The Orville (Hulu, was Fox)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Emmy Award-winning executive producer and creator Seth MacFarlane (FAMILY GUY, “Ted”) and directed by Jon Favreau (“The Jungle Book,” “Iron Man”), THE ORVILLE is a one-hour science fiction series set 400 years in the future that follows the adventures of the U.S.S. Orville, a mid-level exploratory vessel. Its crew, both human and alien, faces the wonders and dangers of outer space, while also dealing with the familiar, often humorous problems of regular people in a workplace…even though some of those people are from other planets, and the workplace is a faster-than-light spaceship.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The pilot last week was okay... not great but not horrible....will give it a few weeks

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looked like a twilight zone episode with a scene not going to say though to give it away.

Some funny scenes but expected type humor with seth.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Word I'm hearing (haven't seen last night's ep yet) that the 2nd episode is worse than the 1st, but the 3rd is better than both.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Word I'm hearing (haven't seen last night's ep yet) that the 2nd episode is worse than the 1st, but the 3rd is better than both.
the second already loses in my house....football game went over and I lost half the episode on the dvr, lol

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not beenSeth at his best so far, but it's still Seth. Looking forward to episode 3 on Thursday. It DOES have some pretty funny stuff.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It'll bomb, but I liked it. It's mindless TV for an hour.

It also has Halston Sage, so between her and Palicki.. works for me

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mildly liking this so far but it has to get better.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
man that first episode was a letdown. I was excited for this show but that was really not good. I already know that episode 2 is going to be even worse. I think episode 3 is the last chance for me.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought that 3rd episode was great. They kindof got all the sillyness out of the way for an episode and took on a very complicated issue in a very unconventional way, with a very unexpected ending.

I like it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought that 3rd episode was great. They kindof got all the sillyness out of the way for an episode and took on a very complicated issue in a very unconventional way, with a very unexpected ending.

I like it.
I agree, but they still are channeling Star Trek The Next Generation. Right down to the opening credits.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
is this getting any better?

It's still treading a fine line. Science fiction lovers won't find it science fiction-y enough, people looking for comedy won't find it funny enough.
I'm entertained by it, but 44 minutes might be stretching it.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree, but they still are channeling Star Trek The Next Generation. Right down to the opening credits.

Agree, it feels like a shot by shot remake at times lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like it.

This was a fantastic episode but in that lies the problem. That episode was so out of tone with the first two I feel like the show is struggling for it's voice. I feel sort of like a ping pong ball going back and forth between a comedy and legit social commentary a la Star Trek.

I thought the 3rd episode was good. I am just wondering where the tone of the show lands.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
am I the only one still watching this?? It has gotten better as the season progressed.
watching last night it struck my mind that little bat ears security chick is pretty effin hot.... kinda felt bad for that..
but then I googled the chick.
yeah.
right on.
she is hot.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
am I the only one still watching this?? It has gotten better as the season progressed.
watching last night it struck my mind that little bat ears security chick is pretty effin hot.... kinda felt bad for that..
but then I googled the chick.
yeah.
right on.
she is hot.

This show is underrated IMO. It has a Star Trek feel but feels less sterile if you know what I mean. Imagine if sarcasm and today's sense of humor carries over into the future. That's what this is.

I love the show.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the Orville remind anyone else of a toilet someone forgot and left the seat up on?

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's still treading a fine line. Science fiction lovers won't find it science fiction-y enough, people looking for comedy won't find it funny enough.
I'm entertained by it, but 44 minutes might be stretching it.
Most people that I know that are sci fi fans or trekkies love it. I didn't get it but I can't judge I don't think I'm the intended audience.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave