The Kingdom

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess soon I will own it on Blu-Ray ;)

not soon at all. They will be much more focused on releasing new releases on Bluray, then going back and filling the old catalogs

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I haven't seen this yet. I'm hoping Blockbuster has it on rental so I can watch it this weekend.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread on this watched it last night. Was pretty good I thought and the scenes from the car chase on the 202 were pretty cool.

If you liked those scenes, you should watch it on DVD and drive around the compound formerly known as Williams Air Force Base. I took my wife there after watching it in the theater, and it was a very surreal moment. Kept waiting for two crazy terrorists to slide around the corner in their truck.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scary part is where the terrorists are about to behead one of the Americans

Reminiscent of (but not as good as) Ethan Hawke's bathtub scene in "Training Day." Now THAT was intense (and Oscar worthy... Hawke got screwed).

The "beheading scene" was very good, though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the movie. Worth watching again.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just re-read the thread...I lol'd at this:
But another movie that relies on shaky handheld camera movements. I'm ready for that fad to pass... :D

Thanks for the warning. It makes me queasy. I'll probably pass.
I had forgotten all about this thread/comment. I told dcr after it was over that some of the camera scenes made me queasy...

I want to get it at a firesale. I rente it and the HD DVD is amazing. While it was being filmed I lived about a half mile away at Power Ranch. It is amazing what they can do with a set. Th especial features are awesome on that disc. Come on Best buy...FIRESALE
I think dcr got it for $5.99 or something crazy like that. Too bad you missed it!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just watched it. I thought it was good, but not quite as good as everyone else in this thread. It kept my interest from start to finish, but it never really totally sucked me in. Maybe it was the silly shaking camera, I'm not quite sure.

Jennifer Garner collapsed on the set in Phoenix twice due to the extremely high temperature, over 115 degrees Fahrenheit.

Wimp.:D

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched it. I thought it was good, but not quite as good as everyone else in this thread. It kept my interest from start to finish, but it never really totally sucked me in. Maybe it was the silly shaking camera, I'm not quite sure.

Jennifer Garner collapsed on the set in Phoenix twice due to the extremely high temperature, over 115 degrees Fahrenheit.

Wimp.:D

Hell..... I fought fire in 122 degree heat and never passed out. Wimp for sure!!! :D

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Talk about bringing up an old thread. 7 years old. You search for this thread?

Reaction score
They did some of the filming by my shop in Chandler. Had their trailers parked right in front of my office window for 2 weeks. I kept watching for Jennifer Garner but they kept her covered up when they would move her to the set. I could have easily ran over Jason Bateman on the other hand. He was standing outside of his trailer one morning sipping coffee as I drove by to work. :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn