The NBA is rigged

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes I still think its rigged up to a certain point. The refs will help out a darling popular teams up to a certain point. Like this last game against the Clippers. We had 54 points in the paint vs their 34 yet they went to the free throw line 32 times vs our 11.

You’re going to tell me we scored that much in the paint but only went to the line 11 times and some of those 11 weren’t fouls in the paint. Some how they made it into the second quarter without a foul?

I will admit we do tend to flop (yes we do.. almost every damn 3 pointer from Crowder he hits the floor) so maybe thats why refs might not be willing calling it? Either way its all bull crap.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who fixed the NBA?​

Yeah I've read and listened to some of that before, I don't find Tim particularly credible. Nothing I've heard from him really points to the NBA itself being fixed IMO other than comments from one dirty referee and the fact a lot of the refs are from the same general area where gambling has long been a way of life. Oh, and he once saw PJ Tucker get two quick fouls which influenced the outcome of that game therefore it's fixed.

Tim Donaghy fixed games, we know that. But he did it by himself. No conspiracy. I suspect there have been and maybe still are other dirty refs. It still doesn't make the league dirty or fixed. As has often been stated, the dirty officials probably "cheat" for something like the over or the cover rather than the final result because that leads too damning of a trail.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes I still think its rigged up to a certain point. The refs will help out a darling popular teams up to a certain point. Like this last game against the Clippers. We had 54 points in the paint vs their 34 yet they went to the free throw line 32 times vs our 11.

You’re going to tell me we scored that much in the paint but only went to the line 11 times and some of those 11 weren’t fouls in the paint. Some how they made it into the second quarter without a foul?

I will admit we do tend to flop (yes we do.. almost every damn 3 pointer from Crowder he hits the floor) so maybe thats why refs might not be willing calling it? Either way its all bull crap.
Have you analyzed where these fouls occurred and if it was an incorrect call? Have you analyzed the amount of no calls that should've been called a foul, and if it significantly favored the Clippers? Have you analyzed the occurrence of this happening in other playoff games to see if this occurred in other series, other teams? Have you analyzed if this occurred during the season at all, for the Clippers or other teams? Have you analyzed if a relationship can be determined between certain teams receiving an unusual rate of favorable calls/no calls relative to the rest of the league.

The easy thing to do is say the refs are rigging the game. We see something that we don't understand, and we naturally gravitate towards the simplest explanation in our minds.

However, officiating error can be quantitatively analyzed. The NBA does it, and I promise you people outside of the NBA payroll are doing it.

If a quantitative pattern is established that the NBA is favoring a team with it's officiating, that information can and will come out.

I can 1000% tell you this would be bad for the NBA and they do not want this.

Competitive integrity is everything to a sports league. We saw the uproar over the Astros sign stealing scheme.

What do you think would happen if it came out that the league itself is cheating?

The implications would be enormous.

Every record, every stat, every title, every game would be called into question.

Say goodbye to the fanbase.

Why watch a game that's been pre-determined? The league becomes the basketball version of the WWE.

The drop in revenue would be catastrophic.

It would take a looooooong time for the league to repair its reputation, if ever. To even try, they would need a re-branding. The NBA would be dissolved and turned into some other acronym so that people wouldn't associate the letters with cheating.

And this is just the business side.

Many, many people would be going to jail.

Now I ask you, does it make any sense for the league to risk this?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you analyzed where these fouls occurred and if it was an incorrect call? Have you analyzed the amount of no calls that should've been called a foul, and if it significantly favored the Clippers? Have you analyzed the occurrence of this happening in other playoff games to see if this occurred in other series, other teams? Have you analyzed if this occurred during the season at all, for the Clippers or other teams? Have you analyzed if a relationship can be determined between certain teams receiving an unusual rate of favorable calls/no calls relative to the rest of the league.

The easy thing to do is say the refs are rigging the game. We see something that we don't understand, and we naturally gravitate towards the simplest explanation in our minds.

However, officiating error can be quantitatively analyzed. The NBA does it, and I promise you people outside of the NBA payroll are doing it.

If a quantitative pattern is established that the NBA is favoring a team with it's officiating, that information can and will come out.

I can 1000% tell you this would be bad for the NBA and they do not want this.

Competitive integrity is everything to a sports league. We saw the uproar over the Astros sign stealing scheme.

What do you think would happen if it came out that the league itself is cheating?

The implications would be enormous.

Every record, every stat, every title, every game would be called into question.

Say goodbye to the fanbase.

Why watch a game that's been pre-determined? The league becomes the basketball version of the WWE.

The drop in revenue would be catastrophic.

It would take a looooooong time for the league to repair its reputation, if ever. To even try, they would need a re-branding. The NBA would be dissolved and turned into some other acronym so that people wouldn't associate the letters with cheating.

And this is just the business side.

Many, many people would be going to jail.

Now I ask you, does it make any sense for the league to risk this?

I agree with what you're saying but I think Germz took a more reasonable approach with his questioning things compared to what some others have said throughout this postseason.

I think your post would be better as a reply to thread than just quoting one post.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with what you're saying but I think Germz took a more reasonable approach with his questioning things compared to what some others have said throughout this postseason.

I think your post would be better as a reply to thread than just quoting one post.
I agree but I just kind of took it like a message to the board rather than a directed response. But you're right, Germz is probably wondering "why me?" And I've done it more than a few times too where I've followed along with a thread and quoted one person while responding generally to the 10 posts I just read.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree but I just kind of took it like a message to the board rather than a directed response. But you're right, Germz is probably wondering "why me?"

That's part of why I said something. Germz is fairly new here so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on the "reply" to him so he doesn't feel singled out. I doubt he will but you never know how people will take certain things.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's part of why I said something. Germz is fairly new here so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on the "reply" to him so he doesn't feel singled out. I doubt he will but you never know how people will take certain things.

I'm sorry Germz. I didn't mean to single you out. I've been getting carried away with my posts lately.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
paul has lost 12 straight playoff games with scott foster as referee after game 3 with the bucks. Conveniently, he was referee in the valley oop game without chris paul and a game where I didnt know he was ref but I felt the whole game we got screwed by the refs and thought the valley oop was just a pure luck finish after a terribly officiated game

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we have a lousy winning percentage when Foster is officiating but I think we should investigate Devin Booker. Have you seen our winning rate when he shoots poorly?
he has been playing terribly for sure however the foul trouble and lopsided officiating was very evident last night.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They sure made sure Ayton was not gonna help the Suns beat the Bucks. Lol. He started out so good and then the league shut him down. Sit down big-man...you're not supposed to go off tonight...it's the Bucks turn to win so we can milk this series to 7. Lol.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
paul has lost 12 straight playoff games with scott foster as referee after game 3 with the bucks. Conveniently, he was referee in the valley oop game without chris paul and a game where I didnt know he was ref but I felt the whole game we got screwed by the refs and thought the valley oop was just a pure luck finish after a terribly officiated game

You’re about a month late on this item.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I found this thread on twitter most interesting. There's an interview with Donaghy on youtube from 2 yrs ago.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Well, if this is all rigged the league sure must love the Suns, because they've been waltzing through the playoffs so far. Why would anyone bother watching if you think it's rigged? May as well switch over to WWE.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams in the playoffs should be able to agree on their referee crew. That would solve all of this stuff. Just like picking a jury.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if this is all rigged the league sure must love the Suns, because they've been waltzing through the playoffs so far. Why would anyone bother watching if you think it's rigged? May as well switch over to WWE.
People can discuss lopsided officiating and conspiracy without it being fake like WWE

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think it's more about extending the series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In games 1 and 2 we won, Booker/Bridges combined for 41 and 58 points in two wins.

last night they combined for 14 in the loss.

there’s the reason we lost. Not because the NBA is rigged.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson