The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
1 - you get offended way to easy…
2 - still waiting on that list
3 - the IHKC has been posting absurd expectations and criticism after 2 games..just look at the posts. I don’t think based on the variables I mentioned there is a QB I’m this league that would be successful based on these circumstances.

He made some really bad throws - the McBride one was gross at the end of the game. He looked nervous and threw it in the dirt.. at the same time I didn’t have expectations that it would be all flowers after a year and a further diminished roster. He made some outstanding plays as well from the Rondale throw to the TD run. Things you can’t teach…those things were extremely promising. I do believe he has competent coaches now, just give him a competent roster. Not the best at every position the IHKC will yell, but give him an adequate Oline and a #1 WR
See, your bottom paragraph is pretty well laid out and I wouldn't argue much with it. You usually just go to extremes and refuse to find a middle ground. Anyone who says a word against KM and you're all over them. Case in point, no one thinks he's supposed to excel on this team right now. No one. They just don't want to see his bad tendencies creeping back in. That said, you'll be waiting a long time for this mystery list for the point you've created out of thin air.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's the distortion. No one, and I mean no one, expects Kyler to excel right now. I don't expect him to win any games right now. That would be silly. False hate you're spreading there, man. One encouraging game and one discouraging game for me, merely because he reverted to old habits--not because he didn't excel. We still have plenty of games to watch him this year, too. Nobody is writing him off at this point.
Again, once anyone points out a deficiency they are deemed to be haters. Ugh.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 - you get offended way to easy…
2 - still waiting on that list
3 - the IHKC has been posting absurd expectations and criticism after 2 games..just look at the posts. I don’t think based on the variables I mentioned there is a QB I’m this league that would be successful based on these circumstances.

He made some really bad throws - the McBride one was gross at the end of the game. He looked nervous and threw it in the dirt.. at the same time I didn’t have expectations that it would be all flowers after a year and a further diminished roster. He made some outstanding plays as well from the Rondale throw to the TD run. Things you can’t teach…those things were extremely promising. I do believe he has competent coaches now, just give him a competent roster. Not the best at every position the IHKC will yell, but give him an adequate Oline and a #1 WR

When I asked for some kindness I meant stuff like #1 is highly unnecessary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just as long as Atlanta gives us one of their two QB's, so that we'll have someone to play when the Zach Wilson type QB we draft doesn't cut it.

Thank God, Monti is our GM.

I just can’t Thank God for a GM who in his first year put together a roster that’s on pace for the team’s worst or 2nd worst record ever.

That said, I also won’t destroy him either. He’s firmly in wait and see land for Cheese. Next year the proof will be in the pudding as far as praise or damning is concerned.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just can’t Thank God for a GM who in his first year put together a roster that’s on pace for the team’s worst or 2nd worst record ever.

That said, I also won’t destroy him either. He’s firmly in wait and see land for Cheese. Next year the proof will be in the pudding as far as praise or damning is concerned.
Next year. And that is the reason I have more faith in Monti, than in some of the GM Wannabies on this Board.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next year. And that is the reason I have more faith in Monti, than in some of the GM Wannabies on this Board.
You also had more faith in Steve Keim than a lot of GM Wannabies on the board who knew he was an epic disaster for years.

Regardless of that, THANKING GOD that Monti is better than board members seems like an incredibly low bar to set for him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been saying the Cards need a true #1 WR for a long time. I will certainly make that concession where Kyler is concerned. Not a whole all-star surrounding cast, no, but at least a #1 WR.
D-Hop was a true #1 for as long as he was here... and then Fitz and Boldin before that. If we have been blessed with any position in the past 20 years, it has been WR1.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
D-Hop was a true #1 for as long as he was here... and then Fitz and Boldin before that. If we have been blessed with any position in the past 20 years, it has been WR1.
Eh, bad wording on my part. Very bad wording lol I'm thinking the past year, and typing "long time."

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You also had more faith in Steve Keim than a lot of GM Wannabies on the board who knew he was an epic disaster for years.

Regardless of that, THANKING GOD that Monti is better than board members seems like an incredibly low bar to set for him.
#1-You are right. But it probably was close, considering I read A LOT of bad stuff on this Board of what the team should do.
#2-That was an attempt at sarcasm.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
very curious to know how K1 and Keim got sideways ....

was it before Keim was throwing Murray under the bus anonymously to the press?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only logical explanation for this year is that the team didn't know how Murray was going to be coming off an injury, so they had to roll over money for next year.

I'm not too worried about the record because the circumstances are way different than any other Cardinals team: franchise QB who was going to miss indeterminate amount of time and questions about his effectiveness and personality.
This is where I sit. I like a lot of what Monti did, but it's basically year one next year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
honestly: i think this is one part of Kyler's issues

he is so focused on not making a bad play, he is passing up longer throws in favor of check downs
I think it comes with the territory of learning a new offense, new footwork and how to play within the pocket. They want him to see that it's okay to just take what the defense gives him and live to see another play or fresh set of downs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn