The Matrix Resurrections

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this in the lead-up to the release. The Blu-ray audio on those is ridiculous and so fun. Gives my system a real workout.
The original was the impetus for me to move from vhs to dvd and to purchase upgraded stereo equipment and surround sound. At that time it was worth every penny just watching The Matrix.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That was complete s.h.i.t.e. I long for the days of Reloaded and Revolutions. So glad I didn’t pay to watch.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Wow. That was complete s.h.i.t.e. I long for the days of Reloaded and Revolutions. So glad I didn’t pay to watch.
This is what I'm hearing from everyone. :( I'm planning on watching it in about 2 hours after the dog park and I'm really hoping it's not as bad as I'm hearing.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Disappointing and super unnecessary. The beginning was convoluted, the middle was okay, but the last 5-10 minutes was eye rolling bad.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was a convoluted mess, to be sure. I don't necessarily agree that the last 5-10 minutes was eye rolling bad. The movie was easily at it's best when Carrie Ann Moss is on screen.

I love Keanu, but he really sleepwalked through most of the movie.

The effects were very good, but my favorite part of the movie was seeing at least 5 of the actors from Sense8.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was entertained but can see how most people disliked or hated this movie.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was too much of a "Free Guy" feel the first half. And the second half felt forced.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just watched the original Matrix with my boys. 11 and 10. I was surprised how difficult the concepts were for them to grasp. Particularly the phone thing and the fact that agents were programs. I guess when I was their age we were learning about how to create simple computer programs (I only remember “goto” as a command) because it was so new and they couldn’t do much for kids yet. Kids now are surrounded by computing and largely take it for granted. I don’t think my boys understand what their “gaming” computers are truly capable of. They just know they can play games on them. So I don’t think they understand what a “program” is. Overall they were kind of bored. I was bummed because I’ve been excited to watch it with them.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Just watched the original Matrix with my boys. 11 and 10. I was surprised how difficult the concepts were for them to grasp. Particularly the phone thing and the fact that agents were programs. I guess when I was their age we were learning about how to create simple computer programs (I only remember “goto” as a command) because it was so new and they couldn’t do much for kids yet. Kids now are surrounded by computing and largely take it for granted. I don’t think my boys understand what their “gaming” computers are truly capable of. They just know they can play games on them. So I don’t think they understand what a “program” is. Overall they were kind of bored. I was bummed because I’ve been excited to watch it with them.
The original Matrix can be a bit heady with the philosophy concepts in it. Are your boys maybe just a hair young for them? I'm wondering if they were like 15 and 16 if the results would have been different. I think it would have made a difference for me at those ages.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The original Matrix can be a bit heady with the philosophy concepts in it. Are your boys maybe just a hair young for them? I'm wondering if they were like 15 and 16 if the results would have been different. I think it would have made a difference for me at those ages.
Maybe. I think they also skew less mature than our generation at the same respective ages. They also found a lot of the set up boring.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was too much of a "Free Guy" feel the first half. And the second half felt forced.
Loved Free Guy. The philosophical underpinnings of that were completely awesome to me. I'm a huge matrix trilogy fan based on the similar philosophy...but, we went for the opening and IMAXed it and mind wasn't blown. That being said, I look forward to watching it a few more times to catch some things I might have missed...alot like Inception.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free Guy was The Godfather Part 2 in comparison to this Matrix movie.

Every time I think back to Resurrections, I figure out more and more horrible things about it. It might be MegaForce level awful.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Free Guy was The Godfather Part 2 in comparison to this Matrix movie.

Every time I think back to Resurrections, I figure out more and more horrible things about it. It might be MegaForce level awful.
You don’t watch a lot of bad movies do you?

Your reaction to this movie makes me think there is something else going on with you. Hope you are ok. It’s no masterpiece, but it’s not a horribly made film.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your reaction to this movie makes me think there is something else going on with you. Hope you are ok. It’s no masterpiece, but it’s not a horribly made film.

This was a 3 day break. No reason to assume someone disagreeing with you has some sort of issue

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beyond this reported post I want to see both Free Guy and this. I am easily entertained

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
… It’s no masterpiece, but it’s not a horribly made film.

It may not of been as bad as a lot of bad movies, but when combined with the disappointment level I felt about it, I can definitely see how someone could put it in that category.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
yeah...saw this on max opening day...it was a disaster.

was the conversation about the matrix,...I know nobody wants to do a sequel but warner brothers owns it, they write the checks, and they want a sequel...so like it or not we are making a sequel..... it felt so much like they were talking about this movie and not the imaginary video game

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I just finished it. I re-watched the previous three movies over the last few weeks before watching this one. I thought this one was entertaining and had some cool scenes, similar to the second and third one. I kind of wish that I saw it in the theatre with the full surround sound.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose