The real NFL scandal people SHOULD be outraged at

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meanwhile in regular news the NFL, which is a multibillion dollar organization, which until a few weeks ago has yet to pay a single penny in Federal Taxes, has been receiving millions of dollars in taxpayer money to "support" the military. This is the real scandal regarding the NFL that people should be pissed about, not the PSI of footballs.

I am very quickly tiring of the NFL. While the owners may be making record profits, the quality of the product is substantially declining under Roger Goodell, yet they continue to plunder the pockets of their fans and American taxpayers. This may be the first season in over 20 years I don't watch a single game. The NFL has become less about football and more about a being spectacle that just could careless about the quality of the product as long as they are getting paid.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/05/forget_deflategate_heres_the_real_nfl_scandal_di_i.html

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1. It's a business

2. It's a sport.

3. The REAL scandals that people SHOULD be outraged at are in Washington, D.C. Who gives a damn about de-flated footballs ? How is that front page news over the travesty that is our current government and there multiple daily crimes of corruption, oppression and economic global terrorism that they harbor.

Personally I hold our government to a higher standard than a football league. But that is just me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still enjoy the game thoroughly and am looking forward to this season. The NFL itself doesnt pay taxes but the teams do. A lot of multi billion dollar companies abuse the heck out of tax loopholes and offshoring, I am more concerned about that than the politics of the NFL.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see no issue with this or "deflate gate"

People have too much time in their hands clearly

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
People have too much time in their hands clearly

This, from someone who posted this?

attachment.php

Whilethis is going on outside?

You must be registered for see images

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This, from someone who posted this?

attachment.php

Whilethis is going on outside?

You must be registered for see images

I think it's time we acknowledge Shane's contributions to keeping the peace. When's the last time you heard about Cardinals players wreaking havoc while they wait for their plane?

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
You are completely wrong about the failure to pay taxes. This status applied only to the NFL Central Office. Every dollar of income generated through television rights fees, licensing agreements, sponsorships, ticket sales, etc. earned by the 32 clubs is taxable and paid by the teams.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is more frustrating that our government allows the military to spend $5.5 million dollars as a handshake to the NFL to promote the military.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is more frustrating that our government allows the military to spend $5.5 million dollars as a handshake to the NFL to promote the military.

I would hope that the NFL would not charge the military as all the major stations do for advertising. See what I did there?

I truly would hope the NFL would make the big PR move and honor the vets for free but it is there right to charge and let's be honest, it gives most of us a huge sense of pride and it is the best advertising the military gets.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it's time we acknowledge Shane's contributions to keeping the peace. When's the last time you heard about Cardinals players wreaking havoc while they wait for their plane?
Lol!! Well played!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard