The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Like others have demonstrated, Murray was better at OU than Caleb Williams was last year at USC.

I didn't watch any USC games last year but the stats were pretty close.

You must be registered for see images attach

Baker Mayfield:

Few things to think about:
- Kyler was techinically in his 4th year of college (Caleb was a true Sophomore)
- USC was horrific before Lincoln took over
- Oklahoma was dominating for a long time before/during Kyler
- Therefore I would think that the roster talent and first year system install hurt Caleb's production in comparison to Kyler.

Good news - we get to see what happens this year.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The problem is how can the worst team in the league with a top 5 paid QB and a horrible roster win a championship?

I am rooting for Kyler but heavily tilted toward needing a complete re-build.
The rebuild began already with the draft moves we made this year. If you mean by getting a new QB, we have arguably two shots at that in the draft next year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray is more talented than Caleb Williams, but he has to play this year AND stay healthy. If Kyler comes back as early as it appears he might, the Cardinals record won’t be bad enough to secure Williams anyways. Hard to say what Houston will be like, but I personally don’t think they‘ll be in position either.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to be successful when your QB is pitiful on down field throws and is below average completing passed between the numbers.
Keep this crap out of here. It is called the positive thread for a reason. Next time someone blatantly does this, they will take a break.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree with PACardsFan that Kyler needing to stay healthy may be his biggest obstacle. Plus, his style of play seems to be far more reliant on needing to be close to 100% than some other QBs. Which isn't a good thing in the 2nd half of seasons as we have seen multiple times now.

His attitude coming into this year though seems far more positive, so I'm expecting he will do quite well if he stays healthy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I didn't watch any USC games last year but the stats were pretty close.

Baker Mayfield:

Few things to think about:
- Kyler was techinically in his 4th year of college (Caleb was a true Sophomore)
His second season starting though.
- USC was horrific before Lincoln took over
Most CFB observers would argue USC was under producing based on recruiting classes
- Oklahoma was dominating for a long time before/during Kyler
Sure. Murray was better though.
- Therefore I would think that the roster talent and first year system install hurt Caleb's production in comparison to Kyler.
Caleb followed Riley to USC from Oklahoma. I think most would argue going to the PAC 12 helped Caleb's production not hurt it.
Good news - we get to see what happens this year.
Yep

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think a lot of these negative posts are funny.. what did you expect Kyler to do w Kliffy’s spectrum scheme ? With a cast off of Olineman that would relay on Keanu Reeves to work? With no true#1 for 10 weeks of the season…

- Stafford w out Megatron, how’d he look?
- Josh Allen before an Oline and Diggs.. how’d he look?
-Chargers gave up on Drew Brees.. how’d that turn out?
-how’d Mahomes look with all the weapons in the world and best offensive creative mind I history look w no Oline in the SuperBowl vs TB? (Mind you he lost his Oline on the way to the superbowl w his last 2 pieces getting injured for good in the afc championship)

Hurts looked great bc he had a great Oline, a healthy and bad@ass receiving core, ran through a CREATIVE NFL offensive scheme that kept the defense guessing. You really have to be on the spectrum if you think Hurts has any skill more talented than Kyler as a QB.. leadership? Ok I give you that.. but behind leadership is confidence. With no confidence, good luck having leadership in a league of the largest people on earth. Oh ya.. hurts had a top 3 defense behind all of that too

Grow up people have some sort of realistic expectations l… and grow up mod if you think this is offensive enough to ban. Adults can handle a conversation w out a threat to ban over trivial comments. No one is even using curse words here

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think a lot of these negative posts are funny.. what did you expect Kyler to do w Kliffy’s spectrum scheme ? With a cast off of Olineman that would relay on Keanu Reeves to work? With no true#1 for 10 weeks of the season…

- Stafford w out Megatron, how’d he look?
- Josh Allen before an Oline and Diggs.. how’d he look?
-Chargers gave up on Drew Brees.. how’d that turn out?
-how’d Mahomes look with all the weapons in the world and best offensive creative mind I history look w no Oline in the SuperBowl vs TB? (Mind you he lost his Oline on the way to the superbowl w his last 2 pieces getting injured for good in the afc championship)

Hurts looked great bc he had a great Oline, a healthy and bad@ass receiving core, ran through a CREATIVE NFL offensive scheme that kept the defense guessing. You really have to be on the spectrum if you think Hurts has any skill more talented than Kyler as a QB.. leadership? Ok I give you that.. but behind leadership is confidence. With no confidence, good luck having leadership in a league of the largest people on earth. Oh ya.. hurts had a top 3 defense behind all of that too

Grow up people have some sort of realistic expectations l… and grow up mod if you think this is offensive enough to ban. Adults can handle a conversation w out a threat to ban over trivial comments. No one is even using curse words here
Why are you started a fight--with a mod, no less--when no one really wants to fight?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone is upset about the banning they earned? How cute.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the Kyler/Williams comparison, and I don't know the answer, who played in the tougher Conference? Or are the Conferences about even? I do know that the SEC is considered the best.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard