The Market 2022-2023-2024

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tesla is a luxury car manufacturer as nearly 90% of their revenue comes from auto sales. That market has a ceiling. They have a lot of irons in the fire with growth potential, but it remains to be seen whether their profit potential will ever be realized.

Tesla is significantly overvalued in my opinion. I would caution against overpaying for growth.

Can any of the bulls justify the current price?
I see them as far more than a car company and really, the cars are just getting started. All these new factories will change things quite a bit along with full scale 4680 manufacturing.

You have to make the luxury cars first, every new auto maker is following the same methods.

The price is high. I'm not an analyst. There is plenty of bull/bear thesis out there and everyone can choose their own path/decide what research they think will be right.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You realize that all of these fanbois are trying to drive the price higher for their own benefit, right? It's just like crypto.
They are bulls and fanboys, yes.

Name a bull that doesn't want their stock price to increase.

I primarily follow garyblack00 when it comes to TSLA bull case stock thesis. The other guys I posted above just share a lot of data and information on the company.

I've driven Tesla's, absolutely love them. I'll be buying the cybertruck. I believe in the company, the vision, the CEO. You're welcome to think what you wish. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you'll be able to pick up some more TSLA around a 700 price level of you're waiting on some decent short/intermediate term support levels.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, right, but it means that their perspective needs to be taken with several grains of salt.

You spelled "excrement" wrong.
Bulls and bears both, yep.

Gary black is pretty thoughtful and knows his stuff. I don't see it as excrement.

To each their own. I've made a lot of money on TSLA.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tesla is a luxury car manufacturer as nearly 90% of their revenue comes from auto sales. That market has a ceiling. They have a lot of irons in the fire with growth potential, but it remains to be seen whether their profit potential will ever be realized.

Tesla is significantly overvalued in my opinion. I would caution against overpaying for growth.

Can any of the bulls justify the current price?

There going to get destroyed by the big auto makers entering the electric market. They were the first real electric car company

Tesla’s are straight trash vehicles and you can’t even debate that. They rank dead last in quality year in and year out.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Welp, I hold GPN, which just released their Q1 earnings report. EPS beat estimates, and revenues were a sliver (0.06%) below estimates. So, naturally, the stock is crashing today, down 11%. I shudder to think what would have happened with a bad earnings report!

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some perspective on AMZN revenue. Only 16% of their $469B revenue comes from the fast growing and high margin AWS. That is $74B in 2021.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp, I hold GPN, which just released their Q1 earnings report. EPS beat estimates, and revenues were a sliver (0.06%) below estimates. So, naturally, the stock is crashing today, down 11%. I shudder to think what would have happened with a bad earnings report!

They must've had bad guidance?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
They must've had bad guidance?
I haven't read the call myself. The original summaries regarded it positively, but maybe investors are reading between the lines. It was down only a little at the open, by which time the report was already out, so there's a difference of opinion between institutional investors and the broader population.

They're apparently pursuing a "strategic partnership" with some crypto broker, Braxx or some name like that, but I can't find the article anymore, and I have to spend most of the rest of the day in meetings, so I can't hunt it down.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two hours of Sara Eisen was brutal. Glad she's been condensed to just one and we got Scott Wapner in there...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least Nasdaq reversed and went green, Dow still closed down.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Eh, no obvious red flags in the GPN earnings statement. Maybe investors were hoping for a more dramatic long-term growth forecast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least Nasdaq reversed and went green, Dow still closed down.

Crazy finish. I had some big gainers with WBD, FB, BABA, and INTC. Somehow I was still outperformed by the NASDAQ on the day despite owning AAPL, GOOG, and AMZN. I guess small cap tech having a big day explains it. ARKK finished up 6.37%

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It "should" be priced in. I think we'll see swings based on what Powell actually says like previous meetings.
ive seen lately its sell the rumor buy the news with fed rate increases.

I'm not in the buy market either way so just a curious observer for now.