The Official US Soccer thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I dig the blue one but not as much as the one they wore in the last WC (the one with the red horizontal stripe). Not so much of a fan of the white one, but I think it looks a lot better than the fugly white jersey they wear right now.

I couldn't agree with you more. I refused to buy that terrible home jersey...I did buy the away jersey though.

I liked this jersey from 2006
You must be registered for see images attach

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah those look pretty hideous.

You must be registered for see images

^No nonsense, colors and crest.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love the current one (although I love all the shirts). The current one doesn't look as good on the hanger but looks great when worn.

These new ones have given me a little sex wee though. Love it.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Goalkeepers- Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan
Defenders- Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Spector, Jay DeMerit, Clarence Goodson, Jonathan Bornstein, Heath Pearce, Chad Marshall
Midfielders- Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley, Stuart Holden, Ricardo Clark, Maurice Edu, Benny Feilhaber, Jose Francisco Torres, Alejandro Bedoya, DaMarcus Beasley, Sacha Kljestan, Robbie Rogers
Forwards- Jozy Altidore, Robbie Findley, Brian Ching, Edson Buddle, Eddie Johnson, Herculez Gomez

Go Herculez!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No Charlie Davies, but I love the addition of Edson Buddle, who right now is the best American striker playing regular minutes.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would drop - Goodson, Marshall, Kljestan, Findley, Ching & Rogers. Not sure about the last player to let go.

Shame that Davies couldn't get back in time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I would drop - Goodson, Marshall, Kljestan, Findley, Ching & Rogers. Not sure about the last player to let go.

I guess between Ching and Eddie Johnson you gotta go with the worst of two evils, Ching. :D

I think EJ's good play recently is an exception to the rule.

You'd want to keep Demarcus? The guy has shown nothing in years.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
No Charlie Davies, but I love the addition of Edson Buddle, who right now is the best American striker playing regular minutes.

I feel sorry for Davies. he worked hard coming back to training w/ his club but the coach has to make the decision on guys who are most ready to contribute.

I hope both Buddle & Gomez make the team with Altidore(Gomez can even play MF in an emergency)...I don't want to see Ching or Findley, Ching hasn't been fit and is coming off a hamstring injury and Findley has been terrible for RSL...believe it or not I would rather see Eddie Johnson.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Add Beasley to that "drop" list and it matches mine...although I am not a fan of Clark or Bornstein I can see them both having a role on this squad.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wait--is this the WC roster or just the camp invitees? Is it 100 percent certain that Davies won't be there?

Ugh. In my opinion we have one viable striker out of the whole bunch. Yikes!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Wait--is this the WC roster or just the camp invitees? Is it 100 percent certain that Davies won't be there?

That is the 30 player preliminary roster that was turned in to FIFA, the 23 will be selected from that list...so no Davies. We are gonna have to be hopeful that Dempsey or Donovan can be effective as a striker or our offense is in serious trouble.

To think Brazil is good enough to not take Ronaldinho, Adriano, Pato or Diego. I hope someday the US can develop depth like that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We are gonna have to be hopeful that Dempsey or Donovan can be effective as a striker or our offense is in serious trouble.

It'll almost assuredly have to be Dempsey, as Donovan has shown to be much more effective in the build up. Just such a shame what ended up happening to Davies...he was one of the few legitimate offensive threats we had, and his blazing speed paired up nicely with the strength of Altidore.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You've got to be kidding. I'm assuming your "one viable striker" is Jozy. What is wrong with Buddle, who again, is probably currently the best American striker in the world. Not saying he holds that title all the time, just right now--and World Cup time is a good time to be peaking.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding. I'm assuming your "one viable striker" is Jozy. What is wrong with Buddle, who again, is probably currently the best American striker in the world. Not saying he holds that title all the time, just right now--and World Cup time is a good time to be peaking.

I just can't trust Bradley to select him to the final 23 let alone let him get any significant playing time...same goes for Gomez. Bradley LOVES Brian Ching

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Add Beasley to that "drop" list and it matches mine...although I am not a fan of Clark or Bornstein I can see them both having a role on this squad.
The only reason i'd like to take Beasley is that i'm holding out hope he could pull something special out the bag. If i'm going with my heart i'd take him, head -probably not.