the Patriots are signing QB Ryan Lindley

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If Matt Flynn getting cut in favor of Ryan Lindley isn't an indication one should change careers, I don't know what is.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ryan Lindley will either become a good QB, or the Patriots will trade him for a draft pick. Maybe to Arizona.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A few years ago that might have been a distinct possibility.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Camp arm, nothing more. NFW he makes the final 53.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relax everyone, the Patriots need new ball boys after firing the old ones.

jeeperaz

Rookie
Reaction score
Flynn has a hammy. They need someone to play preseason games. Once Flynn is healthy, Lindley will be cut and Flynn resigned.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
FWIW, New England tends to love these big-armed statues. Ryan Mallett was there forever despite not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was just cut in favor of Ryan Lindley.

So I guess you are saying there are worse NFL QBs than Lindley. :shock:

I thought Flynn might only be temporarily out with a hamstring injury.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'll probably bring him back once he's healed up, they just need a body for preseason games and Lindley, if nothing else, does have NFL game experience.

However, couldn't the Cardinals go after him if he is better than what they have? I'm not saying the Cardinals should sign Flynn but if he were indeed better than LT or Sims, wouldn't they have the option since he was released by the Patriots.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
However, couldn't the Cardinals go after him if he is better than what they have? I'm not saying the Cardinals should sign Flynn but if he were indeed better than LT or Sims, wouldn't they have the option since he was released by the Patriots.

Why? He's not better than Stanton and everyone knows what Matt Flynn is. A flash in the pan 1 game wonder who hasn't done anything when given a chance. So why bother to have a guy who has already been developed versus a rookie or a second year guy who is still learning?

Flynn flunked his way out of Seattle, Oakland, Green Bay part 2, and now perhaps in New England. If Brady's suspension is eliminated or Garoppolo plays ok, they may not keep more than 2 QBs anyway.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watch the Patriots starter get injured later in the season and Lindley come in and lead the Pats to a SB win. Wouldn't that be ironic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose