The Durant Sweepstakes

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW.

I watched Flex on The Gamactica Podcast on July 30th.

He still thinks Durant will end up in Phoenix as of today with a 20% chance the Nets try to roll with him in Brooklyn.

Also he thinks Knicks, Jazz and Kings are teams that could make it happen giving the Nets the assets they want.

The Kings are a new addition to the list.

Additionally teams are watching to see if Lebron is extended on August 4th.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Flex say that LeBron had higher odds of landing in Phoenix than KD? I believe it was around the draft he said that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
FWIW.

I watched Flex on The Gamactica Podcast on July 30th.

He still thinks Durant will end up in Phoenix as of today with a 20% chance the Nets try to roll with him in Brooklyn.

Also he thinks Knicks, Jazz and Kings are teams that could make it happen giving the Nets the assets they want.

The Kings are a new addition to the list.

Additionally teams are watching to see if Lebron is extended on August 4th.
The Kings love making trades but I think their lineup is set going forward:
-
Fox
Huerter
Barnes
Murray
Sabonis
-
Unless they want to move Fox and pair the Mitchell’s…

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-
Fox
Huerter
Barnes
Murray
Sabonis
-

I like what the Kings have done, particularly their taste in point guards. Hopefully will get it right soon.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here's the tweet about it, it's not a Flex tweet so it wasn't deleted. He's on a podcast saying it. Can't delete other people's podcasts as easily as tweets.
Flex says so many things he hopes his "flexers" can't remember them all. He has been soooo wrong this offseason outside of him saying KD wanted a trade. He really has outdone himself this offseason. He mentioned he is going to "retire". He is trying to go out with a bang I think.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-
Fox
Huerter
Barnes
Murray
Sabonis
-

This is the kings we’re talking about, their lineup is a set as my bowel movements on a Sunday morning.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I’m waiting for the new exciting threads after the “ayton plan” and “Durant sweepstakes” are done

Some suggestions:
-The Payne pain

-The crowder conundrum

-the Monty monotony

-The cp3 breakdown

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
in this case, i'm insulted i did not make the "triad of evil"

no one expected a "king's ransom for Ayton." far from it
and no one expected the Nets to accept "peanuts"
a few, like me, wouldn't offer much for Durant because we believe his future value isn't worth the sacrifice.
but we don't EXPECT the Nets to do anything, but, perhaps, be the leagues most dysfunctional franchise
and that's why Durant wants out. He's the one who expects the Nets to give in

but, frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn -- what he wants or what the Nets want.
me and the sinister James Jones stand by our offer of 4 picks and parts. The Nets can take it or leave it

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Durant situation hasn't changed much.

Wait and see if Durant makes it plain to the Nets that he isn't going to play there and he wants to be in Phoenix. The ball is in his court... so to speak. If he takes that next step then the Nets will be lucky to get 1/3rd of their current asking price.

It would be rather poetic too, after they got Harden for beans because Houston tried to play hard ball and got burned... then they got Simmons for Harden's corpse because the Sixers tried to play hard ball and got burned.

If a star indicates they want out history has shown that you should take the best offer you can get as quick as possible. In all likelihood, at some point in the next year, Durant will get traded (either here or Miami) for a fraction of the current asking price.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is funny

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What I find interesting about that deal is how it projects +9 wins for the Suns. That would make them a 73 win team. If only it were that easy.

I know Philly liked Saric also and only dealt him for Jimmy Butler. Losing Harris creates a hole for them and I suspect they'd prefer Dario over Shamet, who has also been in Philly, and was drafted by them, but was dealt for Harris after his rookie season.

I like the framework of that deal. Of course we'd need to include picks but I could see Philly including picks as well because they get under the luxury tax apron.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Finito

My plan B would be to add a point guard that can distribute and create his own shot.

Also, I'd like to add Jarred Vanderbilt when he is eligible for trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is more about Kevin Durant having a meeting with the Nets owner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Wait….Is Jae crowders twitter a KD burner?!

#flexfromboise (TM by elindholm)