THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, that's that. Howe has really failed to keep the team's head right, hurting the league position. The team was prepared for the cup final game, but way not up to snuff because ownership failed Howe and the team in the winter window. Now they're pretty far out of the Champion's League spot, nowhere near secure enough in a Europa league spot, with a tired and thin squad and backwards momentum. This season could crash and burn really, really easily. So, basically life as usual for a Newcastle fan :(

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well, that's that. Howe has really failed to keep the team's head right, hurting the league position. The team was prepared for the cup final game, but way not up to snuff because ownership failed Howe and the team in the winter window. Now they're pretty far out of the Champion's League spot, nowhere near secure enough in a Europa league spot, with a tired and thin squad and backwards momentum. This season could crash and burn really, really easily. So, basically life as usual for a Newcastle fan :(
They are having a Spursy season.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Big game tomorrow v Man City. Can really be the pace setter for the rest of the season--or the drubbing that will send the Mags into a tail spin. C'mon, Eddie, whip 'em into shape! Howe-way the lads!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Eddie Bruce? Some brutally bad selection decisions and a strange game plan of trying to hoof the long ball to Callum Wilson, of all players, just put a stake in the heart of Newcastle's chances from the get-go. Yes, they're worse than City and are nowhere near top class, but the manager put them in position to fail. He's done well this season, Howe, but he is getting really stupid sticking with certain players. Wilson over Isak is unforgivable. Burn still in at LB--and gifting Foden the opening for the opener--is awful, and IDGAF how much of a good character he is. If Howe doesn't wake the eff up and change his team, there's no chance of European soccer.

The CL is already gone, and now, with three losses on the bounce and a hideous 2023 unfolding, the season is in the balance.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If the Mags have any hope for Europe next season, they need to beat Wolves Sunday.
Yeah suddenly Liverpool have gotten within striking distance of the top 4 but they lost today to Bournemouth combined with spurs getting 3 points. This has been such a weird season. I feel like Newcastle are missing out on a good chance to make the top 4.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ugly wins are better than no wins at all. And, with the results all almost going the right way, it was a very good weekend. Nice to have those games in hand over Spurs.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well spurs dropped 2 points today and conte finally spoke the truth afterwards.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oh my, I'll have to look up what he said. Yeah, when they went up 3-1 I thought it was over.

At least Everton drew with Chelski :)
He basically blasted for spurs for what they are. Said what any fan would say. If Daniel levy is made of glass he will sack conte. I hope levy is gone soon. He’s the problem.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Hey Eric Ten Wah, wanna cry some more about time wasting? Were Newcastle time wasting when they were trashing your defense and attacking with defender runs into the box in extra time? Remember when De Gea was massively time wasting in the first half when you were clinging onto a nil-nil draw? Yeah, embarrass yourself some more by whinging and trying to effect the ref, who had a great game. Give me another laugh :D

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Man, do I hate Harry Kane. He is such a punk. He stirs up trouble, injures players, rarely gets caught (he gave two fouls after the whistle on one play, provoking a red card offense against him, went to the ground like a biotch, and I was surprised he even saw yellow for causing it all), and undermines his immense talents by being an immense douche. That is all lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great win today vs ManU.
Any team that beats ManU is my second favorite team, so congrats, even if it hurts our top 4 chances.

offtopic... I'm still mad at Loris Karius for costing us the Champions League final, but dude has keep himself busy with his girlfriend Diletta Leotta. How does a dude that unlucky, get so lucky?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Any team that beats ManU is my second favorite team, so congrats, even if it hurts our top 4 chances.

offtopic... I'm still mad at Loris Karius for costing us the Champions League final, but dude has keep himself busy with his girlfriend Diletta Leotta. How does a dude that unlucky, get so lucky?
OMG, she is incredible. Funny enough, Karius did really well in the cup final for us and our other backup keeper Dubravka won a winner's medal because he played a cup game for Man U on loan earlier in the season.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Obviously no sweat!
Funny thing is, Newcastle weren't very good. Hit our own post in the 2nd minute, kept giving the ball away, etc. Still, West Ham's defense was shambolic. Literally gave us the ball for two goals and couldn't stop the early first one totally against the run of play.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Man, do I hate Harry Kane. He is such a punk. He stirs up trouble, injures players, rarely gets caught (he gave two fouls after the whistle on one play, provoking a red card offense against him, went to the ground like a biotch, and I was surprised he even saw yellow for causing it all), and undermines his immense talents by being an immense douche. That is all lol
sounds like a footballer in a nutshell. I for one enjoy him and his loyalty to Tottenham. He should have left 8 years ago. It almost reminds me of the situation with the D. Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki. I hope he stays, but he really deserves to lift a trophy. as much as it pains me to say it, that aint happening at spurs unless something changes. I guess I'm resigned this season to hoping for Arsenal to poop the bed again like they did last season.

Boy, but how bout Newcastle. they have really done it this season. a big match upcoming with Spurs as well.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
sounds like a footballer in a nutshell. I for one enjoy him and his loyalty to Tottenham. He should have left 8 years ago. It almost reminds me of the situation with the D. Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki. I hope he stays, but he really deserves to lift a trophy. as much as it pains me to say it, that aint happening at spurs unless something changes. I guess I'm resigned this season to hoping for Arsenal to poop the bed again like they did last season.

Boy, but how bout Newcastle. they have really done it this season. a big match upcoming with Spurs as well.
Yeah, except normal footballers get punished; he rarely does. I once saw him pull this junk and they gave the other guy a yellow instead lol Like, how dare you get hurt.

Good point about his loyalty to Tottenham. I don't think it's been completely voluntary the last few seasons. I think he's wanted out, but seeing it wasn't happening, didn't kick up a fuss.

If it makes you feel better about the Arsenal thing, my buddy is an Arsenal fan and is convinced they're going to lose the title. Plus, Newcastle get a chance to help that happen in early may.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose