The Punisher (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Netflix About to Order a ‘Punisher’ Spinoff Series?

http://collider.com/netflix-marvel-...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Though Jon Bernthal’s Punisher, a.k.a. Frank Castle, hasn’t made his debut on Netflix’s Daredevil yet (the second season premieres in March), apparently the streaming giant has been very happy with his work, and is considering a spinoff series. Neither Marvel nor Netflix have officially commented yet, but Netflix could make an announcement tomorrow at their TCA panel.

:grabs:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Punisher TV Series Officially Coming To Netflix

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/29/the-punisher-tv-series-officially-coming-to-netflix/

Netflix has ordered a new Marvel’s Daredevil spinoff series based on The Punisher. Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Frank Castle.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from Marvel’s Daredevil, said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb, in Marvel’s official statement. “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring Marvel’s The Punisher to Netflix.”

“Jon hooked our global audience with his performance as Frank Castle from the moment he stepped on screen in Marvel’s Daredevil, and we are looking forward to seeing more of him in this role under the vision of Steve Lightfoot,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix Vice President of Original Content.

“For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Steve Lightfoot. “After watching Jon’s performance in Marvel’s Daredevil I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Just finished Daredevil Season 2 (finally) after stalling out around Episode 7. The Punisher series will be interesting, but I wonder if he isn't TV's version of the Hulk.

In a lot of ways, both are forces of nature, which make it difficult for them to evolve as characters. I don't know if he can carry his own story. Maybe he needs to have his arcs through other character stories.

I hope I am wrong, because they absolutely nailed him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished Daredevil Season 2 (finally) after stalling out around Episode 7. The Punisher series will be interesting, but I wonder if he isn't TV's version of the Hulk.

In a lot of ways, both are forces of nature, which make it difficult for them to evolve as characters. I don't know if he can carry his own story. Maybe he needs to have his arcs through other character stories.

I hope I am wrong, because they absolutely nailed him.

Agreed. Plus not sure how "down to earth" they can keep the show if the Punisher is true to the comics and racks up an insane body count. I mean every law enforcement agency would be gunning for him no? Rack up 30 kills and I would have to imagine....someone is calling the Avengers.

This one is going to be tough although I am looking forward to it. Can't wait for this and Luke Cage to drop.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love how Netflix is running with theses types of shows. Best move they have ever made.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love how Netflix is running with theses types of shows. Best move they have ever made.

Made sense for them really. Once the movie channels started running their own series', it opened the door for them to do the same and so far all of their shows have been hits. I only watch Orange is the New Black but overall their shows have been hits.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Made sense for them really. Once the movie channels started running their own series', it opened the door for them to do the same and so far all of their shows have been hits. I only watch Orange is the New Black but overall their shows have been hits.

You haven't watch any of the Marvel, or even Narco series? Your missing out! :D

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double oh yeah!! :koolaid::koolaid: That's how a trailer is done!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Thank goodness for Punisher! It's saving my comic book month, as Thor vastly underwhelmed, and Justice League...*snort*...let's not even go there.

I wondered how they could keep the brutality of Punisher and not go too over-the-top for a whole season. Well, THAT'S how you do it :)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Jason R Moore looks like Adrian Wilson?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just finished episode 10; easily the worst episode thus far.

Still give Series 8.5/10.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Okay, just wrapped it up...this show is not for the squeamish.

Final verdict: 9/10. This is the best show of the Netflix Marvel Universe. I hope Netflix gets to make Season 2...big character set up!

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just finished binging this. Really good. Dark and brutal but not overdone. Can’t wait for season two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson