The exits are to the left and to the right.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The man that took us to two NFC West Championships, one NFC Championship and a Superbowl, has decided this is the team he is going to war with!
IMHO, he deserves at least some consideration, if not our respect.

Two games into the saeson, really????

I've been here through thick and thin. Sat on steel bleachers in SDS in August and September and cheered on the worst of the worst for many years.

Are there issues? Absolutely!
Botton line though.
The Arixona Cardinals are the NFC West Champions and any challenge to that fact comes through Arizona.
If you think the coaches and players don't know that you are sorely mistaken!

As I said the band wagon exits are to the left and to the right.
Watch your step!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where's a S.A.F.E. guy when you need one? Get this ranting lunatic out of here! Security !!

J/K :D

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I too have made posts like this before, maybe after watching the 1998 highlight video and a few Kilt Lifters. Then reality sets in and you realize that no matter how much you want Derek Anderson to be good, he really does suck and Whiz screwed the pooch. If you think this week was bad, losing to the Raiders will make this week seem like a week in Hawaii.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The man that took us to two NFC West Championships, one NFC Championship and a Superbowl, has decided this is the team he is going to war with!

I've been here through thick and thin. Sat on steel bleachers in SDS in August and September and cheered on the worst of the worst for many years.

Botton line though.
The Arixona Cardinals are the NFC West Champions and any challenge to that fact comes through Arizona.

Watch your step!

If we can push #3 out either side of the wagon & rapidly drive away I would feel more comfortable.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hey, I predicted 10 W's this season... guess I'm driving the damn bandwagon...
Sunday was very deflating and I hope nothing but a one game anomaly. Unfortunately, I think this team is in serious transition mode. Lots of newbies and lots of players who won't be here next year or in 2012. Hard to say exactly who is the core of the team anymore. Dockett and A-Dub of course. But, hard to say who will actually be here beyond '11 and '12. And, while I still put a ton of faith in Whiz, our QB situation is seriously hurting. DA we know is certainly not the long term solution. Hall and/or Skelton? Who knows... Wll Fitz choose to stay after his contract is up?
Will our o-line, for the first time in decades, finally come together anytime soon?
Will Williams emerge as a legit NFL Nose Tackle? Will Beanie ever see the field again?
We are extremely thin at WR, with two UDFA's in the top 4 of our rotation.

It essentially boils down to "In Whiz we must Trust", as there isn't much else... And, since we are already the #2 most penalized team in the league (2nd only to the Raiders), I admit I am starting to wonder why Whiz can't fix this problem...

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I too have made posts like this before, maybe after watching the 1998 highlight video and a few Kilt Lifters. Then reality sets in and you realize that no matter how much you want Derek Anderson to be good, he really does suck and Whiz screwed the pooch. If you think this week was bad, losing to the Raiders will make this week seem like a week in Hawaii.

I refuse to jump off the train only because I have been on it for to many years. I am headed for a week in Hawaii however on Friday:p

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Whiz decided he didn't want to go to war with Matty.
Done deal, no matter how much you whine the fact remains the same.
Exits to the left, exits to the right.
Watch your step.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude I was at so many games at SDS, watched coaches throw Shaun King, John Navarre, Josh McCown, Dave Krieg, Jay Schroeder etc. out there. I can take it with DA. He sucks, but the Cards will still be here long after he is gone, and so will I.

I do miss going to the games though. Once my son is a little older and I can take him, I'll be right back there with you guys at UofP no matter what donkey QB management throws at us :D

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This division is Seattle's to lose right now. They have the best QB.

The same "best qb" that followed up a decent performance in week one with 3 INT's in a blowout loss to the Broncos? I'd take Bradford over any of these clowns already.

Regardless of who "wins" the division, this division has the potential to be one of the worst in league history.

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
The Atlanta game was ugly, but it only counts as one loss in the standings. The Cardinals also were missing 2 key playmakers on offense, they will be back. For the record, how many teams in NFL history have ever started out 2-0 on the road? I'd be willing to bet the number is very small. One other stat not to be overlooked, Atlanta is 14-3 at home over the last 2 years and now this year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Atlanta game was ugly, but it only counts as one loss in the standings. The Cardinals also were missing 2 key playmakers on offense, they will be back. For the record, how many teams in NFL history have ever started out 2-0 on the road? I'd be willing to bet the number is very small. One other stat not to be overlooked, Atlanta is 14-3 at home over the last 2 years and now this year.

Karlos Dansby plays for one of them.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If you think this week was bad, losing to the Raiders will make this week seem like a week in Hawaii.

This week was bad, and next week could be worse.

Ooooooooo! Scary.

Sorry, Cardinals fan for a while. Not shaken in the least by the ominous scary words.

Seriously, can we just have someone host the pity party that I guess is needed, and get on with it.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, Atlanta is OVER by tomorrow.

Last edited:

freebyrd

Reaction score

Botton line though.

Watch your step!
unlike many on here i had the misfortune to sit on those same bleachers on those same months bro' and i hear ya,
use to live off 44th st and mcdowell... good times
but you right we had a man that lead us to all those accomplishments his name is kurt warner!!
kidding, but for whiz'z foresight and grabbing kurt off the scrap heap once again we never would have gotten there and won a superbowl (that punks second foot wasn't down, finally saw some si reporters series of pictures about a year ago that clearly showed santonio holmes foot never touched the endzone) but they never should have been at that point in the game in the first place, save one defensive stop and it would have been game over,
but i digress, BOY do i digress! what were we talking about now?

oh yeah anyway whiz while being a good coach and certainly the best we've had since coryell, is not infallible, i think he probably quietly second guess's himself all the time,

having been in a leadership position myself for many years thats something most everyone has done truth be told, but to keep that leadership aura around you you have to not let em' see you sweat, so to speak

and whiz doe's that very well, so we are going to, i'll use an old drag racing vernacular here "run what we brung" and let the chips fall

i'm ok with that, 2 years ago i never thought i'd live to see this team in a superbowl and since i ain't getting any younger i will cherish the magical 2008 playoff run and forever hold a special place in my heart for all the players and coaches that made that possible
hell we shook up the world, so i can die happy, anything else is icing on the cake,
so whatever happens this year will get a pass from me more or less, will i still bitch when we lose? yes, will i still cheer when we win? yes, will i be taking any sort of exits? haven't for 35 years so hell no!

i'll be right here god willing for a bit longer
go cards

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Botton line though.

Watch your step!

Which makes me wonder why you would post this here knowing that 95% of the people who participate on ASFN are die hard Cardinal fans and not the bandwagon folks who jumped on board in December of 2008.

:p

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Botton line though.

Watch your step!

Perfect post O...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Perfect post O...

I very much disagree. I've been with the team through thick and thin. I've rooted for the Cards since the move to the desert. I've damned well earned my stripes, and if I want to rip the team when they damned well deserve to be ripped, I'll rip them. I'm not a bandwagoner, and just because I want to rip the team when they need it and deserve it doesn't make me want to stop rooting for the team. Get off the high horse and deal with horrific losses however you want to deal with them, and don't tell others how to do it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I very much disagree. I've been with the team through thick and thin. I've rooted for the Cards since the move to the desert. I've damned well earned my stripes, and if I want to rip the team when they damned well deserve to be ripped, I'll rip them. I'm not a bandwagoner, and just because I want to rip the team when they need it and deserve it doesn't make me want to stop rooting for the team. Get off the high horse and deal with horrific losses however you want to deal with them, and don't tell others how to do it.

Big difference between ripping the team (well deserved on Sunday) and saying ridiculous things / turning on any player or coach on the team. This board has resorted to start an UDFA rookie QB and Bidwill is cheap/doesn't want to win. This crap is so 1990's.

When every other post is fire this guy, cut this guy, bench this guy, it get's old. It was old having to read all of the bashing of Warner. Really...this board bashed Warner consistantly. Now we are bashing Coach Whisenhunt? 2 straight division championships and a SB appearance? This isn't Dave McGinnis or Vince Tobin. That can not be defended and shows that there are many people on here that are just Cardinal cannibals.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

That is fine.

I have very much earned my stripes as well.

And if I feel that, as a collective group of fans, to much of a majority have become woefully over-dramatic, and downright silly with there perspective I will do so.

So, NO, I will never tell someone how to root (since before this season is over I WILL have my share of ridiculous, over-dramatic posts), but there is also a limit to what I will sit around and listen to. Goes both ways.

Some feel this team won't win another game. IMHO, that is foolish. Fire Whiz, Cut Anderson, Learn from the Niners ? Foolish, rediculous, overdramatic, B.S. <-- My humble opinion and I have the need to throw that out there.

Nothing personal towards you Stout, since what you say is the truth. Never want to say "root this way". Rip'em all you want, but at some point you gotta face the next game.

EDIT: ALSO, May I point out that last week when we won. Many of us were not free to enjoy said win. Just as you defend the right of a fan to complain about a loss, where was the passion for the fan who just wanted to enjoy a victory ? A little of this is carry over from last week, when "the crew" was busy bashing our team for winning. There is a difference between venting/making a statement, and just whining and being negative on EVERYTHING. Boy cries wolf and all that.

I got laughed at for saying that I enjoy watching Cardinals football on a Cardinals football message board, by a Cardinals "fan" That is Bullcrap! How is that in any way acceptable or logical ?

Last edited:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whiz decided he didn't want to go to war with Matty.
Done deal, no matter how much you whine the fact remains the same.
Exits to the left, exits to the right.
Watch your step.

You are hilarious. Either lick Whisenhunt's balls or you can't be a Cardinals fan?

1. I will always cheer for my team
2. Cheering for your team doesn't mean getting bent over, taking it, and being silent about it
3. The day I listen to an LA Lakers fan living in Phoenix making bold statements about the Cardinals and "bandwagon" in the same sentence is a cold day in hell

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Which makes me wonder why you would post this here knowing that 95% of the people who participate on ASFN are die hard Cardinal fans and not the bandwagon folks who jumped on board in December of 2008.

:p

It's the "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor..." speech. Thanks O, I needed that.

:koolaid:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Either lick Whisenhunt's balls or you can't be a Cardinals fan?

2. Cheering for your team doesn't mean getting bent over, taking it, and being silent about it

Maybe your pissed about something going on outside of football?

:oops: