The Durant Sweepstakes

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Do we think the collective improvement of ayton, booker, cam, and Bridges plus the unknown of CP3 will outweigh the contribution of KD (Minus whoever we trade)?

thats where i‘m not sure. I feel like it’s probably pretty even.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we think the collective improvement of ayton, booker, cam, and Bridges plus the unknown of CP3 will outweigh the contribution of KD (Minus whoever we trade)?

It's a superstar driven league so if Durant is the player of old he would likely give us quite a bit more in year one than the expected improvements of the players you mentioned. And probably in year two also, I'd say by year three with his normal decline and the continued growth of Ayton and company, we'd start losing value in the swap.

I'm against the trade because to this equation you have to allow for the risk that his frequent injures since the Achilles repair will continue, increase and worsen in impact as he ages, meaning we have a fair chance of not getting the Durant of old.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Suns have a chance to add another shot maker and shot creator without taking away from the nucleus I would be tempted to go this direction. I like the idea of adding Durant but not at the cost of giving up both Bridges and Johnson.

As long as James Jones is the GM, draft picks do not carry a lot of value other than for trade so it has to be viewed through this lens.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, not even close IMO.

I really think people are discounting just how good KD is.

I don't think so.

In the last Olympics I was impressed how he carried the United States basketball team. Opponents had no answer for him.

If the Suns can get Durant I will be absolutely thrilled but I realize there is a cost attached. Also he will turn 34 before the season starts.

The Suns started down this road when they added Chris Paul so it makes some sense James Jones may follow the same path of adding a veteran star. As fans we are along for the ride.

It's possible to see both sides of the coin. If the Suns add Durant and they win a championship it will be worth it to me. Hopefully he gives the Suns a four year window.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The internet is roasting Draymond for saying he ain’t staying unless he gets a max

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bookers improvements throughout his career have been measured.

I’d say that Bridges doesn’t have the same trajectory.

CJ well if he’d get more minutes. Right now Crowder and Monty are standing in his way, as well as other scorers in the starting unit. Do I see IT in him, yes. Yes that he could improve and has improved.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The internet is roasting Draymond for saying he ain’t staying unless he gets a max
No way I give him a max contract if I am Golden State. He is still good but he isn't getting younger. No freaking way. You have to let him walk. They can't afford to pay him Max when they are way way way over the luxury tax threshold.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What he say
How Draymond doesn't speak for the Warriors and how Rodzilla would annihilate him. Basically how if the game was played how it is today back in the 90s those players would have adapted and been even more deadlier. Was very much pro 90s Bulls over everyone and everything. Dennis Rodman does not get triple singles and would be in Greens head before he even put on his jersey. Someone called and said they would take the wasted North Korea Rodman over Green lol

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

like i said several times
the equation is bigger
you need to add what we can get for our 4 first round picks + parts to the ayton, booker, cam, bridges, CP3 side before the trade deadline

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pay the man. Nothing like a little discord.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pay the man. Nothing like a little discord.
If he opts out to force the issue after next season? He is likely on his way out. It would cost them $164.2 million over five years to max out Green. Then they have to worry about new contracts soon for Klay, Poole and Wiggins. That's on top of them already paying a $170 million luxury tax this year. That would easily put them over $200 Million Luxury tax in 2024 before they even address those other guys.

A GSW wakeup call is coming soon. :oops:

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, the latest rumor is that out of all those players coming up for contracts? They are going to ask Klay to give them a "discount".

With Klay missing a lot of time due to injury it wouldn't be unreasonable but players generally don't think this way.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he opts out to force the issue after next season? He is likely on his way out. It would cost them $164.2 million over five years to max out Green. Then they have to worry about new contracts soon for Klay, Poole and Wiggins. That's on top of them already paying a $170 million luxury tax this year. That would easily put them over $200 Million Luxury tax in 2024 before they even address those other guys.

A GSW wakeup call is coming soon. :oops:
I think it’s worse than that. They’re on a long run of seasons in the tax and it increases significantly each year you’re over. I am pretty sure their bill for the coming season is already projected to be well over 200 million.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's nuts and the Warriors have to be fuming. He's had a great career and he's still good but he literally had to benched in the finals you can't demand a max deal now. He's relying on Steph standing up for him and saying I don't want to lose Draymond. I don't want to either but a max deal now makes no sense at all.

They have 4 guys who want extensions, Wiggins, Poole, Klay and Draymond. Arguably I listed them in the order of importance. I love Klay but coming off 2 major injuries at his age maybe he is better next year than last year but more likely he has to be sat regularly for maintenance and they try to get him to the postseason healthy and then play him more.

If they lose Wiggins or Poole to keep dray it's a huge mistake IMO

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Miami Herald today reported that the Heat are pretty much out of the Durant race because of the Nets idiocy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the moment, it's hard to believe the Nets are serious about trading Durant unless they receive an offer they can't refuse.

Maybe if he doesn't show for training camp something changes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if it did I don’t see why that makes Brooklyn idiots. Minnesota just got bent over the barrel for Rudy Gobert so they’re capable of doing dumb things.

While I don't disagree, if the Nets walked away from a reported trade offer of Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and two first round picks, that's an awfully good offer.

IMO, that's better than the Gobert trade.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
While I don't disagree, if the Nets walked away from a reported trade offer of Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and two first round picks, that's an awfully good offer.

IMO, that's better than the Gobert trade.
If teams not on his wish list are willing to trade for him then there will be other offers. Training camp is still two months away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose