2* Add-On 40% Spotlight
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Story Mode* Add-On 30% Spotlight
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round: Core Fighters 30 Character Set Add-On 40% Spotlight
NBA 2K16 Xbox One Game 50% DWG
NBA 2K16 200,000 VC Add-On 40% DWG
NBA 2K16 450,000 VC Add-On 60% DWG
NBA 2K16 75,000 VC Add-On 10% DWG
NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition Xbox One Game 50% DWG
NBA 2K16 Starter Pack Add-On 50% DWG
Organic Panic Xbox One Game 33% DWG
Resident Evil 6 Xbox One Game 30% DWG
Teslagrad Xbox One Game 50% DWG
Titanfall Deluxe Edition Xbox One Game 75% DWG
Unmechanical: Extended Xbox One Game 67% DWG
Zheros Xbox One Game 50% DWG

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Zheros was a Game with Gold a few months ago. But there aren't many great deals this month. Maybe Titanfall if you like online-only games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zheros was a Game with Gold a few months ago. But there aren't many great deals this month. Maybe Titanfall if you like online-only games.

I bought titanfall for like 5 bucks on a sale one day, havent played it lol. I just couldnt pass on $5.

Zheroes is garbage imo

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I bought titanfall for like 5 bucks on a sale one day, havent played it lol. I just couldnt pass on $5.

Zheroes is garbage imo
LOL, my thoughts exactly on both points. Haven't quite been able to get into the online gaming thing. Mostly I think it's because I don't want to embarrass myself. LOL :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, my thoughts exactly on both points. Haven't quite been able to get into the online gaming thing. Mostly I think it's because I don't want to embarrass myself. LOL :)
Have you tried? With shooters there is a learning curve but once you are there, all games are the same and you are automatically at least decent.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Have you tried? With shooters there is a learning curve but once you are there, all games are the same and you are automatically at least decent.
Not much. I tried back in the day on the PC, with Guild Wars and The Matrix Online (I worked for Warner Bros at the time and got it for free, thank God). I liked Guild Wars, but it had a lot of single-player aspects to it that I liked.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much. I tried back in the day on the PC, with Guild Wars and The Matrix Online (I worked for Warner Bros at the time and got it for free, thank God). I liked Guild Wars, but it had a lot of single-player aspects to it that I liked.

You'll probably get your ass kicked at first but if you can play the campaign fine, you should be ok online. Just remember that most the people playing have played way more than you so they know the nooks and crannies of the map where you are lost. Over time once you learn maps, you'll improve. It'll help you get better at single player too.

For me, at least with shooters, it is rare that I touch the campaign. I prefer real opponents and the challenge, the campaigns are too easy and when you make it harder all it does if give more enemies and make it real easy for you to die with minimal damage.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. Were you around last year when they did the sale? How good is it?

lol Ive been around for more than 33 years :)

The sales are decent, it'll have 25% off huge games and deep discounts on other games. its no different than the normal sales, just more content.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...xbox-ultimate-game-sale-kicks-off-july-5.aspx

Games will be discounted 40 to 60 percent, with a number of newer titles included in the sale. Some games you’ll be able to save on include Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, Doom, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Far Cry Primal, Just Cause 3, The Witcher III, and Star Wars Battlefront.

More than 250 discounts will be offered during the week. Additionally, Microsoft is offering Xbox One for $279 for a limited time. If you purchase from the Microsoft Store, you’ll also get a $50 gift code.