Suns Off-season Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can agree with this. But this is the prob you cant pay him super max when you need 2-3 other players that may think they are worth the same.
It's not a good situation for us, I've talked about the problems with the Super Max for years now. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we give him the SM, it will be that much more difficult to build an elite team around him. But if we don't give it to him we're even more screwed.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Flex dropping bombs

Saying unless the suns really like the deal expect Ayton back

If Kyrie wants out KD is also gone and his number 1 choice is Phoenix and his number 2 choice is Phoenix

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate this guy.
What a joke Flex is. First is we are getting a Superstar. Now expect Ayton back if the Suns don't like the deal. Wait....wut?!?! If the Suns were getting a Superstar there is NO WAY and I mean NO WAY they don't like that deal.

This guy is clown.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a good situation for us, I've talked about the problems with the Super Max for years now. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we give him the SM, it will be that much more difficult to build an elite team around him. But if we don't give it to him we're even more screwed.
They’re really in the toughest spot possible. The reality is they’ve got TWO young “star” tweeners, for lack of a better term.

Booker is a PHENOMINAL #2, but a nominal #1… who is deserving of a MAX deal but not a Super-Max.

Ayton is a really good #3, with the tantalizing upside to be even more, who’s really only worth about what JJJ got if not a little more, but will get a MAX on the open market.

Neither are THE superstar that drive you to a title but both will cost more than they’re actually worth, while siphoning off too much cap space to ever get that legit #1.

And none of us want to completely bust the team up because we’ve been so starved for anything resembling competence after wandering in the desert wasteland from 2010-2020.

It’s kinda no-win situations all around if the ultimate goal is a title.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a joke Flex is. First is we are getting a Superstar. Now expect Ayton back if the Suns don't like the deal. Wait....wut?!?! If the Suns were getting a Superstar there is NO WAY and I mean NO WAY they don't like that deal.

This guy is clown.

Well

He never says we were trading Ayton for a superstar. He said there might be a unique opportunity for the Suns to land a superstar and so far that take looks pretty good. It’s all gonna depend what Kyrie does

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I suspect Durant was the "superstar" that Flex was hinting about from the get go. Not that he particularly knew anything, but probably had a reasonable deduction (as many of us here did) that Durant might be wanting out of Brooklyn at some point this off-season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dennis Schroder is an inefficient ball hog who doesn't defend and makes teams actively worse. Midway through the season Boston was battling for the 8th seed, and there were a ton of questions about their chemistry and if Brown and Tatum could function together.

They dump Schroder and immediately became one of the best teams in the league.

I wouldn't take him for free.

I doubt Houston offers him a contract, he will get a one year deal somewhere, that team will be dying to be rid of him before his deal is up. I expect he is a year or 2 from playing in China.

Dumping Schroeder wasn’t the reason that team took off.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well

He never says we were trading Ayton for a superstar. He said there might be a unique opportunity for the Suns to land a superstar and so far that take looks pretty good. It’s all gonna depend what Kyrie does
No he said the Suns "have a unique opportunity to land a true Superstar". As the opportunity is in front of them to take. He never said "might". STOP. It couldn't be KD because KD has signaled his decision is based on the Nets and what they do with Kyrie. In other words there currently isn't an opportunity with KD yet. That is not "having" an opportunity in front of them.

You see this is what he does, he plays multiple angles that way no matter the outcome he takes credit. He has been caught doing this so many times. He has deleted Tweets because people killed him on Twitter in the past. Again, plenty of examples where has he been wrong. Look he might just gaslight people enough to get himself into a legit career. Doesn't make him any less of a clown.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’re really in the toughest spot possible. The reality is they’ve got TWO young “star” tweeners, for lack of a better term.

Booker is a PHENOMINAL #2, but a nominal #1… who is deserving of a MAX deal but not a Super-Max.

Ayton is a really good #3, with the tantalizing upside to be even more, who’s really only worth about what JJJ got if not a little more, but will get a MAX on the open market.

Neither are THE superstar that drive you to a title but both will cost more than they’re actually worth, while siphoning off too much cap space to ever get that legit #1.

And none of us want to completely bust the team up because we’ve been so starved for anything resembling competence after wandering in the desert wasteland from 2010-2020.

Well if Ayton is worth a little more than JJJ that’s the Max. JJJ will make 28 million next year.

I thought the rookie max was like 30 million

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if Ayton is worth a little more than JJJ that’s the Max. JJJ will make 28 million next year.

I thought the rookie max was like 30 million

Max Deal:

• 2022-23: $30,250,000
  • 2023-24: $32,670,000
  • 2024-25: $35,090,000
  • 2025-26: $37,510,000
  • 2026-27: $39,930,000
  • Total: Five years, $175,450,000
Let's say the Suns want to keep it around 25 million with the yearly increases it would save them 15 million. Even more if they wanted to keep it lower.
  • 2022-23: $25,250,000
  • 2023-24: $27,670,000
  • 2024-25: $30,090,000
  • 2025-26: $32,510,000
  • 2026-27: $34,930,000
  • Total: Five years, $150,450,00
These are just ballpark.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No he said the Suns "have a unique opportunity to land a true Superstar". As the opportunity is in front of them to take. He never said "might". STOP. It couldn't be KD because KD has signaled his decision is based on the Nets and what they do with Kyrie. In other words there currently isn't an opportunity with KD yet. That is not "having" an opportunity in front of them.

You see this is what he does, he plays multiple angles that way no matter the outcome he takes credit. He has been caught doing this so many times. He has deleted Tweets because people killed him on Twitter in the past. Again, plenty of examples where has he been wrong. Look he might just gaslight people enough to get himself into a legit career. Doesn't make him any less of a clown.

That was back in may and here we are talking KD might want out. Idk. You don’t know if that was KD or not

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Max deal would be:​

• 2022-23: $30,250,000
  • 2023-24: $32,670,000
  • 2024-25: $35,090,000
  • 2025-26: $37,510,000
  • 2026-27: $39,930,000
  • Total: Five years, $175,450,000

The CBA ends after next year. These max contracts signed today are going to look like bargains in a few years.

People are saying the cap is going to sky rocket due to streaming and gambling

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was back in may and here we are talking KD might want out. Idk. You don’t know if that was KD or not
My quote was exact in the quote above "the Suns have a unique opportunity to land a true Superstar". How can that be KD because all the local talk around there has been if Kyrie stays KD likely doesn't want out? Please explain how that translates to "the Suns have"? If they move Kyrie he is going to want out. So, it couldn't be KD because it all hinges on Kyrie which is totally up in the air. That is not "having" an opportunity. Those are his words. He NEVER said "might".

He even doubled down indicating the Suns are "at the right time and right place". Again...stop. How can you be at the right time or the right place when everything hinges on Kyrie?!? He couldn't possibly know the outcome because nobody does.

So he is playing multiple angles. By keeping it generic he can say that applies to any star that might end up with the Suns. Oh...the Suns have an opportunity but....oh it fell through or something like it when it doesn't happen.

Bank on it.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This guy is clown.

Again never said we were getting a superstar

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My quote was exact. I do know it wasn't KD because all the local talk around there has been if Kyrie stays KD likely doesn't want out. If they move Kyrie he is going to want out. So, it couldn't be KD because it all hinges on Kyrie which is totally up in the air. That is not "having" an opportunity. Those are his words. He NEVER said "might".

He even doubled down indicating the Suns are "at the right time and right place". Again...stop. How can you be at the right time or the right place when everything hinges on Kyrie?!? He couldn't possibly know the outcome because nobody does.

So he is playing multiple angles. Oh...the Suns have an opportunity but....oh it fell through or something like it when it doesn't happen.
Bank on it.

Lol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. In our favor is that we're not the only good team facing these issues and Ayton plus Booker (to a lesser extent) still have some growth in front of them. But unless we can replace CP3 with a talent nearly equal to him, we're going to be in trouble when he's no longer viable - about where Utah has been for most of the past 3 decades. Good but unable to get over the hump.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
YIKES! This trade suggests giving up Ayton, Bridges and Cam J.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dumping Schroeder wasn’t the reason that team took off.

He was part of the problem and not at all a part of the solution.

Again, I fearlessly predict that the dude will be in China in a few years.