The official "Hey, Kate - it's another sequel!" thread

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor Kate. Waiting so anxiously for X-Files 2 while Hollywood marches sequel after sequel to the theaters...

:|

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

:(

i hate chris(t) carter.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Butterfly Effect 2 Flutters Forward
Source: Variety
March 21, 2005

FilmEngine has approved a pitch for a sequel to The Butterfly Effect, the 2004 New Line hit that studio plans to distribute, reports Variety.

The movie will have all new characters, meaning the original's star, Ashton Kutcher, is not expected to be involved. The film is on a fast track, with casting set to start as soon as a script is delivered. Producers hope to start shooting by the fall.

John Leonetti, who directed Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, has been tapped to helm from a script being written by Michael Weiss.

The story will follow a new character who, like Kutcher in the first, finds he can travel through time. As he changes past events, though, they have unexpected consequences in the present.

--------------------------------------------

Sounds like STV to me... :shrug:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two Arrive at Their Final Destination 3
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 20, 2005

Ryan Merriman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead will star in Cheating Death: Final Destination 3, New Line Cinema's latest installment of the popular horror series, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The story is set six years after the events of the first movie and centers on a high school senior who has a premonition of a fatal amusement-park accident involving her and her friends. When the premonition becomes a reality, those who survive are forced to deal with the repercussions of "cheating death."

James Wong, who directed 2000's Final Destination, is back in the director's chair.

Both Merriman and Winstead can currently be seen in theaters in The Ring Two.

------------------------------------------------

Kate's gotta love this. Can't get a second X-Files, but we can get a third Final Destination. :D

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Two Arrive at Their Final Destination 3
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 20, 2005

Ryan Merriman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead will star in Cheating Death: Final Destination 3, New Line Cinema's latest installment of the popular horror series, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The story is set six years after the events of the first movie and centers on a high school senior who has a premonition of a fatal amusement-park accident involving her and her friends. When the premonition becomes a reality, those who survive are forced to deal with the repercussions of "cheating death."

James Wong, who directed 2000's Final Destination, is back in the director's chair.

Both Merriman and Winstead can currently be seen in theaters in The Ring Two.

------------------------------------------------

Kate's gotta love this. Can't get a second X-Files, but we can get a third Final Destination. :D

JAMES WONG WROTE FOR THE X-FILES FOR A COUPLA YEARS!!!

:hammer:

his partner in crime, glen morgan also penned the first final destination with wong.

:hammer:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to all of the Marvel sequels. :raccoon:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Poor Kate. Waiting so anxiously for X-Files 2 while Hollywood marches sequel after sequel to the theaters...

Even "Bring it On" had a sequel.

:biglaugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Kate - has anyone brought up these titles recently? :shrug: :D

Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Shrek 3 and 4
Toy Story 3 and 4
Pirates 2 and 3
The Santa Clause 3
Saw 2
Ice Age 2
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
Big Momma's House 2
Die Hard 4.0
Underworld 2
Clerks 2 (Passion of the Clerks)
The Grudge 2
Mission Impossible 3
Resident Evil 3

Not to mention the next Bourne movie...Superman movie...Batman movie...Riddick movie...Bond movie...Harry Potter movie...etc... :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I fail to mention a little film called Star Wars: Ep III...??

:jedi:

:D

:stillnox-files2:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yer killin me, BIM... killin me!!!

:criesinthecorner:

ps - answer your PM

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting sad...

Garfield 2 is in the works for a Summer 2006 release.

:eek:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Hey, Kate - has anyone brought up these titles recently? :shrug: :D

Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Shrek 3 and 4
Toy Story 3 and 4
Pirates 2 and 3
The Santa Clause 3
Saw 2
Ice Age 2
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
Big Momma's House 2
Die Hard 4.0
Underworld 2
Clerks 2 (Passion of the Clerks)
The Grudge 2
Mission Impossible 3
Resident Evil 3

Not to mention the next Bourne movie...Superman movie...Batman movie...Riddick movie...Bond movie...Harry Potter movie...etc... :D

you failed to mention Indiana Jones 4. :D

shawn

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeLoach Logs onto The Net 2.0
Source: Moviehole
April 20, 2005

North Shore star Nikki DeLoach will topline The Net 2.0, the Sandra Bullock-less sequel currently filming in Istanbul, Turkey.

DeLoach plays Hope Cassidy, a young computer systems analyst who is thrown into turmoil when, after arriving in Istanbul to start a new job, she finds her credit cards useless, her bank account empty, and her identity stolen.

Keegan Connor Tracy (Jake 2.0) and Neil Hopkins (Lost) also star in the Charles Winkler-directed film.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
DeLoach Logs onto The Net 2.0
Source: Moviehole
April 20, 2005

North Shore star Nikki DeLoach will topline The Net 2.0, the Sandra Bullock-less sequel currently filming in Istanbul, Turkey.

DeLoach plays Hope Cassidy, a young computer systems analyst who is thrown into turmoil when, after arriving in Istanbul to start a new job, she finds her credit cards useless, her bank account empty, and her identity stolen.

Keegan Connor Tracy (Jake 2.0) and Neil Hopkins (Lost) also star in the Charles Winkler-directed film.

Don't worry--this has "direct to video" written ALL over it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great news day for sequels, Kate.

First, I heard that Jennifer Lopez and Richard Gere may do Shall We Dance? 2 ... and now this - - -

Ringwald Mulls 'Sixteen Candles' Sequel
Monday June 6, 2005

Could it be time to put more candles on the cake? Molly Ringwald said she's in discussions to make a sequel to "Sixteen Candles," the 1984 movie about the obstacles and embarrassments a teen girl faces on her birthday.

The film, directed by John Hughes, shot Ringwald to teen stardom, but she hasn't appeared in a major role in many years. She said she's been appearing in theater, small TV and film parts and raising a daughter, now 18 months old.

Ringwald, 37, said she had been approached repeatedly about doing a sequel, but recently read a script that she liked and wanted to star in the movie.

"I've turned it down for years. I couldn't see how it would work," she said. "Now, it seems right."

Ringwald was reunited at the MTV Movie Awards on Saturday with Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy and Paul Gleason, three of her co-stars in 1985's "The Breakfast Club" directed by John Hughes.

Judd Nelson and Emilio Estevez didn't show.

"They're in Africa with Dave Chappelle," Hall joked.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Third I Still Know Installment Coming
Source: Filmjerk
July 6, 2005

Filmjerk has learned that Sony's Screen Gems is moving forward on the third installment in the "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" franchise, sans Jennifer Love Hewitt and Freddie Prinze Jr. Titled I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer, the film is expected to hit theaters in the fall of 2006. Here's how the site describes the story:

Four teens from a small Colorado town will be victimized by a phantom menace one year after a July Fourth prank gone awry kills one of their buddies. Against the protestation of one of them, the group agree to keep this secret, only to find their friendships torn apart from the strain. The next Independence Day, just before the town's annual carnival, the four receive intimidating communiqués indicating someone is aware of what happened before. The group suspect the cousin of the dead friend, only to discover they are very much on the wrong track. Can the friends survive and figure out the identity of their tormentor before they end up dead themselves?

Filming will begin in Utah at the end of August, under the direction of helmer Damon Santostefano (Three to Tango), from a script by Michael Weiss.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm crying bitter tears, dont you worry!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave