The End of College Sports As We Know It

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
College sports is close to losing me as a fan.

They should just make college sports a minor league and pay the athletes based on a collective bargaining agreement. Forget the NCAA.

They could have different levels of competition sort of like minor league baseball.

It's not what I want but we are looking at professional sports. Maybe colleges should get out of sports period or go to pure amateur status with no scholarships or incentives.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
College sports is close to losing me as a fan.

They should just make college sports a minor league and pay the athletes based on a collective bargaining agreement. Forget the NCAA.

They could have different levels of competition sort of like minor league baseball.

It's not what I want but we are looking at professional sports. Maybe colleges should get out of sports period or go to pure amateur status with no scholarships or incentives.

They are making too much money, mainly from football not to be paying. It would be crazy if the colleges got to keep all of that money off of unpaid labor.

I agree with your sentiment though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are making too much money, mainly from football not to be paying. It would be crazy if the colleges got to keep all of that money off of unpaid labor.

I agree with your sentiment though.

I'm simply saying, the way it's going, college sports may be want to be set up in a format similar to professional sports.

Yes, pay the players, but let's not pretend it's amateur sports and set up contractual agreements to pay the players.

The NIL stuff seems to be the wild, wild West.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I personally side with the kids.
1. Kids get recruited over all the time, why hold them up when them may not see the field.
2. Coaches leave for greener pastures all the time even when they are still under contract.
3. Blueblood programs aren't going to raise a stink because they would benefit the most.
4. Kids want to win just as much as coaches and boosters so wanting to play for a winner makes sense.
5. Playing for teams with weekly national TV exposure helps their draft stock.

Here are some measures to limit the chaos.
1. Make transfers ineligible for NIL deals.
2. Keep sit out year, no immediate eligibility on transfers.

Unfortunately, with the exception of UA basketball, Arizona college athletics are in an embarrassing state so super conferences are no big worry for me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The future of major college football could be governed outside the NCAA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson