The Equalizer 2

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so,..wow,... they thought that first one deserved a sequel hunh?

It was unnecessarily long but even still, I loved it. And I'm looking forward to a sequel, just hoping it's better than John Wick 2.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It was unnecessarily long but even still, I loved it. And I'm looking forward to a sequel, just hoping it's better than John Wick 2.

the first movie was decent because of the nostalgia from watching the original with Michael Cain... but it was basically just a TV pilot that never turned in to a new series..it had exactly that feel to it...tv pilot

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first movie was decent because of the nostalgia from watching the original with Michael Caine... but it was basically just a TV pilot that never turned in to a new series..it had exactly that feel to it...tv pilot

Do you mean Edward Woodward? He was the original Robert McCall from the TV series which this film was very loosely based.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Equalizer 2

Release date: July 20, 2018
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Antoine Fuqua
MPAA Rating: R (for brutal violence throughout, language, and some drug content)
Screenwriter: Richard Wenk
Genre: Thriller, Action

Starring: Denzel Washington, Pedro Pascal, Ashton Sanders, Bill Pullman, Melissa Leo

Plot Summary: Denzel Washington returns to one of his signature roles in the first sequel of his career. Robert McCall serves an unflinching justice for the exploited and oppressed - but how far will he go when that is someone he loves?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
One of the rare movies that was good because of the side plots, rather than the main one. Doesn't hold a shine to the first, of course, but was enjoyable enough.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was well worth the $$$ very enjoyable and as usual Denzel is Denzel!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took me a bit but I finally figured out where I'd seen "Dave" before..... Agent Peña in Narcos.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
One of the rare movies that was good because of the side plots, rather than the main one. Doesn't hold a shine to the first, of course, but was enjoyable enough.

They definitely reached for a storyline to make another one. Pretty much the case in most sequels.

At least they left Man On Fire alone. :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is this had the worst marketing ever. Seriously, hardly had seen one commercial about the sequel. The first one was surprisingly good. The wife and I are going to try and see this in the next few days if our schedule permits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard