The Tomorrow War (Amazon Prime)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Enjoyed the movie for what it was. Mindless summer popcorn action.

that said, I just can’t ever love a movie about time travel due to the irrational inconsistency loop they create.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also, know what would be cool? If someone finally created killer aliens that don’t all look alike. That’s one of the things that made alien so cool - didn’t look like anything before or after. Every freaking alien looks somewhat similar now.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Tomorrow War’ Sequel in the Works at Amazon, Skydance

The Tomorrow War is living to fight another day. The sci-fi time travel film starring Chris Pratt already has a sequel in the works, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Director Chris McKay is expected to return, along with screenwriter Zach Dean and much of the original cast, which in addition to Pratt included Yvonne Strahovski, J.K. Simmons, Betty Gilpin and Sam Richardson. Skydance and Amazon are behind the project.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son finally saw it and said it's a rip off of some aspects of Wreck It Ralf. Looking back, he's right!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it for what it was… a silly action movie that more or less kept me entertained even though it had a hefty runtime.… and quite frankly, I think that was pretty much all it was trying to accomplish, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Watched last night - agreed.

Interesting concept with the whitespikes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought it was a fun popcorn movie. Was better than I expected.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, but it seemed like the humans had superior airpower, even with the 45+ year-old weapon technology like the Raptors???

I wonder if the sequel will be about the alien species piloting the spaceship.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first act plus 15 was fun/dumb enough. The second Sam Richardson disappears and is replaced by the twist as Pratt’s co-lead, it fell off a cliff. Just beyond boring and overly serious. I had to fast forward through about 30-45 minutes. Once Richardson and JK pop back up, it makes for a dumb/fun enough 3rd act.

but man... that second act SUCKS.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose