The exits are to the left and to the right.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Maybe your pissed about something going on outside of football?

:oops:

+1

Nobody is telling you to like Whiz, or anything. But it loses its effectiveness after the 30th or 40th post on the subject. Emmoting all over the board doesn't help either. Trust me I know from my own meltdowns.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The man that took us to two NFC West Championships, one NFC Championship and a Superbowl, has decided this is the team he is going to war with!
IMHO, he deserves at least some consideration, if not our respect.
Kurt Warner is making FO decisions?

:D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The man that took us to two NFC West Championships, one NFC Championship and a Superbowl, has decided this is the team he is going to war with!
IMHO, he deserves at least some consideration, if not our respect.

Two games into the saeson, really????

I've been here through thick and thin. Sat on steel bleachers in SDS in August and September and cheered on the worst of the worst for many years.

Are there issues? Absolutely!
Botton line though.
The Arixona Cardinals are the NFC West Champions and any challenge to that fact comes through Arizona.
If you think the coaches and players don't know that you are sorely mistaken!

As I said the band wagon exits are to the left and to the right.
Watch your step!

HERE - HERE!!!! +1:thumbup:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I beginning to think some of the people on here love bitching so much, they long for the old days when they could bitch after every game.:D

chickenhead

Reaction score
No one's jumping off, they're just fighting in the backseat.

I'll be honest and say that the more demanding expectations are nice for a change.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
I didn't sit around my living room listening to Cardinal games on the radio as a kid to bail after 1 bad game (or season).

Plus, to pick any other team would just be arbitrary at this point.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Whiz decided he didn't want to go to war with Matty.
Done deal, no matter how much you whine the fact remains the same.
Exits to the left, exits to the right.
Watch your step.

After rooting for this team for 40 plus years i am not giving up now.Many people feel Whiz screwed the pooch with his choice.If you can`t understand that then you got a problem.
Speaking up about the coaches choice is one of the things this board is for.You call it whining.I call it expressing dissatisfaction.
So take your exit nonsense and stuff it.Last i heard this isn`t 1940 Germany and you are the posting policeman.:mad:

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
3. The day I listen to an LA Lakers fan living in Phoenix making bold statements about the Cardinals and "bandwagon" in the same sentence is a cold day in hell

Wow, really? So does that mean someone who has been a fan since the St. Louis days can call an Arizonan a "bandwagon" fan? Because of the length of time someone has been a fan, or the fact that they root for a team from another city in ANOTHER sport. What does that have to do with the CARDINALS, and the NFL?

Anyone who has been following this team since BEFORE 2008 is not a "bandwagon" jumper in my mind, and I've been on this ride since the 70's.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
My prediction at the start of the season was 16-0...I was wrong.

15-1 here we come!

:koolaid:

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Atlanta game was ugly, but it only counts as one loss in the standings. The Cardinals also were missing 2 key playmakers on offense, they will be back. For the record, how many teams in NFL history have ever started out 2-0 on the road? I'd be willing to bet the number is very small. One other stat not to be overlooked, Atlanta is 14-3 at home over the last 2 years and now this year.

Who the heck are the two key playmakers you are talking about? It can't be Wells because the first time he fumbles he goes back into the Whiz doghouse and doesn't sniff the field. Besides Whiz is apparently a passing first coach so the run game does not impact the game as much as we would like it to.

I can't think of who you are referring to as the second guy, Fitz, THT, Breaston all played and there aren't any playmakers after these guys.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

HaHa! I forgot about him because he spends more time in the training room than the field.

You can't really call him an impact player because he's not on the field enough to make an impact. Doucet makes Boldin look like an iron man.

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
Who the heck are the two key playmakers you are talking about? It can't be Wells because the first time he fumbles he goes back into the Whiz doghouse and doesn't sniff the field. Besides Whiz is apparently a passing first coach so the run game does not impact the game as much as we would like it to.

I can't think of who you are referring to as the second guy, Fitz, THT, Breaston all played and there aren't any playmakers after these guys.

Doucet and Wells. You call yourself a Cardinals fan? :confused:

I guess you're gonna slam Doucet now, one of the fastest players on the team with a ton of potential.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Doucet and Wells. You call yourself a Cardinals fan? :confused:

I guess you're gonna slam Doucet now, one of the fastest players on the team with a ton of potential.

Hey facts are facts. Like it or not Doucet has spent more time injured than playing. I think he can be the next Boldin but not if he's always injured.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I very much disagree. I've been with the team through thick and thin. I've rooted for the Cards since the move to the desert. I've damned well earned my stripes, and if I want to rip the team when they damned well deserve to be ripped, I'll rip them. I'm not a bandwagoner, and just because I want to rip the team when they need it and deserve it doesn't make me want to stop rooting for the team. Get off the high horse and deal with horrific losses however you want to deal with them, and don't tell others how to do it.

Bravo Stout.Well said:)

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I very much disagree. I've been with the team through thick and thin. I've rooted for the Cards since the move to the desert. I've damned well earned my stripes, and if I want to rip the team when they damned well deserve to be ripped, I'll rip them. I'm not a bandwagoner, and just because I want to rip the team when they need it and deserve it doesn't make me want to stop rooting for the team. Get off the high horse and deal with horrific losses however you want to deal with them, and don't tell others how to do it.

Could not have said it better myself.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I need to go to the ASFN halftime meet to get the free glasses and Kool-Aid so I can call myself a real Cards fan on ASFN. That is why I just can't get on board with Whisenhunt's debacle of a season. Those glasses will make it all seem better and the Kool-Aid will help me stomach DA vs the Raiders. Until that happens I am just not a true fan no matter what.

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
I didn't sit around my living room listening to Cardinal games on the radio as a kid to bail after 1 bad game (or season).

Plus, to pick any other team would just be arbitrary at this point.

Ditto...how long did we suffer before having expectations like we do now? A home game on TV happend 1 time a year when the Cowboys came to town. So, now people are flipping out because we are 1-1 and set football back 40 years losing to the Falcons on the road without a quarterback and on a day the defense stayed home?

On to Week 3

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This thread is mucho funny. My first Cards (attended that is) game was in '89, the last one I went to was in '09. Craptacular or spectacular, I ride this ride because I simply can't get off. I will always "Cardinal up" every season, (barring the lock out) this is my team.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ditto...how long did we suffer before having expectations like we do now? A home game on TV happend 1 time a year when the Cowboys came to town. So, now people are flipping out because we are 1-1 and set football back 40 years losing to the Falcons on the road without a quarterback and on a day the defense stayed home?

On to Week 3

I have a crazy idea. Post more!

:thumbup:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Whiz decided he didn't want to go to war with Matty.
Done deal, no matter how much you whine the fact remains the same.
Exits to the left, exits to the right.
Watch your step.

I was watching this team so long ago they were good when I got hooked, although that's not required to become a fan of a team it's worth studying how they got so many loyal fans being so bad so long.

The thing is I've seen a lot and I'm still a fan and fans have a right to question the team, especially this team, it's an earned right.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Dude I was at so many games at SDS, watched coaches throw Shaun King, John Navarre, Josh McCown, Dave Krieg, Jay Schroeder etc. out there. I can take it with DA. He sucks, but the Cards will still be here long after he is gone, and so will I.

I do miss going to the games though. Once my son is a little older and I can take him, I'll be right back there with you guys at UofP no matter what donkey QB management throws at us :D

I will never forget the Minnesota game with the McCown pass to Nathan Poole I believe to know the purple out of the palyoffs. One of many memories.

Let me add Tom tupa, Stan Gilbaugh, Kent Graham, Tony Sacca.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lame thread! We as fans have the right to question dumb decisions by the hc no matter what you think of it O! Doesn't mean were bandwagon fans get over yourself!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I beginning to think some of the people on here love bitching so much, they long for the old days when they could bitch after every game.:D

We're only 28-21 the last three seasons and just lost 41-7 last Sunday. You Pollyannas act like the Cards have won the last 3 Super Bowls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson