The Market 2021

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
$100? Or 100k? I could see 100 bucks per share if you believe in a massive breakout...100k?! Uhhh.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No risk it no biscuit.

Agreed. And I followed the AMC play ever since late 2020. However, 100k per share is beyond everything seen before and really, not possible in any way. I understand the memes and the optimism but these numbers are not possible. I'd recommend digging deeper on your own vs looking at reddit memes as the math does not add up.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. And I followed the AMC play ever since late 2020. However, 100k per share is beyond everything seen before and really, not possible in any way. I understand the memes and the optimism but these numbers are not possible. I'd recommend digging deeper on your own vs looking at reddit memes as the math does not add up.

i appreciate your concern but if I lose 10k I’ll still sleep fine at night. I do alright.

I’ve done plenty of research and I’m obviously not serious about 100k per share, but will it be more than 100 oh yeah

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i appreciate your concern but if I lose 10k I’ll still sleep fine at night. I do alright.

I’ve done plenty of research and I’m obviously not serious about 100k per share, but will it be more than 100 oh yeah

I dont see any situation where you lose 10k, AMC isnt going to go bankrupt. just, skipping 90k gains because its not 100 million was all I questioned.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

#tothemoonbaby

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AMC at 15.53 after hours. looks like that recent share sell off actually paid off. I got tired of being on the yoyo. @Devilmaycare tomorrow could be your day

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
AMC at 15.53 after hours. looks like that recent share sell off actually paid off. I got tired of being on the yoyo. @Devilmaycare tomorrow could be your day

Nice! I was a 15.60 average so I might dump and buy back in when it yo-yos like it has been. I'll see what the morning is like. Now if we could get a nice run EXPR and BB so that I can get rid of the little bit that I still have in them.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I was a 15.60 average so I might dump and buy back in when it yo-yos like it has been. I'll see what the morning is like. Now if we could get a nice run EXPR and BB so that I can get rid of the little bit that I still have in them.
With the way it's behaving, I'm super intrigued. Several days of run up is impressive and amc is still listed as a buy by some analysts because of cash on hand after a stock sell off

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
biden making EV tax credit comments at a ford facility is pathetic handshake publicity. TSLA is the leader in the EV industry, the cars here are all made here and the facilities are all over the country. Ford has barely sold any EV so far. Silly. Should be at the texas gigafactory. Cutting edge tech, show off cyber truck, etc. Ford literally has ONE electric vehicle that just came out and they ignored EV until they saw market share increasing. They have a large team in DC though and spend lots of money wiping govt butts so of course the remarks are made at a ford facility.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: supposive tax credits announced today = 7500-10k off as a credit, not a rebate for not "luxury" EV so probably meaning 75k and under. This is big for industry but dissapointed that my 80-90k cybertruck order will not get the credit. Basically, if I bought the less powerful one I could save 10k but buying the more powerful one that goes further I dont. dumb. We'll see.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

lets showcase Ford EV!!!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: supposive tax credits announced today = 7500-10k off as a credit, not a rebate for not "luxury" EV so probably meaning 75k and under. This is big for industry but dissapointed that my 80-90k cybertruck order will not get the credit. Basically, if I bought the less powerful one I could save 10k but buying the more powerful one that goes further I dont. dumb. We'll see.

so the cybertruck is under 75k before addons. should still be eligible.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
biden making EV tax credit comments at a ford facility is pathetic handshake publicity. TSLA is the leader in the EV industry, the cars here are all made here and the facilities are all over the country. Ford has barely sold any EV so far. Silly. Should be at the texas gigafactory. Cutting edge tech, show off cyber truck, etc. Ford literally has ONE electric vehicle that just came out and they ignored EV until they saw market share increasing. They have a large team in DC though and spend lots of money wiping govt butts so of course the remarks are made at a ford facility.

Tesla will be the spark that lights the fire but in my opinion they’ll be ate up by the big Automakers once they start stepping into the Ring. That’s kind of silly to point to sales at this point in the race.

The Mach-E Mustang alone resulted in a 12% drop in Tesla sales. I don’t get that Cyber truck. What’s the market for it?

The truck market is the most competitive in the auto industry and they got a 100 years of tradition in America. A Chevy guy is a Chevy guy probably because his dad was a Chevy guy same with Ford. If you didn’t grow up like that you won’t understand the amount of loyalty truck guys have. When that electric F150 hits the market later it’s a wrap it’s already the best selling truck in America.

That Hummer is going to out sale that Cyber truck 5-1 just based on the pure amount of GMC dealerships compared to Tesla dealerships.

like I said Tesla was first and they’ll be the spark but I don’t see it ending good for them and I’m not alone.

is Tesla still dead last in quality and dependability?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tesla will be the spark that lights the fire but in my opinion they’ll be ate up by the big Automakers once they start stepping into the Ring. That’s kind of silly to point to sales at this point in the race.

The Mach-E Mustang alone resulted in a 12% drop in Tesla sales. I don’t get that Cyber truck. What’s the market for it?

The truck market is the most competitive in the auto industry and they got a 100 years of tradition in America. A Chevy guy is a Chevy guy probably because his dad was a Chevy guy same with Ford. If you didn’t grow up like that you won’t understand the amount of loyalty truck guys have. When that electric F150 hits the market later it’s a wrap it’s already the best selling truck in America.

That Hummer is going to out sale that Cyber truck 5-1 just based on the pure amount of GMC dealerships compared to Tesla dealerships.

like I said Tesla was first and they’ll be the spark but I don’t see it ending good for them and I’m not alone.

The drop in Tesla sales already went away. quickly. I can see the thought process that auto makers will take over but so far, I dont see it at all. Tesla is way ahead of the game.

Whats the market for the cybertruck? I dont understand the question. I'm a truck driver and offroader. I dont tow. I like EV and specifically Teslas. I have driven a few and absolutely love them however have no use for a sedan. The majority of driving I do ends up on dirt roads, in the woods and etc and my truck is my offroad RV. The truck has on board air compressors (which I carry now to air up and down tires), On board inverters (which I carry now for different power needs) and more. Just for my subset of truck driver, there is huge market. For the towing truck drivers, there is huge market. For the sci fi enthusiast, there is huge market. Construction workers can power their entire jobsite on their truck vs a generator and etc. That seems like a silly question.

I'm a chevy guy and drive a chevy truck and fully intend on switching my primary truck to a tesla and keeping my chevy truck as a secondary.

Tesla doesnt even have dealerships. You buy the truck online. The dealership is unnecessary.

I'm not even a fanboy and I can see all that. To ignore it is just choosing to do so and assuming tradition.

but beyond all of this. If TSLA is selling the most cars....by FAR....you should announce EV credits at Tesla, not the manufacturer who only has one single EV and just released it. That chart I posted says it all. That's like announcing airplane credits and doing it at a samsung factory because they make a visor for airplanes.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

The Mach-E Mustang is a dud IMO. They never should have used the Mustang name with it. I've seen one on the road now and it looks worse in person than the pictures. Then the charging and tech in it is abysmal. The charging time for it is ridiculous from a couple reviews I've read.

One of the big things that isn't accounted for when comparing against the legacy car makers is tech. Ford et al. are all way behind in tech. They're licensing and buying it from other companies. It's one of the main reasons I've bought into Tesla and Lucid long term. Both companies have great tech that can move them beyond just the cars they produce. There's a reason they have better charging and range.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The drop in Tesla sales already went away. quickly. I can see the thought process that auto makers will take over but so far, I dont see it at all. Tesla is way ahead of the game.

Whats the market for the cybertruck? I dont understand the question. I'm a truck driver and offroader. I dont tow. I like EV and specifically Teslas. I have driven a few and absolutely love them however have no use for a sedan. The majority of driving I do ends up on dirt roads, in the woods and etc and my truck is my offroad RV. The truck has on board air compressors (which I carry now to air up and down tires), On board inverters (which I carry now for different power needs) and more. Just for my subset of truck driver, there is huge market. For the towing truck drivers, there is huge market. For the sci fi enthusiast, there is huge market. Construction workers can power their entire jobsite on their truck vs a generator and etc. That seems like a silly question.

I'm a chevy guy and drive a chevy truck and fully intend on switching my primary truck to a tesla and keeping my chevy truck as a secondary.

Tesla doesnt even have dealerships. You buy the truck online. The dealership is unnecessary.

I'm not even a fanboy and I can see all that. To ignore it is just choosing to do so and assuming tradition.

but beyond all of this. If TSLA is selling the most cars....by FAR....you should announce EV credits at Tesla, not the manufacturer who only has one single EV and just released it. That chart I posted says it all. That's like announcing airplane credits and doing it at a samsung factory because they make a visor for airplanes.

kind of sounds like it. Why do you care if it wasn’t at a Tesla plant(only non union automaker in the country more than likely why Biden wasn’t there)

Anybody who tells me about a product and points out nothing but stuff they think is positive I always look at side eyed. Hope the battery had gotten better cause if a huge complaint is it can’t handle the hills of a daily grind in the city idk how it’s going to do off road.

Cool factor sure I get it.

like I said they still rank dead last in quality and dependability?

I’m here in Northern California the Bay and I’ve done work at the Tesla plant in Fremont. I see Tesla dealerships here do they not have them in Arizona? I haven’t really looked when I go back home.

like I said this race is just beginning. If you like Tesla that’s awesome, but like I said I don’t see it ending well

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Mach-E Mustang is a dud IMO. They never should have used the Mustang name with it. I've seen one on the road now and it looks worse in person than the pictures. Then the charging and tech in it is abysmal. The charging time for it is ridiculous from a couple reviews I've read.

One of the big things that isn't accounted for when comparing against the legacy car makers is tech. Ford et al. are all way behind in tech. They're licensing and buying it from other companies. It's one of the main reasons I've bought into Tesla and Lucid long term. Both companies have great tech that can move them beyond just the cars they produce. There's a reason they have better charging and range.

but that’s the thing Tech is something you can buy. I can pay someone to do the tech side that’s fine, Rivian is going to do Ford and Amazon.

like watching Shark Tank someone goes on with a great product and the first question is always,” Well what’s to stop someone from stealing it”

what Tesla can’t match is the infrastructure of the big automakers and the ability to just mass produce and flood the market.

I think tech and sustainable energy is Tesla future. I not sure but I don’t think the car side has turned a profit yet after like 15 years, I think

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap these last few days in crypto

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap these last few days in crypto

It's no coincidence that Bitcoin hit its high just a few weeks after the stimmies went out. It was down 50% from the high at one point today.

Bitcoin ≠ currency
Bitcoin ≠ store of value
Bitcoin ≠ hedge against inflation

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

But the credits are for the manufacturers and dealers, not the customers. The price gets adjusted to take advantage of the credit; any "savings" to the customer is an illusion. Tesla doesn't need the incentive because they're already all-in for electric and have plenty of sales. The credit is exactly to give the laggards like Ford a boost toward catching up.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that Bitcoin hit its high just a few weeks after the stimmies went out. It was down 50% from the high at one point today.

Bitcoin ≠ currency
Bitcoin ≠ store of value
Bitcoin ≠ hedge against inflation
Parabolic moves up can sometimes be met with parabolic moves to the downside. Btc was most definitely an overcrowded trade/investment at 50 to 60k, IMO.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't seem to recall you saying that before the dip.

That is worth noting. I don't recall any warnings from the TA crowd. Plenty from the FA crowd, but they've also been eating crow for a couple years with TSLA's meteoric rise.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson