The Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Add the Niners make a huge reach to get a 3rd round Safety. Did they really want Bucanon?? This makes me feel better about our pick now

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Fwiw, jax had a 4th round grade on Buchanan. Joke of a pick

The same group of rocket scientists that took Bortles at #3 with Atlanta hot for the trade up?

Don't think I am going to listen to that mess.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Another funny one...

trey wingo @wingoz
Deone Buchannon didn't make his Varsity HS football team until junior year. Lettered in golf 4 straight years.. Arizona makes perfect sense

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Just got to believe there will be some solid secondary picks available in later rounds. Not sure you will be able to get a Timmy Jernigan, Rashede Hageman, Louis Nix, Stephon Tuitt, etc. in the second. Could have picked one of those big guys and still got Buchannon in the second or third. This is the kind of thing that hurts a franchise 2-3 years later, not immediately. IMO Keim was betting against himself on that pick. Remember Adrian Wilson was a third round pick, not a first rounder.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, like I said pages ago, at that point, if we could've traded back that would've been the move. It's not at all crazy to think we could've traded and gotten him with even our second second round pick.

Not that we'll ever know.

Looks to me like the Niners would have grabbed him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fwiw, jax had a 4th round grade on Buchanan. Joke of a pick

That's why Jacksonville has a joke of a scouting department Jesus when was the last time they actually hit on a first round pick.

I think ill trust the Cardinals front office on this one

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This:

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks
SEA, SF and AZ are using same model for safety position…1 big/physical banger, 1 athletic FS that can also play in the slot.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
The same group of rocket scientists that took Bortles at #3 with Atlanta hot for the trade up?

I am shocked that anyone that watched the film would feel Bortles wasn't the top quarterback. What is so surprising that the number one quarterback with no weaknesses in their game was picked at number 3? Many years he would be first overall.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got to believe there will be some solid secondary picks available in later rounds. Not sure you will be able to get a Timmy Jernigan, Rashede Hageman, Louis Nix, Stephon Tuitt, etc. in the second. Could have picked one of those big guys and still got Buchannon in the second or third. This is the kind of thing that hurts a franchise 2-3 years later, not immediately. IMO Keim was betting against himself on that pick. Remember Adrian Wilson was a third round pick, not a first rounder.

You actually think Bucannon would have got past the Niners given their pickz? C'mon man!

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
FYI:

This is why I love our scouting staff.

Darren Urban @Cardschatter
Arians said he felt bad for Derek Carr, who some had "attached" to Cards. Cards came on clock but "that wasn't gonna happen." #CardsDraft

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Ya they also had Manziel going #2 and us taking a WR.

I couldn't care less just because they said it doesn't make it so.

If this kid had played the exact same way but had gone to Alabama he would have been rated much higher by the "experts"

Good pic

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It takes almost zero time for some fans to forget all the good and go darkside.

BA cracks me up, thanks for the quote Dr Jones.

What the Jags like in a player/DB might work great for them but not what the Cards need or visa versa. Don't care if the Jags had a 4th rd grade on him, well not enough to call the Bucannon pick a joke. I think SK has done enough good things for us to cut him some slack.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So how many people are losing the QB Draft Avatar Bet? I think the O/U was at 3.5 and their will only be 3.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard