The Official Derek Anderson Dump Thread

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Hall "MIGHT" have the ability to read defenses and recievers routes.DA is DONE in that area along with throwing VERY INACCURATE passes.

Warner could read defenses and check from reciever to reciever.DA has NONE of those skills and we should have lost today and will continue to lose until we get a QB that can read defenses more than DA and throw to the "OPEN" man.Its harder than it looks yet DA is so tall and can take the hits is all he has going for him.

Now CARDINALS fans will begin to appreciate what Kurt Warner really did for us and especially on third downs after a penalty He'd still find the right guy,to make the first down.

Not just throw it to anyone to complete a pass 8 yards short of a first down...3RD cown completions for FIRST DOWNS is what we miss the VERY MOST!!!!!!!!!MAKE DRIVES MOVE!!!!

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't there like 10 threads saying the same thing that DA (pronounced duh) is terrible.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure we need another reply saying "Do we really need another DA is terrible thread?"

:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Now it all makes sense. The football gods owe us big time. I hope we cash in and ride the football gods all the way to the superbowl. I just hope we get rid of DA along the way.

Well we already cashed in once. Playoffs 2008/2009. But if they really want to pay us back DA hits his thumb on a helmet and misses the rest of the season.

4.9 ypa that's terrible.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
What would a Sunday be without the hate Anderson crowd. He played lousy but not nearly as lousy as some of our guys. Chalk up another win for Anderson dude.

First off John let me start off by saying how much I respect and HONOR you as a hero who served our country and seeing you are from Arkansas where that Giant QB could have beaten the NO.1 team in BAMA if he would have truly thrown those two passes away instead of close enough to the field to be intercepted.

How heartbreaking for a kid who could have kicked off a Heisman trophy season.I think a couple others in Luck from Stanford have better qb heads on their bodies but the intangibles of Malletts height and arm speed and depth if only he worked more on his NFL footwork now.It affects his passes so much.I was pulling for him and I also appreciate the 2 RB's from Bama who will both be BELLCOWS in the NFL.

D.Anderson has not progressed one inch this season from pre-season and he isn't worth the continued wasted effort our coaches will spend with him as we make a trade or bring in Charlie Batch once he's released.I'd even bring in Garcia right now as he has the skills to read defenses.Anderson shold not have a W by his name today and won't have another this season unless he is playing in the Panther game we have a shot in.

The Future is now and I'm making phone calls or working Hall after practice with coach Miller till the bye week and through it.Its embarrassing the steelers have 5 QB's and we don't have one and did'nt spend any money to invest in a McNabb or many others we had a shot at.We could have gotten the backup the seahags now have with a few more dollars offered.

Too much talent on this CARDINALS team to have Fitzgerald wasted along with the rest.Sorry man ,no offense.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
DA should not throw too many long passes. He's got the arm, but just is not consistent at all on the long ones.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Glad we got the win, but it was only because Oakland went into the game with a few less toes than we have.

I don't see anything from DA to lead me to think he will be more than a stop-gap to anybody else. To me, he's not the QB of the AZ Cardinals... he's the QB of the "Same Old Cardinals".

If we lose the next two games (which I have NO faith that we will be competitive in either) I don't see how Whiz can avoid switching to Hall. Personally, I'd rather see the rookie at least get some game time before the bye so he's not completely wide-eyed when he finally does get his first start.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would a Sunday be without the hate Anderson crowd. He played lousy but not nearly as lousy as some of our guys. Chalk up another win for Anderson dude.

Who played worse? Roberts? A rookie from Citadel?

Ok. Who else?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any hope for DA was lost when he tired a second ill advised shovel pass after the fist one was intercepted. It takes a special kind of stupid to do that.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Any hope for DA was lost when he tired a second ill advised shovel pass after the fist one was intercepted. It takes a special kind of stupid to do that.

The Snake...

and I would take 10 of him over DA

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is time to seriously consider some UFL QBs when their season wraps up. Culpepper or McCown could get us to the playoffs.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2010 Cards with Anderson: 2-1

2010 Cards "with Leinart" : 2-1

We still would have lost to Atlanta and beaten the Rams and Raiders with Matt, so it is a tie at this point. :D

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.9 yards per attempt passing and still won. That is unreal. But we won because the football gods owed us. After all these years we finally got one back.

Better than Kyle and the Broncos...in their loss...

Kyle Orton threw for a career-best 476 yards on 37-of-57 passing and the Broncos outgained the Colts (2-1) by more than 100 yards, but lost 27-13.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better than Kyle and the Broncos...in their loss...

Kyle Orton threw for a career-best 476 yards on 37-of-57 passing and the Broncos outgained the Colts (2-1) by more than 100 yards, but lost 27-13.

HUH?

8.6 ypa is better than 4.9. Unless this is the new maths.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson