The Durant Sweepstakes

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s see how much he taunts people on those three balls playing for a bucket of crap.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make some noise. That is a team with a lot of good shooters and loooooong defenders. They are not a title threat by any means but they're going to bug the hell out of whoever they play in the playoffs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A PGOTF just got considerably less important. We weren’t getting a top-5 player for just one of the twins and picks.

The Suns didn't need a top 5 player to win it all.

Hopefully I will get around to the third stage of grief, bargaining, tomorrow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD is really good but saying he's the undisputed #1 on this team is a huge stretch. This is Booker's team and I wouldn't say KD is that much better than Booker at this point. Book is improving while KD is declining as well.

I like adding KD but hate losing Mikal, Cam, & 4 picks. That's a huge price to pay and if a title isn't won then it was all for nothing and sets us back in a big way. I don't care if we become a destination, we paid a huge a price to bring in an aging star who wanted to come here and out of his current situation. What will we have to bring in another star to replace Paul? Ayton, is basically it. It's really hard to look past the side of this if KD can't stay healthy or something else causes us to collapse again in the postseason.
You guys overrate our own players to such a fantastic degree.

KD immediately becomes the best, most dangerous player on the team. Yes, I expect him to say the right things about this being Book’s team, but if we’re gonna win the whole thing, only way that happens is if KD is the man.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they make some noise. That is a team with a lot of good shooters and loooooong defenders. They are not a title threat by any means but they're going to bug the hell out of whoever they play in the playoffs.
They are not a threat to do jack squat.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you are if you think Monty is going to rebuild this offense in the middle of the season and push Book aside. I think Durant’s touches are going to come at the expense of Ayton.
I think this pushes monty out in the offseason. His guard-centric offense needs to change and I don’t think he has it in him.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yes he was. And he's played at that level this season, when he's played. But AD was a top player too and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole either. And Durant has missed more games the past 4 years than AD has. The Lakers made a similarly risky trade to get Davis and it paid off for them. Hope we have the same luck but we won't have the bubble year working for us like they did.

I know this has many here excited and I wish I could join in the excitement but to me, it's the worst Suns news I've ever heard as a lifelong Suns fan. Don't want to rain on anyone else's parade here though so I'll try to keep my negative feelings on this trade to a minimum going forward.
I was bummed when my favorite player at the time, Larry Nance, was traded for three guys named Kevin Johnson, Mark West, and Tyrone Corbin.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KD immediately becomes the best, most dangerous player on the team. Yes, I expect him to say the right things about this being Book’s team, but if we’re gonna win the whole thing, only way that happens is if KD is the man.
If you don’t think Book has to be just as big as he has been before the injury you are crazy. KD isn’t going to win jack without Book playing like a star. It has nothing to do with an overvaluation of him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don’t think Book has to be just as big as he has been before the injury you are crazy. KD isn’t going to win jack without Book playing like a star. It has nothing to do with overvaluation him.
Jesus. ARE YOU GOING TO GASLIGHT HERE ALSO?

Duh… Booker is going to play like a star. Same way Wade did with LeBron. But LEBRON WAS THE BEST PLAYER AND TITLE RAN THROUGH HIM.

Same is true with KD.

And for Christ sake, don’t project some kind of idiotic crap like I said Booker wouldn’t be a star into this thread. It’s embarassing, stupid and pointless.

We now have the best 1-2 combo in the league. But make no mistake a healthy KD is the 1. And should be. And It’ll make Booker even more dangerous.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

I agree but the torch may be passed during their time together in Phx. KD is no doubt that guy as of this moment but if you know Booker it's only going to make him work that much harder

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Duh… Booker is going to play like a star. Same way Wade did with LeBron. But LEBRON WAS THE BEST PLAYER AND TITLE RAN THROUGH HIM.

Same is true with KD.

And for Christ sake, don’t project some kind of idiotic crap like I said Booker wouldn’t be a star into this thread. It’s embarassing, stupid and pointless.

We now have the best 1-2 combo in the league. But make no mistake a healthy KD is the 1. And should be. And It’ll make Booker even more dangerous.

You are being a little brusque please let it go

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you don’t think Book has to be just as big as he has been before the injury you are crazy. KD isn’t going to win jack without Book playing like a star. It has nothing to do with an overvaluation of him.
I get both sides of this argument. It will still be books team. Even when Paul was electric it was books team. But to win the championship it likely means both KD and book go superstar. But KDs superstar is that much higher than books at present. Kinda like GS . . . it was always curry’s squad but for a brief period KD was the best player.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same is true with KD.

And for Christ sake, don’t project some kind of idiotic crap like I said Booker wouldn’t be a star into this thread. It’s embarassing and stupid.
Nobody is gaslighting. Don’t be a tool. I am saying that if Booker has the same role it’s still his team. It might be a 1 and 1A type scenario but Book is not taking a backseat. Nobody is suggesting you are saying he would no longer be a star.

Stop being so sensative and overreacting like a drama queen….again.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then why Cam Johnson too? Suns overpaid. Only can hope it works out.

Who is the PGOTF?
Don’t like losing both but the opportunity is now had to do it. I love Cam but the way he runs around and got dinged up left and right not sure he can be trusted to stay healthy as a starter he missed more games than played since promoted. You had a chance for KD have to do it and risk it for a legit title contender…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but the torch may be passed during their time together in Phx. KD is no doubt that guy as of this moment but if you know Booker it's only going to make him work that much harder
Over time, sure. Not this season or next if KD’s healthy. And they are just going to be the nastiest 1-2 punch in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. This trade has zero impact on that front. Weird to bring it up in this thread.

Talking about GM decsions has everything to do with it although I won't put this trade entirely on James Jones because there is the ownership factor.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get both sides of this argument. It will still be books team. Even when Paul was electric it was books team. But to win the championship it likely means both KD and book go superstar. But KDs superstar is that much higher than books at present. Kinda like GS . . . it was always curry’s squad but for a brief period KD was the best player.
Pretty much what I am saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody is gaslighting. Don’t be a tool. I am saying that if Booker has the same role it’s still his team. It might be a 1 and 1A type scenario but Book is not taking a backseat.

You posted some flagrarabtly stupid garbage claiming I said Booker wouldn’t be a star. Then call me a drama Queen and a tool. Go EAT A BAG douche.

If you can’t make an argument without completely distorting my point, stop responding to them. It’s not hard to understand what I’m saying without completely distorting it. You’re smarter than that. Or at least I used to think you were.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody is gaslighting. Don’t be a tool. I am saying that if Booker has the same role it’s still his team. It might be a 1 and 1A type scenario but Book is not taking a backseat.

Also please stop and let it go.

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You posted some flagrarabtly stupid garbage claiming I said Booker wouldn’t be a star.

If you can’t make an argument without completely distorting my point, stop responding to them. It’s not hard to understand what I’m saying without completely distorting it. You’re smarter than that. Or at least I used to think you were.
Oh stop with that B.S. Never said you said that you thought Book wasn’t going to be a star. Not what I said at all. You are the one distorting what was said because you are being sensitive again. I thought YOU were smarter than that. I am talking about Books role on the team. Again, he isn’t taking a backseat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose