The Return Game

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m really concerned the Cards didn’t re-sign Pharoh Cooper. He was progressing as a WR. He was also doing a fine job as a returner. Injury concerns make me leery of using Kirk or Isabella. If you have a young QB, field position is critical. Since these guys are the top contenders for the third receiver, it would diminish the receiver options significantly were one to be hurt.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see Cooper making this roster with the vets we have and the young guys coming up, just for PR.

Might they use Eno as a returner? Isabella is WR4/5 so he could do it. Jojo Ward might make the 53 as PR is they keep 7.

I don't think Kirk will do it anymore with his injury history but plenty of options.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the plan is for Isabella or kirk to do the returns.

I really don't think they will be any worse than cooper as long as they can catch the ball. Cooper never really broke anything or looked particularly explosive.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I really don't think they will be any worse than cooper as long as they can catch the ball. Cooper never really broke anything or looked particularly explosive.

I agree with Harry, Cooper actually ranked 9th overall in average return yards.

Not only was he solid in special teams he was actually clutch in receiving...Byrd was too for that matter. Nobody really talks about those guys but both were key contributors and will be missed.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't see Cooper making this roster with the vets we have and the young guys coming up, just for PR.

Might they use Eno as a returner? Isabella is WR4/5 so he could do it. Jojo Ward might make the 53 as PR is they keep 7.

I don't think Kirk will do it anymore with his injury history but plenty of options.

My bet is on Eno with Chase being too much of a insurance policy for Drake

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Actually, Cooper did look better than a lot of our current returners to date but then again they were operating under Amos Jones which gives them a supreme mulligan lol

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Cooper was good in the return game and was sorry to see him go. He wasn't bad as a receiver either better than the rookies. Who has been on return duty during camp?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Isabella is gonna get first crack at KR & PR...I’m excited. At least this will give him an opportunity to be on the field consistently, even if it is for ST.

He is the right guy for it. It doesn't matter if he chest catches a kick off. Just catch it and go.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else think Isabella has a weird running style?

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In high school, he could stop, adjust, and hit 2nd gear extremely quick. Not sure if he did returns in college though.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else think Isabella has a weird running style?
Him and Murray TBH.

Murray doesnt have the greatest stride length (although I'm curious if his trainer helped with that)

Andy seems to overstride a tad, but it probably just seems that way because he's not a fluid route runner.

Sort of looks like a track guy.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Him and Murray TBH.

Murray doesnt have the greatest stride length (although I'm curious if his trainer helped with that)

Andy seems to overstride a tad, but it probably just seems that way because he's not a fluid route runner.

Sort of looks like a track guy.
Murray appears to be fairly bow legged. He walks like he’s gotta go to the bathroom. . And, yes, Invisibella does run like a duck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn