The Market 2022-2023-2024

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So its gonna be a long term, a year at least? musk is s genius but can't use the social network to share all of his thoughts
The moments sucks and keep harming the shareholders with the twitter crap and his comment about politic
I mean, I'm no psychic. It could race back to 1200 next week for all I know but I wouldn't hold my breath.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus 400?
I believe in the company but its 56 stocks
Im destroyed, can't even think about anything else
What an idiot
That's quite the "f it money" purchase to buy 56 shares on a whim. What made you one day decide to go from 0 shares to 56 shares without any ramping up?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's quite the "f it money" purchase to buy 56 shares on a whim. What made you one day decide to go from 0 shares to 56 shares without any ramping up?
Cause after the twitter mess he said he wouldn't sell anymore Tesla stocks so i looked at the revenue the eps and how the company improve every year zero debts and i thought it was a good investment
Obviously i made the worst decision ever and i can't go back

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus 400?
I believe in the company but its 56 stocks
Im destroyed, can't even think about anything else
What an idiot
Sometimes cutting and running isnt such a bad thing. You learn from your losses. I know I have over time. This of course is not advice. But, most investors or even traders don't realize just how fast losses can mount when we get into this current environment. Along with recovery of those losses. It becomes almost sickening while it's occuring. This isn't to create fear for ya...just for an awareness. I've been there and done that my friend. We have a big endowment effect (IMO) along with new young money going on in the markets right now and it's usually the time when markets get their rugs pulled from under em. I also don't like what I'm seeing under the surface AT ALL. I'm personally positioned for it...but it terrifies me for what my mom and step father might experience during this because of that endowment/tax consequence effect. Just a personal, honest thought I've been having myself for some time now.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sometimes cutting and running isnt such a bad thing. You learn from your losses. I know I ahbe over time. This of course is not advice. But, most investors or even traders don't realize just how fast losses can mount when we get into this current environment. Along with recovery of those losses. It becomes almost sickening while it's occuring. This isn't to create fear for ya...just for an awareness. I've been there and done that my friend. We have a big endowment effect (IMO) along with new young money going on in the markets right now and it's usually the time when markets get their rugs pulled from under em. I also don't like what I'm seeing under the surface AT ALL. I'm personally positioned for it...but it terrifies me for what my mom and step father might experience during this because of that endowment/tax consequence effect. Just a personal, honest thought I've been having myself for some time now.
So u suggest to sell ?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So u suggest to sell them?
Would I, myself, hold 56 shares of Tesla doing what I do (technical analysis) in the markets, and seeing what I'm seeing under the surface? No. That being said.....I'm sure you know what's coming next.... I am not you. Make sure whatever decision you make, that it yours. Only us ourselves are responsible for our own decisions and choices. Be at peace with whatever decision you make. JMHO.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
If they have one earnings miss, look out! I see 400 as their most optimistic valuation, but that's not even considering a recession with likely lower revenue and compressed margins.
Yeah, they're starting to make me nervous too. I've really been thinking of closing out my position for now. I've been toying withe the idea for about a week. I'm at a $355 cost basis so I've been thinking of locking in profits then buying back in when things settle down.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes unfortunately
Im down 15k now
Thats why i talked about rope
Another way to look at it!? You still have the 35-40k left. Don't focus on what's gone. Focus on what's there. It's an easy mindset to get sucked into in the markets. Ie. Fear of loss. Losing is part of life. Losing is part of the markets. It was one of my hardest lessons... especially for competitive people. Like us, on a sports message board. ;)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another way to look at it!? You still have the 35-40k left. Don't focus on what's gone. Focus on what's there. It's an easy mindset to get sucked into in the markets. Ie. Fear of loss. Losing is part of life. Losing is part of the markets. It was one of my hardest lessons... especially for competitive people. Like us, on a sports message board. ;)
Listen to you Tesla will have a free fall so there are not solutions

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause after the twitter mess he said he wouldn't sell anymore Tesla stocks so i looked at the revenue the eps and how the company improve every year zero debts and i thought it was a good investment
Obviously i made the worst decision ever and i can't go back
I mean, I have more shares than you and I plan on riding it out. I didn't I tend to sell my TSLA stock until at least 2024/2025

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have to avoid black and white it will either moon or bankrupt thought processes. No one is ever going to give you straight advice on what to do because if we are wrong, that's on us. You can cut your losses and invest elsewhere but you literally invested during one of the biggest stock market crashes we have seen and most any investment you made at that time would likely be pretty cratered by now. It's either buckle up and wait, sell and move on it a combo of both and only you can decide that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U have at 767 medium price stocks right?
I dont remember. Ine one app its in the 600s. In the other app its in the 900s or something.

but I have been trading and holding Tesla since 2019 or 2020 and it wasnt on a whim.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you have to avoid black and white it will either moon or bankrupt thought processes. No one is ever going to give you straight advice on what to do because if we are wrong, that's on us. You can cut your losses and invest elsewhere but you literally invested during one of the biggest stock market crashes we have seen and most any investment you made at that time would likely be pretty cratered by now. It's either buckle up and wait, sell and move on it a combo of both and only you can decide that.
No il not looking to re invest right now, especially in stocks, even bonds is a bad time
Just don't know what to do

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll say this juza... If you lose 50 percent of your money, it takes 100 percent upside to get your money back. If you lose 60, it becomes 150 to catch up. Does that make sense? If you are struggling with 20 percent....ask yourself if you could handle 50? Then you will have more insight into whether that amount of cash should be in any product you invest in. JMO.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont remember. Ine one app its in the 600s. In the other app its in the 900s or something.

but I have been trading and holding Tesla since 2019 or 2020 and it wasnt on a whim.
25% down, looking at long term is not a gap difficult to close, but very likely the stocks will go further down
All rhe stocks basically falling now, even good companies like Nvidia AMD apple Microsoft, but Tesla is the worse with no specifically a reason
I know there were problem in China, but now they are at full regime, the company has a bright future, is just about Musk making more enemies then ever?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No il not looking to re invest right now, especially in stocks, even bonds is a bad time
Just don't know what to do
I have about 2/3 of my life savings in the market....most of those in companies tha tI believe will bounce back when this is over. When I invested, I planned for at least 2-5 years of holding, so, nothing has changed, its just not exciting and a big loss for now. I wont be investing any more until the market starts to turn around. When I invest more, I would like to go into more ETF's however its going to be tempting to average down some of the stoocks I have as well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
25% down, looking at long term is not a gap difficult to close, but very likely the stocks will go further down
All rhe stocks basically falling now, even good companies like Nvidia AMD apple Microsoft, but Tesla is the worse with no specifically a reason
I know there were problem in China, but now they are at full regime, the company has a bright future, is just about Musk making more enemies then ever?
none of them have specific reasons. their fundamentals have not changed dramatically. is what it is. NVDA, microsoft and tesla are three of my primary holdings.

Looking at "the entire market is cratering but is tesla dropping because of X" is not really seeing the big picture IMO. You just said every company is cratering for no reason but you are looking for a reason that tesla is cratering. why would it be different? I encourage you to show me a major tech company that is not much lower than it was in september of last year.

you cant expect most all companies dropped just because of the market but will bounce back but then assume another company is not the same when it fits the same description.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone here is doing a great job in how they're presenting their opinions, but I just want to remind all users of this forum to make sure they completely understand the additional rules for this sub-forum. Call it a PSA. :)

Carry on.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone here is doing a great job in how they're presenting their opinions, but I just want to remind all users of this forum to make sure they completely understand the additional rules for this sub-forum. Call it a PSA. :)

Carry on.

I assume you are primarily talking about the giving and taking of financial advice and not so much the political stuff?

Agreed. We are all just sharing knowledge and ideas. Nothing should be taken as financial advice.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume you are primarily talking about the giving and taking of financial advice and not so much the political stuff?

Agreed. We are all just sharing knowledge and ideas. Nothing should be taken as financial advice.

Yes, exactly.

You "regulars" are doing a fantastic job, so kudos!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson