Murray discussion removed from the Nick Bosa injury thread

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Listen, I know Kyler is fast, but Krang and I are having multiple arguments across threads, haha. If he’s going to argue that Kurt Warner’s height estimation is more important than the combine measurement, or that we can trust Kyler runs a 4.3 even though it hasn’t been measured, I’m gonna give him a hard time for saying we can’t trust reporters or the official website for saying we tried to get Kirk Cousins.

I know you’re not following my every post, so just explaining.
Hey, I support Murray realizing his skill... but still do not think he's 5-10 lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the Perfect Storm. It's really difficult for NFL prognosticators to gauge exactly what KM will produce, because the NFL hasn't seen a skill set like his before. He's even different than Wilson was coming out of college. It's understandable that rookie QB's, no matter how talented, struggle a little coming out of the gate in the NFL. If Murray were drafted by a team in a traditional offensive system, then it might take a little time for that team to truly understand how to use him. That won't be the case with the Cardinals. If the Cardinals didn't have the 1st pick, I'm not 100% sold that we would have hired KK. With KM sitting in our lap, the Cardinals did their homework & saw that KM/KK was a marriage made in heaven. KK will make the NFL transition for KM much, much simpler. He's putting together an offense that Murray can run to perfection in his sleep. Not to say that he won't make some mistakes. I'm sure he will. But what makes KM special will be put on display from day 1. We're a cursed franchise. Unfortunately, I do believe that. But, this may be the time when even a traditionally cursed franchise has their moment in the sun. Older fans like myself deserve to sit back and enjoy every second of this. Younger fans will gravitate to KM & the Cardinals will be the talk of the town. Not just in AZ, but across the entire NFL landscape.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
"Reportedly." (I'm just giving Krang a hard time from another discussion where he claims the Cardinals didn't pursue Kirk Cousins. Again, I think the kid is plenty fast.)

Kyler Murray is the Perfect Storm. It's really difficult for NFL prognosticators to gauge exactly what KM will produce, because the NFL hasn't seen a skill set like his before. He's even different than Wilson was coming out of college. It's understandable that rookie QB's, no matter how talented, struggle a little coming out of the gate in the NFL. If Murray were drafted by a team in a traditional offensive system, then it might take a little time for that team to truly understand how to use him. That won't be the case with the Cardinals. If the Cardinals didn't have the 1st pick, I'm not 100% sold that we would have hired KK. With KM sitting in our lap, the Cardinals did their homework & saw that KM/KK was a marriage made in heaven. KK will make the NFL transition for KM much, much simpler. He's putting together an offense that Murray can run to perfection in his sleep. Not to say that he won't make some mistakes. I'm sure he will. But what makes KM special will be put on display from day 1. We're a cursed franchise. Unfortunately, I do believe that. But, this may be the time when even a traditionally cursed franchise has their moment in the sun. Older fans like myself deserve to sit back and enjoy every second of this. Younger fans will gravitate to KM & the Cardinals will be the talk of the town. Not just in AZ, but across the entire NFL landscape.
Dude, you're 61. You're not even eligible to qualify for Medicare. Why do you post about being an older fan like you have one year to go?

Just a word to the wise, even if Kyler is amazing, he's probably not taking us to a Super Bowl win in his rookie deal. Only two players in the past 20 years have done that, and frankly, each one was dragged there on the back of a solid running game and defense. (Ravens and Seahawks.)

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Well I was about to jump into the Murray debate in a Nick Bosa thread of all places because that’s what this message board has devolved into since Murray declared for the draft.

I am/was in the Rosen/Q Williams camp but being a Cardinal fan I will be hoping Murray crushes it (in a good way) in the NFL.

I don’t doubt his talent. My concern is that he is going from playing behind one of the best college offensive lines to one of the worst in the NFL. How will he handle the colossal change in talent? Will he get hurt? Will he run back to the MLB when things get rough?

Frankly we’ve only had a few good seasons since the Air Coryell days with Warner and Palmer.

Expecting the worst is natural being a Cardinals fan. It doesn’t mean that I don’t want Murray to succeed. I think he’s very talented. I am just a realist when it comes to the talent surrounding him.

This O Line scares me. I predicted in another thread that we will have at least 3 starting O Linemen go on IR this year cuz that’s just the way we roll here in AZ. If/when that happens I fear for Murray’s health and the success of this team. History shows that the few fleeting seasons we were actually good since the Coryell days is when we had good offensive lines.

Ok now back to Bosa and his hammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm absolutely with ya about the O line it's very very shaky at best wish they would have devoted at least another draft pick towards it myself

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You trust Kurt Warner more than his official Combine measurement? Then I can say that I trust Kyler is shorter than 5’10 because I heard it on the Orange Bowl broadcast?

I thought you believed in things that are “True,” and not those dastardly rumors from reporters. :billthecat:

You suck at research and debate.

Warner never went to the combine.

These are words right from the horse's mouth, not third hand speculation.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
"Reportedly." (I'm just giving Krang a hard time from another discussion where he claims the Cardinals didn't pursue Kirk Cousins. Again, I think the kid is plenty fast.)

Dude, you're 61. You're not even eligible to qualify for Medicare. Why do you post about being an older fan like you have one year to go?

Just a word to the wise, even if Kyler is amazing, he's probably not taking us to a Super Bowl win in his rookie deal. Only two players in the past 20 years have done that, and frankly, each one was dragged there on the back of a solid running game and defense. (Ravens and Seahawks.)

So you are just being a douche.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You suck at research and debate.

Warner never went to the combine.

These are words right from the horse's mouth, not third hand speculation.
Maybe I just read it wrong, but you replied to someone talking about Manziel's height and then you mentioned what Kurt Warner said he was?

I read your post as you saying that Manziel's reported height in the words of Kurt Warner were different than the combine measurement. Or are you simply saying Kurt said he himself was 6'1+?

So you are just being a douche.
Not really. It's banter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe I just read it wrong, but you replied to someone talking about Manziel's height and then you mentioned what Kurt Warner said he was?

I read your post as you saying that Manziel's reported height in the words of Kurt Warner were different than the combine measurement. Or are you simply saying Kurt said he himself was 6'1+?

Not really. It's banter.

I'm saying Kurt Warner said he is 6'1.5.