The new forum format question about quoting articles and snippets

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, good look. Is there a facility to encapsulate a quote on the toolbar? I can't seem to find one.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, good look. Is there a facility to encapsulate a quote on the toolbar? I can't seem to find one.

if you click quote it puts it on your clipboard and then when you go to reply you can hit "add quotes" and put them into your post

Im having trouble navigating still but have only been online for a bit. I just marked the entire forum read as it was showing old articles as new for me.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you click quote it puts it on your clipboard and then when you go to reply you can hit "add quotes" and put them into your post

Im having trouble navigating still but have only been online for a bit. I just marked the entire forum read as it was showing old articles as new for me.

What I was looking for is what was on the old format. There was a "quote" tool button that allowed any text to be placed in a quote box. If I am quoting a teaser from an article, I would place that tease in the "quote" box.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I was looking for is what was on the old format. There was a "quote" tool button that allowed any text to be placed in a quote box. If I am quoting a teaser from an article, I would place that tease in the "quote" box.

Next to smiley, photo and movie icons there is a plus sign,. click plus sign and you will see quote button (and spoiler button!)

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out BigRedRage! He's got this down

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having problem reading the wording as the text seems too light on the threads. However, when I'm typing the "Post Reply" before submission it looks awesome.

Anyone have any thoughts.

LWM

Tech Support Admin
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the text look darker now? I made an adjustment.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm loving it. Awesome job fellas.

Thanks. It was long overdo, but glad we finally made the change. We have a great crew (basically 1 person!) that helped format it with little/no downtime

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was excited last night when I saw the forum was down for the change!
Thanks. It was long overdo, but glad we finally made the change. We have a great crew (basically 1 person!) that helped format it with little/no downtime

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looks like some of the previous youtube links are busted and redirect to the forum home.

A lot faster loading too.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least on mobile I'm not seeing how to pull up just new post on a thread

I'm not at home and won't be for a couple days so won't be a look it on a desktop but I hate mobile versions of websites I always like the desktop version is there a way to see that

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There is an option we could put into the skins where its not responsive.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
holy crap a spoiler button!!!!! This will keep all the whiners from hating on me in the GoT threads...woohoooo!!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy crap a spoiler button!!!!! This will keep all the whiners from hating on me in the GoT threads...woohoooo!!

LOL. Another plus with the upgrade! :rockon:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
FYI, you need a new design on the Suns Custom theme. It's got Goran Dragic in the upper right corner.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Excuse my ignorance, but how are you adding spoilers without writing out the tag? I don't see an option on the toolbar during posting.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but how are you adding spoilers without writing out the tag? I don't see an option on the toolbar during posting.
Click the plus sign next to the smiley, portrait and video icons. Then you will see quote and spoiler buttons.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Click the plus sign next to the smiley, portrait and video icons.

super spoily!

Test

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Negative. The hating will continue indefinitely. :deadhorse2: