The Fall of Nash

OP
OP
ProdigalSun

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The way I see it, it's going too far to wish Nash's "destruction". I hope he goes out on the highest note possible without the Lakers team actually seeing any success. However, when push comes to shove, would I want to see him play well enough to give the Lakers any success? Hell No.

That's the best way I can put in into terms.

My feelings on Nash are similar. I appreciate the success that he brought us but am not disappointed in the least that he hasn't brought the same success to the Lakers

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the Nash haters would crawl in a hole and die.

Remember the Suns first star played for the Lakers once too:

You must be registered for see images attach

Its pro sports, the players don't take the rivalries as seriously as you do. Get a life.

The Suns Lakers rivalry wasn't even barely started by that time.. Two different times in Suns history.. Smh

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I see it, it's going too far to wish Nash's "destruction". I hope he goes out on the highest note possible without the Lakers team actually seeing any success. However, when push comes to shove, would I want to see him play well enough to give the Lakers any success? Hell No.

That's the best way I can put in into terms.

I'm not wishing his destruction, I'm just enjoying it, while in a Lakers uniform..

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jesus...really? We need to crawl in a hole
And die because we hate a Laker? Sorry, but it's i fathomable to me that Suns fans are now being actually attacked and wished death upon for enjoying the destruction of a Laker.

I think it's a pretty dumb comment but do you actually feel attacked? Sounded like hyperbole to me but just in case I'd make sure I'm not near any other Nash haters if you come across a big hole. I have no idea why he wants you all in the same hole, maybe so you guys will have something to talk about while you're expiring down there?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a pretty dumb comment but do you actually feel attacked? Sounded like hyperbole to me but just in case I'd make sure I'm not near any other Nash haters if you come across a big hole. I have no idea why he wants you all in the same hole, maybe so you guys will have something to talk about while you're expiring down there?

Wishing death upon people, telling them to get a life is done for one reason only...to start a fight. I'm not gonna take the bait and fight back, but on this board? Yeah, telling people to get a life or die ain't kosher and does nothing for the conversation.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be, but there are some fans who resent Nash for signing with the Lakers.

I agree, Nash will be in the Suns Ring of Honor. Also, he will be in the Naismith Hall of Fame. Then all the naysayers will jump back on the wagon.

Time heals all wounds.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yup...they somehow kept Nash upright, brought Shaq back to momentary prominence and pretty much resurrected Grant Hill from the dead. Literally, the next year for EACH of those guy, they pretty much completely broke down.

To me, this is the most ignored fact when talking about Phoenix as an organization. The media doesn't like to talk about this stuff for some reason, but the front office better have that as the first sentence in their pitch to potential stars.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, this is the most ignored fact when talking about Phoenix as an organization. The media doesn't like to talk about this stuff for some reason, but the front office better have that as the first sentence in their pitch to potential stars.

That training staff is a group of freaking miracle workers.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
I wish the Nash haters would crawl in a hole and die.

Remember the Suns first star played for the Lakers once too:

You must be registered for see images attach

Its pro sports, the players don't take the rivalries as seriously as you do. Get a life.

Insane comment.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash is a Laker, I wish him no success whatsoever in that role.

It does not mean I do not appreciate what he did here. Once he retires, and has no further impact on the Lakers, he's fine.

I think this is the most common thinking of Suns fans, and it makes perfect sense to me. I have no plans to curl up and die any time soon.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Nash for what he did here, but I hope that he, and anyone else wearing a Laker uniform blows ass. So do I feel bad that his career is at his lowest point? No, not in the slightest. Nash could have gone just about anywhere, he chose LA and now he is paying the price for making a deal with the devil.

Once he is out of their uniform then I might actually like him more for having been a disaster for them, like some sort of double agent.

As for the Spurs being worse? No, not at all. I dislike the Spurs but I have a grudging respect for them and the way they run their organization. While the Lakers are a team who employs a rapist, has trash fans, builds by poaching players from other teams and built a "dynasty" in the 2000s thanks mostly to some of the most bogus officiating in NBA history. **** the Lakers.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nash going to the Spurs would have topped it off. IMO, it would have been much worse than him going to the Lakers. Good point.

Same here, I hate the Spurs way more than I hate the Lakers.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I save my hatred for things that matter. Restaurants that put cream in their spaghetti sauce without disclosing this fact. Telemarketers. Phone support people that do not speak clearly in the language they are providing support for, especially when they are hands-free in a noisy call center. Food commercials, one after the other, when I've decided to drop a couple of pounds. You know - the things that truly matter. Lakers? Spurs? Who dey?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Nash is a Laker, I wish him no success whatsoever in that role.

It does not mean I do not appreciate what he did here. Once he retires, and has no further impact on the Lakers, he's fine.

I think this is the most common thinking of Suns fans, and it makes perfect sense to me. I have no plans to curl up and die any time soon.

Stay away from large holes. ;)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

The Spurs are more recent. The Lakers hate goes all the way back to the 80's for me.

Spurs are much more recent and heated but the Lakers have history.

HooverDam

Reaction score
My comment was hyperbole, and not meant seriously, sorry if anyone took offense.

But really if you hate Nash, you really do need to get a life. He was one of the great Suns of all time, who cares if he's a Laker now? Lots of great players finish out their careers with other teams, sometimes rival teams. It's not college sports where the rivalries mean a lot more and have political, social and historical reasons you wouldn't cross a line. Its the NBA, guys change teams all the damned time, get over it.

If you're going to hate Nash because he spent a couple of injury plagued non productive years in a Laker jersey, I really feel bad for you. It just seems petty and pathetic. Enjoy the memories of Nash with the Suns, him rehabbing in Staples Center does't effect those memories one way or another.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My comment was hyperbole, and not meant seriously, sorry if anyone took offense.

But really if you hate Nash, you really do need to get a life. He was one of the great Suns of all time, who cares if he's a Laker now? Lots of great players finish out their careers with other teams, sometimes rival teams. It's not college sports where the rivalries mean a lot more and have political, social and historical reasons you wouldn't cross a line. Its the NBA, guys change teams all the damned time, get over it.

If you're going to hate Nash because he spent a couple of injury plagued non productive years in a Laker jersey, I really feel bad for you. It just seems petty and pathetic. Enjoy the memories of Nash with the Suns, him rehabbing in Staples Center does't effect those memories one way or another.

You just can't help yourself but to continue to insult people, huh? Why not just drop the insults, say how YOU feel about Nash and just accept other people feel differently?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm a Suns fan. Anyone who wears the jersey I root for, anyone who doesn't I root against. It's pretty simple. It's likely I will never understand the fans that root for players and follow them from team to team.

This is entertainment, I don't take sports too seriously and I don't feel an allegiance to any player, only the team. I'll appreciate Nash when he retires and no longer is a part of another franchise.

I can't stand Shaq or Marbury, but I sucked it up and cheered for them when they wore the uniform. Nash was one of my favorite Suns ever. Now he's the enemy playing for my most hated franchise in the NBA. It's nothing personal, but to hell with him.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm a Suns fan. Anyone who wears the jersey I root for, anyone who doesn't I root against. It's pretty simple. It's likely I will never understand the fans that root for players and follow them from team to team.

This is entertainment, I don't take sports too seriously and I don't feel an allegiance to any player, only the team. I'll appreciate Nash when he retires and no longer is a part of another franchise.

I can't stand Shaq or Marbury, but I sucked it up and cheered for them when they wore the uniform. Nash was one of my favorite Suns ever. Now he's the enemy playing for my most hated franchise in the NBA. It's nothing personal, but to hell with him.

You're saying "he's a Laker, I hate all Lakers". Most of us feel that way.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score

Holy s**t. This is the worst apology ever. You might now have to issue an apology for all the insults you threw out during your last apology.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score

he sucks right now because he's a Laker.

Steve was great in what he did from bell to bell and when he was no longer capable of that stamina, he went to the Lakers and we got draft picks. 'Not bad for the Suns.

All of this.

Too bad for him that he is injured and facing the end of his career but I can't really feel sorry for him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who is saying Nash being with the Lakers effects their memories of him as a Sun? People HATE the Lakers, Nash, by his own design, is now a Laker... so **** the Lakers, **** their players. I'm enjoying every second of their mutual misery.

People here will probably reevaluate their feelings on him once he retires, but for now he is in bed with the enemy. And I think it might be a bit different if Nash had been more straight forward with his reasoning, his "I want to be close to my kids" stuff was laughable even before it was proven to be a lie when he went to court to keep his kids out of California.

But if you get so worked up about people disliking the Lakers that you wish death upon them (even as hyperbole) then its you who is pathetic and needs to get a life.

We are sports fans, if we are not going to root for our own teams and hate their rivals then whats the point?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is a good post although the previous post was a bit over the top, an exaggeration, which most of us are guilty of doing once in awhile.

I do not understand those who hate on Nash, even if he wears a Lakers uniform, because he wanted to continue his career with the Suns. The Suns did not provide him this opportunity, the Lakers did. As I recall, Lon Babby went on and on about he wanted Nash to retire a Sun. This turned out to be all gibberish. Nash was pushed out the door. He received a 3 year 27 million dollar deal from the Lakers and still be near the Valley. How many posters would turn down that type of money? But yet they are so righteous in their hate. I understand why Nash wears a Lakers uniform and not a Suns uniform. I guess the haters would also like to send the 4 draft picks and 3 million dollars back to the Lakers as it is tainted. There is much hypocrisy by some posters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard