The Market 2022-2023-2024

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Pounds quickly becoming useless in the UK. The smart will need to start stacking some precious metals or something soon...

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fixed it. Copy paste the link in the browser, too!

Market bottom signs - step 4 investment advice
Ehh. They have the basics down. But they're not connecting the dots that when the Fed does in fact pivot it will cause more panic than before. It will be because the system broke. (Think GFC) The fed will be buying their bonds and money will flood from the stock market into treasuries. It's how they indeed fix things, but in turn, being painful for investors in risk assets. I would be careful with dip buying for at least a few months. JMO. Good luck.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ehh. They have the basics down. But they're not connecting the dots that when the Fed does in fact pivot it will cause more panic than before. It will be because the system broke. (Think GFC) The fed will be buying their bonds and money will flood from the stock market into treasuries. It's how they indeed fix things, but in turn, being painful for investors in risk assets. I would be careful with dip buying for at least a few months. JMO. Good luck.
I only have 401K money to buy investments. I do a S&P 500 index fund. The shares are cheap right now, so I keep plowing money into them. I have a decade before needing to take money out.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bipolar today. crashed hard in the morning. More rate increases end of october. No end in sight. madness.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Inflation number comes in high, and the market ... goes up? Huh?
Algos. Gap fills. Etc. I would be weary of tomorrow. Much like fed meetings. The day of is volatile. But the following day usually is the day that absorbs the info and moves the market.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Crazy chart for some perspective. According to this 30 year chart it would assume we haven't seen the end yet and might need to buckle up...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Taking advantage of today's surge to dump one of my speculative mutual funds that has been particularly poor in its performance. It's probably the last big tax harvesting loss I'll take this year. When growth plummets again later this week, I'll use these latest proceeds to buy back into funds that have been a little more stable.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could you just not short stocks all day? Just asking...
That's a new traders problem. Dave portnoy proved that in his compilation video. Lol. They think trading is easy when volatility is low. When volatility gets nuts, they lose on both sides of the trade because of their FOMO. In a nutshell. Their brains aren't wired for trading yet.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
China stocks getting killed today. Unfortunately I hold EMQQ, but otherwise my exposure is limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson