Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the novels of Mark Greaney? Check
Screenplay by the Russo Brothers (and some others)? Check
Directed by the Russo Brothers? Check
Cast includes Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Billy Bob Thornton, and Alfre Woodard? Check
$200 million budget? Check
Netflix? Check

Can't wait.

:grabs:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the book series. One of my favorites and can't wait for the twelfth book in the series but haven't watched the flick yet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly, as the reviews indicate, it's not for everyone but my wife and I absolutely loved it. Not a whole lot of character development, just a lot of action and some occasional snappy dialogue. Chris Evans was great as a psychotic killer and Gosling was very believable in his role. I would have liked a little more wrap-up at the end but I assumed they were either following the book or they kept a couple bad guys alive in case of sequels.

Anyway, I have no idea how it compares to the novels as I haven't read any of them. Yet.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Clearly, as the reviews indicate, it's not for everyone but my wife and I absolutely loved it. Not a whole lot of character development, just a lot of action and some occasional snappy dialogue. Chris Evans was great as a psychotic killer and Gosling was very believable in his role. I would have liked a little more wrap-up at the end but I assumed they were either following the book or they kept a couple bad guys alive in case of sequels.

Anyway, I have no idea how it compares to the novels as I haven't read any of them. Yet.

This was my opinion as well. Never read the books, but I thought the movie was entertaining. Looking forward to the next one as it appears that Netflix has given the sequel a green light.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson