The Office (Season 5) (spoilers)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Great ep. I didn't know if Michael on his own would work, but it's starting to look like it's beginning to work. I always loved when he surprises people and actually does something really intelligent, and his ploy to get the big client was great.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVED last night's episode. I am so happy because the 2 previous ones were such blehhhhh.

The scene where they were throwing cheese balls was freaking HILARIOUS, and I about fell over when it caught in Pam's hair. I love little funny things like that.

I still don't the like the two companies idea, but I'm willing to see what happens. If last night's ep is any indication, then I will be pleasantly surprised and happy.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've liked the 2 Office thing so far, mostly because I'm wondering how they're going to bring it all back together in the end. The sabotage was great, I hope we see more office vs office pranks and shenanigans.

It's nice seeing interaction between characters that didn't have much screen time with each other before, like Pam and Ryan. This story line is forcing them to mix it up a little.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Michael's response when declining the offer was great. He's one of the only characters on tv I know of that you can find disgusting or annoying one scene and root for the next.

Then Charles' goodbye to end the episode was beyond satisfying for the show.

Very well done.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another solid episode! i am so happy that that arc is finished. it was bumpy for a while there, but I am happy with the results.

btw, 10 bucks Ryan ends up working in the warehouse

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Michael's response when declining the offer was great.

Which offer?

The first rejection where he brought up the shareholders meeting was where he completely took control of that meeting. Michael's occasional ept-ness is always awesome.

The second rejection was nice too - awesome job getting the old jobs back (plus a promotion for Pam)

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Really enjoyed last night's episode. They are really doing a good job of getting mileage out of the Michael Scott Paper company defection.

The scene where Meredith adjusts her dress had me in hysterics.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The opening scene with Kevin spilling the chili was classic.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am stoked for the finale! Holly's back!

Oh, and this past week's episode - SO GLAD that Jim and Pam changed their minds. I was really not going to be happy if they went through with it.

On and one more thing, the dance off between Andy and Kelly was awesome. They need to hook up so I can 'ship them.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe that the office went there. The most over-used and cliche plot devices in all of history. I am absolutely disgusted. I screamed at the TV I was so upset.

Despite the awful ending, I thought the episode was pretty darn funny. Loved Holly and Michael. They really are soulmates. And Dwight? He was in TOP form today. When he was stalling for time, that was freaking hilarious.

But my love for this show took a deep hit today with the baby news. Ugh. For once can they let a couple just be a couple and enjoy each other before a baby comes into the picture? It's like Friends all over again (which I do love, but just not with Pam and Jim).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I cannot believe that the office went there. The most over-used and cliche plot devices in all of history. I am absolutely disgusted. I screamed at the TV I was so upset.

Despite the awful ending, I thought the episode was pretty darn funny. Loved Holly and Michael. They really are soulmates. And Dwight? He was in TOP form today. When he was stalling for time, that was freaking hilarious.

But my love for this show took a deep hit today with the baby news. Ugh. For once can they let a couple just be a couple and enjoy each other before a baby comes into the picture? It's like Friends all over again (which I do love, but just not with Pam and Jim).

Is 2 freaking years not long enough? Yes, it's been 2 years that they've been a couple and enjoying themselves. Other than the actual wedding, what else is there for them as a couple?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is 2 freaking years not long enough? Yes, it's been 2 years that they've been a couple and enjoying themselves. Other than the actual wedding, what else is there for them as a couple?

No, 2 years is not long enough in my Pam and Jim world. Not after all the time it took to get them together. I wanted them to get married and enjoy married life, too.

Also, I was really hoping they would expand upon Pam's character as her being a saleswoman.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, 2 years is not long enough in my Pam and Jim world. Not after all the time it took to get them together. I wanted them to get married and enjoy married life, too.

Also, I was really hoping they would expand upon Pam's character as her being a saleswoman.
Personally I would have preferred that Jim and Pam weren't together at all, at least not until the end of the series. Seems like most of the real drama that made the show so special in the first few seasons is gone now.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I would have preferred that Jim and Pam weren't together at all, at least not until the end of the series. Seems like most of the real drama that made the show so special in the first few seasons is gone now.

see, I would rather have it the way it is than watch them jerk us around with the whole "will they or won't they get together and stay together" stuff.

Joe

asudevil83

Reaction score
The finale was a decent episode....but DEFINATELY not finale-esque except for the end.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i love the continued tension between charles and jim and corporate and pretty much everybody

i didn't like when the series took the predictable romance turn a long time ago - anything since is just a continuation of that same old stuff

i don't want drama - i want funny