the "props to Keim" thread

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and I'm not just talking about JJ Watt.

let FA/draft process breathe a bit and this thread will be here for whenever people want to chime in with some props. It's clear that whatever the Cardinals are selling, the players are buying. We are just getting started.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope the players are selling the Cards and we get a few gems from it. Keim needs to hit triple 7s this draft and really set this team up. He is so overdue to have a good draft

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's gonna be some super teams consisting of a whole lot of 1 year deal players that were released due to the cap. As much as I want our team to be built up for a run............others will be signing good players as well. I often get too pumped up when we sign or draft players X,Y & Z that look good on paper only to realize other teams did the same lol. I'm gonna hold my props for SK until I see our interior OL fixed, a #1 CB & #2 WR. Not holding my breath on that but time will tell. A #1 CB will not come in FA imo, that would be too expensive. It's been said that having a strong pass rush will allow a team to play zone. Ok, fair enough but PP21 struggled in zone for the last year & a half when playing it. Young faster WR's run right by him in man coverage because he's a step slow now also.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm just getting in on this thread before it gets locked and moved to the Hall of Fame.

:grabs:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is not like wins and losses matter.

Keim has one playoff win in 8 years and no winning season in 5 years.

You want to keep crowning his bottoms, knock yourself out.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Keim hits a homerun over the offseason and fails at everything else. His drafting is downright terrible and he's leaving this team in cap hell forever because we can't ever rely on rookie salaries to push us over. Our o-line sucks and our secondary is trash and we expect him to fix this during the draft? We're screwed. I'm not even excited for this upcoming season.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim hits a homerun over the offseason and fails at everything else. His drafting is downright terrible and he's leaving this team in cap hell forever because we can't ever rely on rookie salaries to push us over. Our o-line sucks and our secondary is trash and we expect him to fix this during the draft? We're screwed. I'm not even excited for this upcoming season.

:beer::hacker::bang:

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
in Keim's defense, in the past 9 months he has landed WR DeAnde Hopkins and DE JJ Watt. So lets hope this past year is a sign of things to come. That would of a been a major pipe dream one year ago!!

As much as I am in favor of those moves, to be fair, those are more results of an incompetent Texans FO than Keim's competence. With that being said, Keim did beat out probably 31 other teams for Nuk and reportedly at least a dozen others for JJ, so there's credit there for SK as well.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Keim: Cardinals won’t be “drastically limited” in free agency after J.J. Watt signing

Michael Bidwill said signing J.J. Watt already has “raised the energy” around the team, and the Cardinals owner called the addition of the defensive end a “culture changer.” It remains to be seen whether Watt’s presence will entice more free agents to join the Cardinals.

But General Manager Steve Keim said Wednesday that he doesn’t expect the Cardinals to be finished in free agency.

“I don’t think we’re drastically limited,” Keim said after Watt signed a two-year deal worth up to $31 million.

The Cardinals still have $9.422 million under the projected cap, according to spotrac.com.

“That’s why we structured the contract the way we did and the way we have done a number of other things financially,” Keim said, via Darren Urban of the team website. “That’s some of the benefits you have . . . about having a rookie quarterback on his first contract. We have a window in time where we can do some different things and be flexible.

“At the same time, we have to be smart with it and we have to look at the future moving forward and look at the next three years. I always take a different view than a lot of people do.”

The Cardinals have 28 free agents, including cornerback Patrick Peterson, linebacker Haason Reddick and running back Kenyan Drake. Some will return; some won’t.

“Just doing the cost of business and the way things work, some of those players will be able to return,” Keim added. “It depends on what the market is going to present.”

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's time to bring this thread back to life.

For all the hate we've thrown at Keim over the past few years (which was largely deserved), it's time to give him his props.

We know historically speaking that Keim has been awful at drafting, but the truth is he has quietly build a core of young talent through the draft over the last 3 years. Those players include:

-Kyler Murray
-Byron Murphy
-Zach Allen
-Isaiah Simmons
-Josh Jones
-Leki Fotu
-Rashard Lawrence
-Zaven Collins
-Rondale Moore
-Marco Wilson

*I'm not going to include Michael Dogbe, but for a 7th round pick, you gotta love this guy

When you add in some of the recent trade and free agent acquisitions of:

-Deandre Hopkins
-JJ Watt
-Rodney Hudson
-AJ Green
-James Connor

We'll, quite frankly he's been awesome.

Now let's hope he can work his trade magic to bring in a talented TE.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

For all the hate we've thrown at Keim over the past few years (which was largely deserved), it's time to give him his props.

We know historically speaking that Keim has been awful at drafting, but the truth is he has quietly build a core of young talent through the draft over the last 3 years. Those players include:

-Kyler Murray
-Byron Murphy
-Zach Allen
-Isaiah Simmons
-Josh Jones
-Leki Fotu
-Rashard Lawrence
-Zaven Collins
-Rondale Moore
-Marco Wilson

*I'm not going to include Michael Dogbe, but for a 7th round pick, you gotta love this guy

-Deandre Hopkins
-JJ Watt
-Rodney Hudson
-AJ Green
-James Connor

and I would argue that Zach Allen, Josh Jones and Dogbe are the type of draft pick singles and doubles he needs to continue to hit. It isn't that all of his picks need to be superstars but being able to get meaningful snaps is only going to get more important as we transition into the paying big money for a QB world. In that world it becomes less about adding the best talent and more about acquiring players whose productivity exceeds their salary. James Conner is a great example of that.

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

-Kyler Murray
-Byron Murphy
-Zach Allen
-Isaiah Simmons
-Josh Jones
-Leki Fotu
-Rashard Lawrence
-Zaven Collins
-Rondale Moore
-Marco Wilson

-Deandre Hopkins
-JJ Watt
-Rodney Hudson
-AJ Green
-James Connor

and I would argue that Zach Allen, Josh Jones and Dogbe are the type of draft pick singles and doubles he needs to continue to hit. It isn't that all of his picks need to be superstars but being able to get meaningful snaps is only going to get more important as we transition into the paying big money for a QB world. In that world it becomes less about adding the best talent and more about acquiring players whose productivity exceeds their salary. James Conner is a great example of that.
Jalen Thompson needs to be included in the "young core" category too. Otherwise you guys pretty much covered it. Keim has somewhat redeemed himself

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think we will bring in a name at TE. Our mentality seems to be next man up.
Hope the next man can do the job. I’m not to confident in Daniels.
Hope I’m wrong on all counts.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jalen Thompson needs to be included in the "young core" category too. Otherwise you guys pretty much covered it. Keim has somewhat redeemed himself
Jalen was a home run outside of the injuries. What is gong to be tough is when we have to start making difficult decisions on who to keep and it starts next year.

AJ Green
Christian Kirk
Maxx Williams (though that might be done)
Demetrius Harris
Darrell Daniels
Chase Edmonds
James Conner
Max Garcia

A lot of offensive snaps in that group and key roles being played. Going to have to pick and choose a bit because several of those guys will want to get paid.

On defense.

Chandler Jones
Robert Alford
Corey Peters
Dennis Gardeck

Good problems to have but still problems.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t think we will bring in a name at TE. Our mentality seems to be next man up.
Hope the next man can do the job. I’m not to confident in Daniels.
Hope I’m wrong on all counts.
It is either going to be relatively big name or a street FA IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave