The Durant Sweepstakes

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Everybody knows once a Superstar asks to be traded they usually are. Sounds like KD never had any intention of suiting up for them again. Once he said fire Nash/Marks he solidified that.
You’re not getting what I’m saying. But that’s ok.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jureki just tweeted KD has landed in Phoenix tonight. He can’t meet with suns team officials, but he can meet with players.

this may not be over.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jureki just tweeted KD has landed in Phoenix tonight. He can’t meet with suns team officials, but he can meet with players.

this may not be over.

I read this earlier, but I thought people were joking around.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read this earlier, but I thought people were joking around.

KD is in record as loving Scottsdale. I don't know if it's his favorite city but he definitely enjoys it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who the hell willingly comes to Scottsdale in August… for vacation?!

Dagnabit… don’t want to get sucked into this circus again!
I am in my pool all summer. Although I was just in Scottsdale for an event a couple weeks ago.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s happening:
-
You must be registered for see images attach
I've got a fake BoSa near me. I don't get how they pull it off but there are a few fake BoSas out there, I guess the original didn't trademark the name before the copycats showed up.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are saying this morning it's not Suns related, or it would be tampering. The deal would have to be approved by the league first. However, he is allowed to hang out with players. Just nobody from the Suns organization. We don't want to be in the same boat as the Knicks.

P.S. Maybe looking for a house? Sending a message that this is where he wants to play? It's odd. How funny would it be though if he publicly announced the purchase of a house here in the valley to further sabotage the Nets outrageous asking price?!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scottsdale has a great nightlife, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, it should be a plus no matter the reason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Filiberto's has a tradition with Suns players.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Its time to move on. It doesn’t seem like anything will happen. Who did we miss out while trying to get this done? Seems like we wasted time.
I liked Malcolm Brogdon. Always wanted the Suns to go after him but the Boston got him. He would been nice replacement when CP3 retires.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I was referring too. NBA Executives think KD's actions could lower the asking price.

"There is a growing belief among rival teams that Durant knew when he issued that me-or-them ultimatum that Tsai had no intention of yielding to the request and firing Marks and Nash. One resultant theory that the Durant/Tsai meeting spawned is the idea KD has begun trying to manufacture as much behind-the-scenes discord as he can in hopes that it will lead the Nets to lower their asking price and trade him out of exasperation."

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This is what I was referring too. NBA Executives think KD's actions could lower the asking price.

"There is a growing belief among rival teams that Durant knew when he issued that me-or-them ultimatum that Tsai had no intention of yielding to the request and firing Marks and Nash. One resultant theory that the Durant/Tsai meeting spawned is the idea KD has begun trying to manufacture as much behind-the-scenes discord as he can in hopes that it will lead the Nets to lower their asking price and trade him out of exasperation."

Seems pretty obvious, no?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah, right, Nets. Tatum and Brown. i'm really beginning to hate them -- and understand their role in the team's dysfunction
In fairness to the Nets, they traded Tatum and Brown to Boston for washed up Kevin Garnett so they obviously don't value those two as highly as the rest of the league :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the story is already out there, Flex from Jersey says he has been told Kevin Durant is not currently in Phoenix although he was planning a visit but plans changed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki on the radio already confirmed KD wasn’t in Phoenix and was in Los Angeles. He responded to Flex saying it again on Twitter. Also, Gambo said he “could be” not that he was in town and already reported it had nothing to do with the Suns.