Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garner joins Foxx's "Kingdom"

Reuters
Fri May 05, 2006

Jennifer Garner is in talks to star opposite Jamie Foxx in the thriller "The Kingdom."

Chris Cooper also co-stars in the Universal Pictures film, which revolves around an FBI team on assignment in a Middle Eastern country investigating a terrorist bombing in one of the compounds housing Western workers.

Peter Berg ("Friday Night Lights") is directing. Universal is eyeing a June start date. Garner's film credits include "Elektra" and "13 Going on 30."

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Loop 202 to close on 3 weekends for movie filming

Jul. 20, 2006 10:00 AM

The first rule of the road is never to cut off someone brandishing a rocket launcher.

That rule and several others will be put to the test starting next week on the Red Mountain Freeway when filming of the movie The Kingdom takes over part of Loop 202 for three weekends.

The freeway will be shut down between Higley and Power roads. advertisement

The movie, which stars Jamie Foxx, focuses on a bombing in the Middle East. Filming has been ongoing since mid-June in and around Arizona State University Polytechnic in Mesa. Arizona Department of Transportation spokeswoman Jodi Sorrell said ADOT is not receiving any money for providing the location, but the film crew will reimburse for any changes in signage, striping and landscaping as well as any repairs needed.

The closures will be from 10:30 p.m. next Thursday through 5 a.m. Monday, July 31, and then again from 10:30 p.m. Aug. 4 to 5 a.m. Aug. 7 and from 10:30 p.m. Aug. 10 to 5 a.m. Aug. 14. All traffic will be forced to exit and enter the freeway at Higley Road.

- Lars Jacoby

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This movie looks like it could be pretty good based on what I saw in the trailer and hasn't a decent cast as well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kingdom

Release Date: September 28, 2007
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Peter Berg
Screenwriter: Matthew Michael Carnahan
Genre: Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for intense sequences of graphic brutal violence, and language)

Starring: Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Jeremy Piven, Danny Huston, Richard Jenkins

Plot Summary: Academy Award® winner Jamie Foxx leads an all-star ensemble in a timely thriller that tracks a powder-keg criminal investigation shared by two cultures chasing a deadly enemy ready to strike again in "The Kingdom."

When a terrorist bomb detonates inside a Western housing compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, an international incident is ignited. While diplomats slowly debate equations of territorialism, FBI Special Agent Ronald Fleury (Foxx) quickly assembles an elite team (Oscar® winner Chris Cooper and Golden Globe winners Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman) and negotiates a secret five-day trip into Saudi Arabia to locate the madman behind the bombing.

Upon landing in the desert kingdom, however, Fleury and his team discover Saudi authorities suspicious and unwelcoming of American interlopers into what they consider a local matter. Hamstrung by protocol—and with the clock ticking on their five days—the FBI agents find their expertise worthless without the trust of their Saudi counterparts, who want to locate the terrorist in their homeland on their own terms.

Fleury’s crew finds a like-minded partner in Saudi Colonel Al-Ghazi (Ashraf Barhoum), who helps them navigate royal politics and unlock the secrets of the crime scene and the workings of an extremist cell bent on further destruction. With these unlikely allies sharing a propulsive commitment to crack the case, the team is led to the killer's front door in a blistering do-or-die confrontation. Now in a fight for their own lives, strangers united by one mission won't stop until justice is found in "The Kingdom."

You must be registered for see images

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the 12:00 showing last night. Freaking damn good movie. Good performances all the way around. Very Intense! :thumbup:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait!!! The freeway scenes were filmed right by my fire station (Recker and the 202) and we got to watch some of it. It was funny watching them put up all the highway signs in Arabic.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pretty solid movie, it actually seemed shorter than it really was. Very chilling, especially in the opening. But another movie that relies on shaky handheld camera movements. I'm ready for that fad to pass... :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. It makes me queasy. I'll probably pass.

It wasnt bad at all. This was a fantastic movie. You really will be missing out.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That shaky camera gave me a little bit of a headache but I LOVED the movie. Jamie Foxx and Jason Bateman were both awesome...not to mention the lead Arab actor (don't know his name).

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
This movie, without a doubt, is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was very poignant. From both ends, the world is a very violent place when you are trying to protect two very important, yet two very different ideals.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread on this watched it last night. Was pretty good I thought and the scenes from the car chase on the 202 were pretty cool.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That movie ruled. I want to buy it on HD DVD. Yeah, you heard me. HD DVD!!!!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eat my dust biotch! :)

I already bought it YES on HD-DVD.

I want to get it at a firesale. I rente it and the HD DVD is amazing. While it was being filmed I lived about a half mile away at Power Ranch. It is amazing what they can do with a set. Th especial features are awesome on that disc. Come on Best buy...FIRESALE

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn