The Suns with the 2018 #1 overall pick select....

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone hear gambo, I only got the tail end, it seems like they were referring to his sources saying it's ayton. But i didn't get the whole story anyone else?

Also, that igor would say it's up to the scouts and gm to take any blowback off him?
Ayton could be one of the best centers to come out since Shaq; he has the potential to dominate for years. Anyone besides him would be foolish.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They're talking to james jones right now like the pick is ayton, he isn't confirming or denying. He is effusive in his praise for ayton...
s

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody else think Coach Bud is rethinking turning down the Suns job now? I can only guess that Igor is pretty happy right now. The Suns probably have the brightest future of any team who was searching for a coach this offseason based on young talent, cap space, and assets. We got Booker, Jackson, and Warren plus about $30 million in cap space we could free up and the #1, #16, and #31 picks this draft to go with all of our own future picks, the Bucks pick and the Heat pick in 2021.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Anybody else think Coach Bud is rethinking turning down the Suns job now? I can only guess that Igor is pretty happy right now. The Suns probably have the brightest future of any team who was searching for a coach this offseason based on young talent, cap space, and assets. We got Booker, Jackson, and Warren plus about $30 million in cap space we could free up and the #1, #16, and #31 picks this draft to go with all of our own future picks, the Bucks pick and the Heat pick in 2021.
It is not a given that Warren would be happy coming off the bench. With Booker, Jackson and Ayton, we can use Warren to get a Point Guard or Power Forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Timeline:

We win 10-15 more games next year, to get to 34 wind.

Next year, we win 44 games, make the playoffs, lose to GS in first round sweep.

Next year, they win 54 games, lose in WCF.

Next year, they start winning titles from here to eternityyyyyyyy!!!!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
My Timeline:

We win 10-15 more games next year, to get to 34 wind.

Next year, we win 44 games, make the playoffs, lose to GS in first round sweep.

Next year, they win 54 games, lose in WCF.

Next year, they start winning titles from here to eternityyyyyyyy!!!!!
On a personal note, I'll be a young 81. I better start taking care of myself! :mad:

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is not a given that Warren would be happy coming off the bench. With Booker, Jackson and Ayton, we can use Warren to get a Point Guard or Power Forward.

Ayton could be good enough inside to allow us to play Warren and Jackson as our forwards. Boston plays with 2 SF's and they've done quite well this year, including in the playoffs. The Warriors are doing that also with Durant and Iggy as their forwards. It should be an option for the Suns, if nothing else. I'm sure it'll be a trio we see on the court a bit even if they don't start games with those 3 together in the frontcourt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure about the situation with Bud but the Suns are now a very attractive coaching destination.

Congrats to Igor. Go Suns!

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm so freaking pumped. This is a no brainer. The most skilled freshmen bigman possibly... ever... oh, and he is an athletic phenom.
Only real question, imo, is desire. He really could have steam rolled the tourney field, but didn't.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gambo ripped Doncic a few minutes ago..."immature, cries during games, disliked by teammates."
but conveniently, Igor has already coached Doncic, so he'll know whether that's valid or not.
regardless, i concede the pick will be Ayton
he's a dominant big man, he's widely expected to go 1,
and, as such, he's got the highest "be kicking myself" factor for management

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton. By the way, it would be spectacular if the Suns move up with another pick considering how deep this lottery is.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Igor wants Luka and now the Suns may take Ayton so not sure he's all that happy.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I have a feeling getting free agents will be a little easier in the future!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sexton is an incredibly fast, physical, very good defensive, pg. If he adds a quality 3 point shot, he could be as good as Brandon Knight.
ROFLMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the situation with Bud but the Suns are now a very attractive coaching destination.

Congrats to Igor. Go Suns!

Ironically even though I thought the chances were slim, I was saying the Suns should have waited for this very week to hire a coach. I would have to imagine, having a coach be able to help choose the #1 pick is very rare and would be a great selling point.

I will tell you this. With the #1 pick, Booker etc. and the expectations?

Mark it down. Igor will have a harder job and will have to show major improvement in a short period of time....or he gets a quick hook.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sarver being a U of A guy might help make Ayton a lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave