The Office (Season 5) (spoilers)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting how the new guy is really becoming a villain, and yet he's doing by acting like a REAL boss. A good example of wanting to NOT see reality in sitcoms. :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting how the new guy is really becoming a villain, and yet he's doing by acting like a REAL boss. A good example of wanting to NOT see reality in sitcoms. :)

I've met a few real bosses in my life, and they were about as popular as that guy. I think it's great how they've set Michael up to actually be an effective boss. LOL I never would've arrived at that conclusion without these episodes. Loved the way they turned it back on Jim, too. Nobody's getting a free ride.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
No episode last night. New episode airs next week though.

If you are talking about last week, the jist is Michael is starting the Michael Scott Paper Company with zero plans, money, or anything most people would have when starting a business. He had his Jerry Maguire "who's coming with me" moment which nobody went for except Pam.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I guess the million dollar question is whether the show will phase out Dunder Mifflin and switch over eventually to Michael's new company OR will Michael's venture never get off the ground OR will they have two "offices" for a while and then switch back.

Its hard to imagine the show being much of a success with Mike and Pam off on their own for too long. Having everyone work under Charles' iron fist isn't much fun either.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i missed the pam part - last scene I saw was michael in NY saying he quits - was there more beyond this?

i also loved the classy opening and how it all came to roost

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Next Thursday is going to be great!

The Office (new)
Parks and Recreation (series premiere)
The Office (new)

I'd put 30 Rock there too, but I don't watch it. :)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Next Thursday is going to be great!

The Office (new)
Parks and Recreation (series premiere)
The Office (new)

I'd put 30 Rock there too, but I don't watch it. :)

bump - its today!

note: the first office starts at 7 AZ time

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought tonight's episodes sucked. Second one was better than the first though.

I hate the storylines with this new company. Just hate it.

Funny moments were Andy/Dwight scenes. And I laughed pretty hard when Phyliss got smacked in the face. That was about it.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought tonight's episodes sucked. Second one was better than the first though.

Funny moments were Andy/Dwight scenes. And I laughed pretty hard when Phyliss got smacked in the face. That was about it.

Second one was better...but I thought the tiny office with Ryan/Michael/Pam was some of the funniest stuff ever. The flushing of the toilet, the bickering...I dunno, it killed me :)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Agreed. I hate the new storylines. I am not laughing at hte new boss and how he is...there's just nothing funny about him and Jim not being funny sucks. I love this show but the direction is terrible right now.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They've got to give you something to trial through so when they go back to the "same ole" it feels fresh and fun again.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
They've got to give you something to trial through so when they go back to the "same ole" it feels fresh and fun again.

Yeah but...I wasn't tired of the same ole in the 1st place lol

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
dwight's "were all making observations" line and the new dwight vs michael interaction with pam and ryan walking michael through it was hilarious