The Video Game Deals Thread

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Browsing on my Xbox I noticed Shadow of Mordor is only $10 and that was like one of the highest rated games when it was new. Only heard good things. Don't think I'll ever have time for it though

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Browsing on my Xbox I noticed Shadow of Mordor is only $10 and that was like one of the highest rated games when it was new. Only heard good things. Don't think I'll ever have time for it though

Yeah, I got it basically free a long time ago at the Microsoft store when they had a trade-in special ($10/game). I traded 6 worthless 360 games for it like ncaa basketball 2006.

I still haven't played it.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Shadows of Mordor is one of the hardest games I've ever played. It's extremely hard to remain alive literally ten minutes after starting to play it--so many orcs, so many orcs! Although, the strategy is said to be more akin to stealth games where you should probably avoid large groups of orcs. At least at first.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Great game. You go around doing missions and killing orcs. You can ride monster dogs or whatever, and target an ever changing hitlist of them in the Nemesis system. (and if you fail, they get promoted and get stronger). Got so many games I'm probably only 20 percent through, but it's a good game.

Combat is like the Batman Arkham series if you've played those.

$10 is a good price, that matches the lowest on Steam for the Summer sale that just ended.

Though if you've got a PC and don't mind the Grey CD-Key sites like G2A or CDKeys you can find it for about $4.50-7.XX before any fees right now.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Slickdeal

Xbox One - Assassin's Creed Unity (digital copy) on sale for $2.37 at CDKeys

CDKeys is kind of a grey area where no one really knows where they gets their game codes or how they can sell them so cheaply, but the codes work.

AC: Unity was a really good game if you like the AC series.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Slickdeals - Max Curse of the Brotherhood

Xbox 360 - $0.66
Xbox One - $2.69

I enjoyed this game even though it got mixed reviews. It's a platformer where you keep learning different abilities to make your way through puzzles... like making the ground rise & fall, creating vines to swing from, creating flows of water to shoot you across the map, etc. Most of the puzzles are fairly simple (making it good for younger gamers) & the graphics are excellent.

It was a free Games with Gold in July 2014.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Xbox One - The Fall (digital copy) for $1.50

I don't know much about it... it looks like a cross between Shadow Complex (which was excellent) & Limbo (Dark game).

From the description:

The Fall is a unique combination of adventure-game puzzle solving, and side-scroller action, all set within a dark and atmospheric story. Exploration will be paramount to surviving your adventure. Utilize ARID's flashlight to uncover a myriad of interactive objects. If what you uncover is hostile, switch on your laser sight and kick some metal! Get ready for a disturbing journey as you fight, explore, and think your way forward, expanding ARID's world, in spite of her protocols.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Definitely a "why not?" kind of purchase.

lol plus its free.

I had a free hold em arcade game on 360 that I used to play for hours and hours on tournament mode. lots of fun but very time consuming.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Marketplace.Xbox.com has DuckTales: Remastered (XB1/Xbox 360 Digital Download) on sale for $3.74.

This title is now backwards compatible with Xbox One since May 24, 2016.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Marketplace.Xbox.com has DuckTales: Remastered (XB1/Xbox 360 Digital Download) on sale for $3.74.

I have it on PS3 and it's a great nostalgia game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

fun game too. really hard.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One) is current showing up under "Free Play Days" for this weekend.

You have to download the game on your console... you can't add it to the install list from the website.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The All-In-One Capcom Arcade Cabinet is on sale with Gold for $6.24. It's an add-on for the $4.99 main game, but it gives you like 17 classic arcade games to play like Ghouls N Ghosts and 1942.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Star Trek Online is a new Free-To-Play game for the Xbox One & PS4:

XB1
PS4

In Star Trek Online, customize your Captain and enjoy your very own Star Trek experience with over 125 episodes through multiple story arcs, featuring content in both space and ground. Explore strange new worlds, in this ever-expanding, completely Free-to-Play online universe.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Prominence Poker - Looks interesting. Definitely a "why not?" kind of purchase.
I've played this for the last few days & it's okay, but it's very half-baked right now. Basically, they've released half a game with the other half "coming soon". Some of the achievements are really glitchy & don't track properly at all... for example, play 100 online games - I've played over 250 and still only have credit for 75 of them. The game itself moves very slowly... very long load times to get into matches, slow dealing with players going into animations (clapping, taking a drink, smoking, etc) instead of dealing out the cards, a 5 second animation whenever you go all-in. It's still poker, so it's kinda fun, but the overall experience makes me want to move on to something else once I finish getting a few more achievements that I'm close to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard