The Lakers just topped the Mavs

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
These are my two least favorite teams in the NBA. Sucks that both teams just can't lose. I dont know how I should feel about this outcome. Some help please :confused:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy that the world won't be talking about the Mavs winning 16 in a row and our streak forgotten.

Thanks Lakers...for tonight.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Of course this proves that the Lakers are the best team in the league.

mribnik

Reaction score
The Lakers always play the Mavs very well. They haven't lost a season series to them in a while.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^Maybe the Lakers can knock the Mavs out in the playoffs before the Suns have to play them....though the bracket probably won't align for that to happen.

I don't dislike the Mavs, even though they are the Suns main competition, I like their up tempo play and athletic shooting players. My two "dis"favorites are the Lakers and Spurs, when they play each other, I cheer for a meteor.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate the lakers, but I have to admit they're good. Especially when they have odom. Right now, I think Phil is coach of the year.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
If not, then they'll run to their past to make them feel better.

When are we going to except the fact that Phil is The Master Jedi, Kobe is His Padewan (sp? Star Wars Geeks, need some help there), and they allow the Suns to play in their World.

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
Of course this proves that the Lakers are the best team in the league.

I don't think we are the best team in the league right now, but we definetly belong in the elite of the league. Injuries are no excuse, but we are holding up pretty well for a team without two starters. Especially considering the two guys out are both from the front court.

Right now, the only teams that I consider better than us are the Suns and the Mavs. We beat the Suns without Kobe and are 1-1 against the Mavs without Lamar. Of course the games we won out of those have been at home. I know the prevailing thought around here is that we are a fraud, but we have been playing at a pretty high level lately even without two important pieces.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People were starting to forget about the Suns streak with the Mavs on a run. Glad it's over. Hopefully, the Suns go on another streak. I think because of the way team will be seeded this year, the regular season record will be very important.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are my two least favorite teams in the NBA. Sucks that both teams just can't lose. I dont know how I should feel about this outcome. Some help please :confused:

I have to agree although SA (with Ginobili) is a close third. Sadly, I was rooting for the Lakers yesterday against the Mavs. :eek:

I just didn't want to hear more about the Mavs winning streak.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When are we going to except the fact that Phil is The Master Jedi, Kobe is His Padewan (sp? Star Wars Geeks, need some help there), and they allow the Suns to play in their World.

The sooner, the better. :D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When they actually win anything in the post Shaq era.

:p

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we are the best team in the league right now, but we definetly belong in the elite of the league. Injuries are no excuse, but we are holding up pretty well for a team without two starters. Especially considering the two guys out are both from the front court.

Right now, the only teams that I consider better than us are the Suns and the Mavs. We beat the Suns without Kobe and are 1-1 against the Mavs without Lamar. Of course the games we won out of those have been at home. I know the prevailing thought around here is that we are a fraud, but we have been playing at a pretty high level lately even without two important pieces.

The Lakers are anything but a fraud. They will be a dangerous dangerous team come playoff time.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The Lakers are definately a top 5 team in the league. I'd put Dallas 1st, Suns 2nd and then 3-5 is a toss up between the Lakers, Spurs, & Jazz with the Pistons, Cavs and even the Rockets (if they ever get healthy) close on their heels. The Bulls, Wizards & Magic have been playing well lately too to round out a top 10.

Once Denver gets JR Smith & Carmello back from suspension, they could be a tough team as well. The west is stacked and the east is finally coming around and getting a few top teams. It's going to be an interesting season.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Anyone who has seen the Lakers play this year without blinders on will admit they're a legit squad. You don't have all their injury problems with their record and still beat the likes of San Antoinio, Dallas, and Phoenix unless you're doing something right. Are they championship caliber? Most definitely not (they can be if/when Bynum and Farmar develop), but any team with a surefire HOF player in his prime and perhaps the best coach in NBA history is dangerous. For me they're only behind the Mavs and Spurs as far as teams I want to avoid come playoff time.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
If PHX and the Lakers wind up in the opposite bracket, I'm predicting a collision in the Western Conference Finals.

(Barring any major injuries, of course.)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If PHX and the Lakers wind up in the opposite bracket, I'm predicting a collision in the Western Conference Finals.

(Barring any major injuries, of course.)

Boy, that would sure be something insane to watch.

If we end up in Dallas' bracket we could get there. For whatever reason, the Lakers match up insanely well with the Mavs. I don't think the Lakers have any fear of them, at all. San Antonio however, is rough for us, although we've beat them this year.

I won't think much on this, but if it came to a Suns/Lakers WCF it would be the most watched event of the year.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers are good. So are too damned many other teams in the West. This year may be the best the West has ever been, in terms of number of teams with legitimate shots at the NBA finals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison