The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Amazon Prime)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At now boring show, slow and little entertaining
The story is convulded
Very poor acting and charisma displayed by actors, maybe the only one i like is the dwarf
The good thing it can only get better

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… the scale of the show is starting to wear a little thin because I’m just not hooking into the characters enough through five episodes.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I have to say that the 5th episode is my fave so far. that said, there's not a character that I am really rooting for or against

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yop.

Was that Mount Doom exploding or just another Volcano?
I assumed it was Mount Doom and the resulting explosion was how that region became so dark and dreary in the later movies and gave them their home.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed it was Mount Doom and the resulting explosion was how that region became so dark and dreary in the later movies and gave them their home.
That was my assumption too. Pretty cool if it was.

Again, this show is holding on to me with the scope and scale, but still doesn’t have me hungry for another episode once it’s done because I don’t really care about what happens to the characters.

Also, it’s got a little prequelitis that is unavoidable where I know certain characters aren’t going to die so the stakes around them are too low to build tension around.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my assumption too. Pretty cool if it was.

Again, this show is holding on to me with the scope and scale, but still doesn’t have me hungry for another episode once it’s done because I don’t really care about what happens to the characters.

Also, it’s got a little prequelitis that is unavoidable where I know certain characters aren’t going to die so the stakes around them are too low to build tension around.
I am starting to get there with a couple characters….finally. They are growing on me now that the story is moving along. I loved this last episode.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get there with a couple characters….finally. They are growing on me now that the story is moving along. I loved this last episode.
Last episode was easily the best of the bunch.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Last episode was easily the best of the bunch.
Wait, what? WHAT? I'm shocked that people loved that last episode. There was some "you should be fired and we should get a new writer's room" writing in that episode. I must go to spoiler land.

One elf is able to take down an entire tower while locking them all in with a bow and arrows? Okay, dumb, but not as dumb as "this village is highly defensible!" and "we'll make the tavern our fortress." Like, burn the effing tavern down, then scour the remains for the magical sword that can't be destroyed. But oh, that would mean the bad guys aren't lurking during the daylight, which they shouldn't have been stupid enough to do, so that the oh so perfectly timed, dawn-chasing cavalry can show up to save the day! Wow, they knew exactly where to go, too, and raced right there! Wild, that. That's not even getting into the whole none of those characters would live problems. Such bad, horrible writing. Sorry, they should all be dead, and I was rooting for them to die from sheer stupidity.

I mean, that was some seriously hack stuff, and I was expecting a bunch of posters to be just destroying this episode on here.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? WHAT? I'm shocked that people loved that last episode. There was some "you should be fired and we should get a new writer's room" writing in that episode. I must go to spoiler land.

One elf is able to take down an entire tower while locking them all in with a bow and arrows? Okay, dumb, but not as dumb as "this village is highly defensible!" and "we'll make the tavern our fortress." Like, burn the effing tavern down, then scour the remains for the magical sword that can't be destroyed. But oh, that would mean the bad guys aren't lurking during the daylight, which they shouldn't have been stupid enough to do, so that the oh so perfectly timed, dawn-chasing cavalry can show up to save the day! Wow, they knew exactly where to go, too, and raced right there! Wild, that. That's not even getting into the whole none of those characters would live problems. Such bad, horrible writing. Sorry, they should all be dead, and I was rooting for them to die from sheer stupidity.

I mean, that was some seriously hack stuff, and I was expecting a bunch of posters to be just destroying this episode on here.
Wait…what?!?!? They jury rigged the tower to fall. It was simply him shooting an arrow at it to make it collapse. They had planned it as trap. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Also, even if they burn the tavern down they would have had no idea it was under the brick which would not have burned or had any idea it was hidden there. They needed them alive to tell them where it was at. If they had burned everyone they never would have found it. They could have hidden is literally anywhere and they would have had no idea where to start.

The only point you made that has you wonder is holding up in the Tavern. Then again, they thought that maybe they stopped them and likely would not have been able to outrun the Orc army which is established in the films. So, even that is a pretty weak point IMO.

The only issue I have with that episode is why not have someone take the hilt far far away? It would have been a risk possibly and you take the risk of another human being influenced by it for sure which is seems to do. So, that is just a minor issue for me as well.

The stuff you mentioned wasn’t an issue at all IMO.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Wait…what?!?!? They jury rigged the tower to fall. It was simply him shooting an arrow at it to make it collapse. They had planned it as trap. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Also, even if they burn the tavern down they would have had no idea it was under the brick which would not have burned or had any idea it was hidden there. They needed them alive to tell them where it was at. If they had burned everyone they never would have found it. They could have hidden is literally anywhere and they would have had no idea where to start.

The only point you made that has you wonder is holding up in the Tavern. Then again, they thought that maybe they stopped them and likely would not have been able to outrun the Orc army which is established in the films. So, even that is a pretty weak point IMO.

The only issue I have with that episode is why not have someone take the hilt far far away? It would have been a risk possibly and you take the risk of another human being influenced by it for sure which is seems to do. So, that is just a minor issue for me as well.

The stuff you mentioned wasn’t an issue at all IMO.
It was season 8 GoT bad, IMO.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Says you. I'm a fantasy writer and reader, and when someone says "This wide open, wall-less village is highly defensible, I check out. I mean, how can you say that's not dumb?
No not says me. You literally described something in your first point that never happened. You said it was simply an arrow that brought down the tower. No it wasn’t.

You said they should have killed everyone yet then they would have no way of knowing where the hilt was. That defies logic.

The villagers couldn’t possibly outrun the orcs which is established in the films based on the speed and stamina which they have.

None of those points holds up unless you were not following the logic of those scenes.

I read fantasy too.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I really don't get how anyone can defend this writing. The dialog is bad and there's no logic to anything. There's no concept of time and space. It's just bad. You really have to turn off your brain for this show.

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't get how anyone can defend this writing. The dialog is bad and there's no logic to anything. There's no concept of time and space. It's just bad. You really have to turn off your brain for this show.

You already made up your mind about the show BEFORE it started based on multiple false premises so I take your criticisms with a grain of salt. You made it obvious you will never point out anything good about the show. You are just going to lurk and nitpick every chance you get.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Says you. I'm a fantasy writer and reader, and when someone says "This wide open, wall-less village is highly defensible, I check out. I mean, how can you say that's not dumb?
That’s great but when I say I am in television and have produced and edited multiple feature films, I’m certainly not respected for it. I’m not sure bragging about you being a writer is going to matter much in the internet.

I don’t agree with your opinion on this one, but you being a writer isn’t going to impress anyone, especially since this is entertainment and of course everyone is an expert when it comes to entertainment.

(Please note: I agree with Covert on this and the above is not to disparage his opinion in any way.)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Um what? Are you actually watching this show? After what you said before? That’s actually hilarious.

And pretty sure there aren’t 4 levels of horses in that ship.

Stout

Reaction score
That’s great but when I say I am in television and have produced and edited multiple feature films, I’m certainly not respected for it. I’m not sure bragging about you being a writer is going to matter much in the internet.

I don’t agree with your opinion on this one, but you being a writer isn’t going to impress anyone, especially since this is entertainment and of course everyone is an expert when it comes to entertainment.

(Please note: I agree with Covert on this and the above is not to disparage his opinion in any way.)
I wasn't trying to claim celebrity status or toot my own horn. Just trying to put what I was saying into perspective and why my opinion is shaded the way it is. This ep would get absolutely torched in critique.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Plus just because you do a job doesn’t make you great or an expert at it. I have worked with lots of people that were bad to mediocre at their jobs. Nor does it mean by default every thought you have is logical.

None of those critics make any sense. The only critique I have read that I think is valid to this point is that some of the dialogue is wonky and the way the story has played out it’s been hard to get attached to characters.

THOSE ARE LEGIT.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to claim celebrity status or toot my own horn. Just trying to put what I was saying into perspective and why my opinion is shaded the way it is. This ep would get absolutely torched in critique.
I’m a writer as well, and classically trained in Creative Writing, and yes, there are a few minor issues with it, but I heavily disagree that it’s making the show terrible.

Stout

Reaction score
I’m a writer as well, and classically trained in Creative Writing, and yes, there are a few minor issues with it, but I heavily disagree that it’s making the show terrible.
Whoa, I didn't say the show. I've loved the show. I said this last episode, specifically. Otherwise it's been nails.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr