The Durant Sweepstakes

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ughhhh nets are like sure suns you can have kd just give us book bridges and picks lol

If that Boston trade Is the price for kd than forgot it and just pray more team chemistry from this suns team in poffs .....

Very sad probably no kd in Phoenix but cp3 da book can win a ring ...... fingers crossed

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s to the point where I don’t believe a single report from anyone even if it’s Shams saying the Suns are still in it. Anyone with a blue check on twitter can throw something out and it gets circulated as legitimate. I remember the days of only hearing about trade rumors when Peter Vecsey did halftime updates on NBC.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Nets owner almost had to say this in reaction to what Durant reportedly said.

The word "support" can be a fleeting thing.

Besides, if the Nets changed GMs, he would be making future decisions.
No he didn't. It could have just been released through the media, not his own account. He didn't "have" to do anything.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You think? It doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. I mean, KD asking Tsai to fire Nash/Marks seems like a much bigger deal. This comment seems to be saying "we will do what's best for our team, regardless of what KD wants". Seems like both sides are just firing the first salvo on what can likely get much uglier.
Joe Tsai with that tweet essentially guaranteed that any offers coming to the Nets will actually be less because he basically said that he's not going through with KD's ultimatum.

Would have put Brooklyn in a better negotiating position had it just been reported in the media or some such.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It’s to the point where I don’t believe a single report from anyone even if it’s Shams saying the Suns are still in it. Anyone with a blue check on twitter can throw something out and it gets circulated as legitimate. I remember the days of only hearing about trade rumors when Peter Vecsey did halftime updates on NBC.
Except we're talking about a tweet from Joe Tsai himself a mere hours after the media reported KD's ultimatum.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski has been mostly silent about the subject of late.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s because he’s been wrong lately on a couple of things and not late-breaking news.

He has been really quiet of late. I must have missed the things he was wrong about.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't been following Kemba Walker much, aside from the recent buyout rumor. If he can still play, the Suns need a third option at point guard. He only played in 37 games last season for the Knicks. His career appears in decline.
I know that now thanks. It appears he is on the decline.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that now thanks. It appears he is on the decline.

If the Suns believe Kemba Walker is healthy and they acquire him on a minimum contract I'm not against the signing.

I was just pointing out that he has had some injury issues and statistically his career appears in decline.

If he is bought out, there is a lot to like.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Woj AND Shams are Shills for the NE teams. Of course they report the truth but they both also report BS a lot if it fits in the scheme of things.

One thing to remember is KD hasn't said anything, not a word about Philly, Boston or Toronto. I mean FFS I've heard the Pelicans were interested. Duh its KD EVERYONE is interested.
Every one of the articles about KD going here or there were written by either people involved with the team OR the reporters that cover those teams.
Until KD says "I want to play for ..." everything we are hearing is horse poo and speculation.
If he really wants to play with Book he needs to say that NOW!
Or let us move on. To LessBron

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the Suns believe Kemba Walker is healthy and they acquire him on a minimum contract I'm not against the signing.

I was just pointing out that he has had some injury issues and statistically his career appears in decline.

Pretty sure Kemba would earn the position over Payne as backup.
I'm down.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Kemba would earn the position over Payne as backup.
I'm down.

There is not much downside. It would be nice to keep Payne too.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Tsai with that tweet essentially guaranteed that any offers coming to the Nets will actually be less because he basically said that he's not going through with KD's ultimatum.

Would have put Brooklyn in a better negotiating position had it just been reported in the media or some such.
KD already did that. KD saying that basically he is not coming back put all the pressure on the Nets already and trying to force the Nets to take whatever offers are on the table. That in turn tells teams to wait because the Nets pressure ramps up the longer this plays out knowing he is not playing for them this year. Joe's comment was an attempt to convince teams that they won't take less than they think he is worth regardless of what Kevin says. It was a necessary statement by Joe to try and preserve any bargaining power.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
KD already did that. KD saying that basically he is not coming back put all the pressure on the Nets already and trying to force the Nets to take whatever offers are on the table. That in turn tells teams to wait because the Nets pressure ramps up the longer this plays out knowing he is not playing for them this year. Joe's comment was an attempt to convince teams that they won't take less than they think he is worth regardless of what Kevin says. It was a necessary statement by Joe to try and preserve any bargaining power.
We'll disagree on this one. It is not a good look for the owner to basically say he supports his GM while at the same time sabotaging the quality of offers said GM will be looking at. He essentially said there is no chance for KD to stay in Brooklyn, so the offers will be mediocre at best moving forward.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its time to move on. It doesn’t seem like anything will happen. Who did we miss out while trying to get this done? Seems like we wasted time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its time to move on. It doesn’t seem like anything will happen. Who did we miss out while trying to get this done? Seems like we wasted time.

The Suns have all their draft picks going forward. There is always a chance to make a move at the trade deadline if not now.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll disagree on this one. It is not a good look for the owner to basically say he supports his GM while at the same time sabotaging the quality of offers said GM will be looking at. He essentially said there is no chance for KD to stay in Brooklyn, so the offers will be mediocre at best moving forward.
Yeah but KD did that first. KD already made it clear he wasn't returning. I was watching multiple sports shows that night. It seemed to be a consensus that KD said that knowing already that Nash/Marks were not going anywhere. Teams are smart enough to realize that too. Also, according to most reports nobody has come close to offering what the Nets have been asking anyway.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah I agree if he has something left. Kemba used to be tough.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah but KD did that first. KD already made it clear he wasn't returning. I was watching multiple sports shows that night. It seemed to be a consensus that KD said that knowing already that Nash/Marks were not going anywhere. Teams are smart enough to realize that too. Also, according to most reports nobody has come close to offering what the Nets have been asking anyway.
Doesn’t matter what KD said. The Nets didn’t have to trade him. And now they pretty much have to.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yeah, right, Nets. Tatum and Brown. i'm really beginning to hate them -- and understand their role in the team's dysfunction

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter what KD said. The Nets didn’t have to trade him. And now they pretty much have to.
Everybody knows once a Superstar asks to be traded they usually are. Sounds like KD never had any intention of suiting up for them again. Once he said fire Nash/Marks he solidified that.