The Official PAC-10 Tourney Thread..

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
ASU v. USC in the finals...man that ASU game was so much fun to watch...and I totally agree about Overton...I was watching this game with some people and about 5-6min. before that scuffle broke out, I said if Overton keeps doing what he's doing, he's gonna catch an elbow to the face....sure enough (not quite an elbow but you know).

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
honestly i feel the ncaa should watch that game and suspend overton for the first game of NCAA. he was instigating everything and acting like a victim. not mention the gang sign he threw up at the end of the first scuffle.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UCLA lost. Ah, the joy of ASU's win is augmented by seeing the Bruins lose badly. Life is good right now.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just wanted to wish the Devils luck today against USC. Even though I am a UofA alum, I will be pulling for ASU for two reasons. One, I do not like any LA schools. Two, if USC loses the UofA will still have somewhat a chance at getting an invite.

By the way, Overton has to be the biggest a$$ in the Pac-10. He's been a punk, running his mouth to the UofA players when Washington played Arizona. One day someone is going to put him in his place.

HooverDam

Reaction score
ASUs offense is off to a rare nice start. This is such a different team when both Ty and Rik are playing and shooting well. It looks like Ty may finally be getting out of his slump, and at just the right time :D

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
very nice first half! keep it going, i dont want a sweat game last yesterday.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Harden showing the world he can play the 1, 2, or 3 spots in the pros.

They will come at us hard the 2nd half because they are so athletic and they are on a roll, just like we are. The role players must continue to play well.

Go Devils.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The officials have let USC back in the game.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
watching the refs allow hacking of Harden reminds me of the hacking they allow with Nash. these guys have earned these calls. Hell you should call it when a walk on gets mugged like that.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the first time I have rooted for an ASU basketball team and it's frustrating watching the refs favor USC. I wouldn't expect anything less from the Pac-10 refs.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
well, ******** against USC in the pac-10 tourney again. who saw this coming?

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only silver lining is the Devils won't have to deal with USC refs in the tournament...

I mean seriously I think it was prolly the WORST officiated game I have seen in a long time... maybe dating back a year ago when the USC refs showed up again....

Just SICKENING....

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sigh well that was a bs loss for asu :( damn aww well atleast we won two games in the tournament, we should still get a pretty good seeding in the tournament right?

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
so aggravating! ASU should still be a 5 seed in my book..6 at the worst.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs did not lose this for us. USC took it when we missed too many makable shots in the 2nd half. No need to whine. This was a home game for USC and we almost won it anyway.

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
Wow... ASU was actually able to screw UofA twice in one week! USC is now off the bubble (and probably so are the Cats, but going the wrong way)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cheese and i were at the game. this marks the third event we've had to walk out of while the other team was on the championship podium getting their awards ('96 rose bowl, superbowl, and now this).

that said, this was really NOT a home usc game. the crowd was sparse and the asu section was actually more vocal than was the usc crowd, which didn't really show up until the final minute of the game.

and while we did think the refs let the usc ballers get away with a TON of contact it was coaching that lost this game. at the beginning of the second half in particular. i don't understand how herb could not prepare this team to break the press. they looked helpless. and worse than that, even when they got a little more comfortable breaking the press (after they already allowed usc back into the game), they didn't make 'em pay for pressing. they routinely backed off. and while i understand that herb has a deliberate offense and doesn't want to get in a running game with the trojans, the best way to make a bothersome press back off is to burn it. when you've got 3 on 2 you take advantage. particularly against an opponent who has a defender in hackett that does a superb job on harden, effectively shutting down the only true offensive threat asu has (which became even more abundantly evident at the end of the game when they all keyed on harden and he repeatedly forced very ill conceived shots).

that said, this asu team will likely end up a 6 seed. if harden is as good as touted (and honestly, i love his bball IQ, but don't think he's a transcendent talent like wade was at marquette) he should carry the asu team past an 11 seed. but more likely this asu team looks ripe for an upset in the opening round of the tournament. and then this program lies fallow b/c losing harden and pendergraph is a deathblow. there is a serious dearth of talent behind those two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort